Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?)

hi missB so sorry you’re dealing with stressful stuff. remember, the most powerful thing you’ve always got is your breath to calm the body. also, i seem to recall a fabulous little maca princess thread. hhmmmm. but really, the first thing i thought of was progesterone depletion. stress can lead to adrenal fatigue. i use pro-gest a couple times/week. it has to be bio-identical  …if it’s synthetic, then, your body can’t make all those other cascaded products from it as it may need  ..only from the bio-identical can it cascade other products. anyway, just thought i’d throw it out there. i’ve gotten in a little bitty habit of buying these little complete protein drinks in a self-contained carton for about $2.50each. they’re really great when you need them. life can be really tough at times. the smarter we get the better our chances of making it through without getting too scathed up. and a little love. also, this is a little weird but i bought some buttermilk today ..haven't tried it yet. it always made me gag but i thought it would be a good fat source when i thought i might need one ..and, i need one. mmmmm. sounds so yuckin yummy.

Quote:re: adrenal fatigue, the adrenals often sequester the progesterone to help make cortisol. The drop in progesterone creates a progesterone-estrogen imbalance.

Quote:The body responds to any stress, either mental or physical, real or perceived, good or bad, in the same way.

The three stress hormones, cortisol, noradrenaline and adrenaline cause...
  • Neurotransmitter levels to drop
  • Hormone levels to drop
  • The immune system to be suppressed
  • Digestion to slow down

…..with the drop in levels of neurotransmitters, particularly GABA, (one of our major calming neurotransmitters) and serotonin (our major 'happy' neurotransmitter) and a drop in progesterone levels

Progesterone has been found to enhance GABA's calming affect and suppress the excitatory glutamate response. The anti anxiety affect is noticed within three to ten minutes, whether injections or topical progesterone had been used as the means of administration.

Progesterone works by activating the GABA receptor sites, GABA is a calming neurotransmitter.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by missboobshirt - 06-01-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by EllaC - 06-01-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by solome - 06-01-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by Lotus - 07-01-2017, 03:28 AM
RE: Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by sweetorange - 07-01-2017, 03:32 AM
RE: Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by missboobshirt - 07-01-2017, 05:55 AM
RE: Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by EllaC - 07-01-2017, 08:15 AM
RE: Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by missboobshirt - 08-01-2017, 04:17 AM
RE: Stress and weight loss, helppp :( (lotus?) - by EllaC - 08-01-2017, 05:38 AM