Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Protein calculator

Hi,

I came across many of us who is doing NBE program with BO often have problem judging how much protein is enough protein for us to grow. Many are advise to take between 25g - 50g. So the FAQ is who should take how much without intoxicating our body with too much of protein as this will cause our kidney to work too hard and in long run it will cause negative effects on us. So I came across a protein calculator on this website

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/more-pro...er-you.htm

It is located in the middle. You simply need to key in your weight and it will calculate the amount of protein require by you. Don't forget the food we eat also contain protein in it.

Hope this will help~~

thanks..it´s really helful Shy

It says I need to take 47.2grams or protein.

I probably consume WAY more than that per day.... more like 70g+.

But given we are trying to build up our breasts, shouldn't we be consuming more than we would normally....

?

In general protein consist of carbon, oxygen and nitrogen. Carbon and oxygen molecule are in carbohydrates and fat too. So excessive carbon that is not used up by our body will go under our skin or organs to form fat while the oxygen will be metabolize to become carbon dioxide. Excessive nitrogen in protein however will be washed out by our kidney in the form of urine. Our body only need certain amount of protein. If you take too much yes you will put on weight but to make things worst your kidney will be working very hard to filter out the nitrogen. Have you heard of high acidity (uric acid) urine? It happens when a person take too much of protein especially those with low BVI.

In long run it will basically give the body kidney problem. Though we have 2 kidneys but I am not about loose 1 just because of NBE.

but how much is too much?

The amount that exceed the daily recommended allowances is too much.

I only take 1/4 of the daily recommended allowances of my whey protein isolate because I still eat protein in other form like fish, chicken and etc.

Did you leave the intake at 1.5? Or change it to 1?

I'm not entirely sure how much I weigh now, but I need around 55g of protein. Hmm, I get 27-40% of that from my nutrition drink, depending on the brand. I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough or at least close to it.

Thanks alot crystal, I'm sure this will help just about all of us on the forum! Smile

Periwrinkle12: Honey I don't quite get what you would like to ask Tongue

ShyBoobs: You are very much welcome Big Grin

On the calculator it sAys protein intake and then then the predetermined number already typed in is 1.5

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon