Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A little more estrogen = more curves?

(22-03-2017, 12:26 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  
(21-03-2017, 03:18 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Pink Chiffon, yes your explanation is very clear. I think I expressed myself incorrectly, it's not like we need to have the exact same level of testosterone, estrogen, progesterone. Like you said, it depends on several factors. Extremely high levels of one particular hormone isn't good of course but that's another story. I guess blood tests are the only way to know if we're on the right track... 

I recently heard about DIM thanks to Ella! Did you notice any increase in breast size, Pink Chiffon? I'm also more interested in non-hormonal methods for NBE but I don't know if they are as effective? Pardon my ignorance but if you had very high estrogen levels and equally high testosterone, wouldn't that be ok? I thought the issue is when one hormone is much higher/lower than the others.....how confusing!

Unfortunately, blood tests are the only way to know, but the good news is that blood tests have never been easier to do or more accessible. I don't know how much it would cost to have hormone levels checked, but it might be worth looking into, as optimizing hormone levels will help your overall health as well.

I haven't been taking DIM for very long and started BO at around the same time, so it is hard to say what is working. I know the DIM supplement made me feel so much healthier and clear-headed, and since I started using the BO and DIM supplement (EstroSense) I have had almost nonstop breast aches, which I wasn't having before. This leads me to believe that it is working, but I couldn't say which one is responsible.

There are some great non-hormone options out there but different things work for different people. BO I think is consideres non-hormone, but it requires hormone balance to work and work well. There are also several non-hormone creams like IsoSensual, which stimulates fat cell growth in the breast and helps fat cells get fatter. I think maybe the best non-hormone NBE method is breast pumps. I just bought a Bosom Beauty breast pump system, which I am waiting to receive in the mail sometime this week.

In terms of hormones, bloodwork measures the concentration. There is a healthy range for any hormone in the blood, so you don't want more than x number of hormone molecules in x amount of blood. These hormones don't cancel each other out or interact directly with each other, so levels that are too high, even if it were all hormones, would be bad for the body because it would cause overstimulation of any body system affected by those hormones. Does that clear things up a little?

Thank you, Pink Chiffon for the explanation/recommendations
Now I understand. Hormones need to be in the normal ranges. I was thinking of taking something to slightly increase estrogen....not too much of course otherwise that could have the opposite effect on breasts but now I realize progesterone is also key! 
Will check out IsoSensual. As for breast pumps, I already use a NB but since I get no swelling would like an extra "push". 

I like the link you posted, it explains how hormones work in layman's terms :-) Keep us updated on your progress (not sure if you have a personal thread?)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
A little more estrogen = more curves? - by bettie32 - 20-03-2017, 09:35 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by solome - 20-03-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by EllaC - 21-03-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by Pink.Chiffon - 21-03-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by EllaC - 22-03-2017, 06:40 AM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by Pink.Chiffon - 22-03-2017, 01:57 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by Pink.Chiffon - 21-03-2017, 02:04 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by bettie32 - 21-03-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by Pink.Chiffon - 22-03-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by bettie32 - 22-03-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by Pink.Chiffon - 23-03-2017, 12:48 AM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by bettie32 - 23-03-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by EllaC - 22-03-2017, 06:48 AM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by bettie32 - 22-03-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: A little more estrogen = more curves? - by Pink.Chiffon - 22-03-2017, 02:36 PM