Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

small breasts and insulin resistance

small breasts and insulin resistance
February 7 2009 at 5:22 PM Linn (Login linn7880)

I have been wondering lately why some women are small breasted. Of course there are many different reasons. I seems like small breasted women have glandular tissue and many can breastfeed, but many do'nt have fat in their breasts. The fat goes to the stomach rather than the breasts.. I wonder if many small breasted are insulin resistant. They do'nt have diabetes but they are very likely to get it later in life. During puberty it's difficult to develope properly, because one has problems with sugar metabolism. The elevated insulin and glucose levels also makes testosterone levels higher and then the booby growth gets difficult. So if you have tendency to put weight on stomach and not hips and thighs the chance you are insulin resitant is high, and you might also have high testosterone levels. Since fenugreek , goat's rue and saw palmetto is well known as breast enlargment herbs it makes sense. Fenugreek and goat's rue helps to decrease glucose levels in the blood, testosterone levels is also reduced and you gets booby growth. So I think avoiding sugar and refined carbs is a good thing to do in this process, especially if you have tendency to put fat on stomach..This was maybe old news but hope it's helpful for somebody.

Lisa
(no login)
Re: small breasts and insulin resistance
February 7 2009, 6:27 PM

But why is it then that so many overweight big breasted women actually GET diabetes, and not skinny ones? I know several ladies with diabetes. None of them fit your description. They all have large breasts and no sign of high testosterone (acne or lots of body hair)...

Panda
(Login itchy_panda)
February 7 2009, 8:43 PM

That sounds like me! I'm very thin and always try to gain weight, but the fat always goes to my stomach. Diabetes does run in the family. I'm hoping that the Saw Palmetto will help me with that. Thank you for posting!

Linn
(Login linn7880)
February 7 2009, 9:48 PM

Hi Lisa!

I think that is because if a person with this tendency keep the weight trough a healthy lifestyle one can avoid diabetes. When you are slim the body accounts insulin better and you more easily keep diabetes away. As you gets older I think women with the tendency to fat gain around stomach compared to women who gets fat on thigs, hips and breasts are much more vulnerable to diabetes.Fat women is much more likely to gets diabets than slim ones. But there is a connection through where the fats tends to settle down.. There is also a connection here with pcos. While many girls with this condition is overweight and got it because of an unhealthy lifestyle quite a few are also thin, they probably have less symptoms and are not so easily diagnosed, but because of insulin resitance and hormonal imbalance they got symtoms and have this syndrom even if they are thin. . It is bad news, but I think if one have this tendency (like me) you better avoid sugar, refined carbs and practice a healthy lifestyle..

Linn
(Login linn7880)
February 7 2009, 9:50 PM

Hi Panda!

I also struggle with this I just started saw palmetto and fenugreek and goat's rue along with vitex.. So we'll see how that goe's ..

Linn
(Login linn7880)
February 7 2009, 9:55 PM

Forgot to mention Lisa, some women with pcos and insulin resitance have big breasts, but they probably also have a big stomach. I guess there are very many different combinations. But I will also say there are many girls with small breasts small hips and tendency to fat gain around stomach. They do'ny have diabetes but they might be insulin resitance which comes before diabetes. It does'nt have to develope to diabetes, but there is a risk..

Rosa
(no login)
February 28 2009, 7:30 AM

This thought came into my mind also.I always thought I had small breast b/c of that is what I just had and never had a problem with it b/c I am attractive and never am treated bad by men for it.Matter of fact they always approach me so insecurity and all that other stuff that comes with many small breasted women never applied to me...however now that I know I have PCOS and insulin resistance and I have been researching about natural herbs to remove pcos I saw many things that made me believe that many slim small breasted pcos women breast are not what they would be if I didn't have this hormone imbalance.Slim women with pcos have high testosterone and that hormone increases metabolism which decreases fat which causes breast growth.Also we lack progesterone which makes breast growth also.People think estrogen is all you need for that and that is far from the truth according to Dr William Wong.According to him progesterone is the main hormone for breast growth.Go to breast:Improving their shape and health by William Wong.He encourages progesterone.Another thing is since we have so much male hormone testosterone blocks adiponectin which causes fat growth which can come to the breast.I have purchased this natural herb Vitex and am on the 2nd month.I am excited to see my pituitary gland get normalized so my female(and male)hormones can be balanced which means I can be healthy inside and out.They say you must wait 3 months to see results but I already had a period 2 months in a row and that NEVER happens to me.My period was not heavy like they usually are.Jan had a period,Feb had one so I am excited to see if I will have one next month.I didn't have tender breast either like I usually do and that was all in the 1 month!

I suffered with acne and I can't wait to see it vanish for good.I believe this is a great herb.About fenugreek yes I heard that increases breast.Basically when our hormones are balanced the breast will natural fill out b/c the reason they have not is b/c our hormones didn't produce like non pcos women but when they are balanced then breast will form to it's rightful size.

BlackDiamond27
(Login BlackDiamond27)
February 28 2009, 8:19 AM

I know what you mean I thought the same thing.I have pcos and insulin resistance.Since I have high testosterone I am slim and testos. decreases fat and fat helps breast growth and since I bought Vitex I am on the 2nd month but already my insides are behaving seriously I am happy.I had 2 periods in a row and that never happens to me.My periods are not heavy anymore already and no breast tenderness happened.It's awesome already.I notice my breast are fuller already and it is only the beginning of the 2nd month they say wait till at least the 3rd month but the Vitex is already working for me.When our hormones are balanced then our breast will grow b/c that is the reason pcos slim women have small breast many times.I am not looking to get bigger breast or anything I am on this to balance my hormones.With them being balanced my beast will probably grow being that my puberty was stunted by PCOS.Progesterone is what makes our breast grow when our hormones are balanced estrogen brings the fat but progesterone does also and it brings the lobules.Dr.William Wong talks about how progesterone is the main reason for breast growth.Go to "Breast:Improving their size,shape and health by William Wong and you will see many info.

SoCal.grl
(Login SoCal.grl)
**SPAMMER ALERT**
March 1 2009, 12:47 AM

BlackDiamond27 (RosaEsHermosa@yahoo.com) is a spammer. She's posted erroneous info along with the book & website she's promoting.

This message has been edited by SoCal.grl on Mar 1, 2009 12:57 AM

vicky
(no login)
small breast and insulin resistance
March 2 2009, 6:33 AM

This sounds like me. 5,4 103 pounds, 22yrs old, HIGH metabolism(frequent heart palpitations), small breast.
I suppose it does not help considering I have been a sugar/chocolate addict before puberty. I tend to get grumpy and faint when I don't get my cookies:0 I suppose the possibility of being prediabetic should be more of an priority then boob growthSad I used to weigh 125-130 at 18-20yrs then lost the weight since then. Can I take a temporary fix and use galactagogues fennel and fenugreek then gain weight in time? Besides funugreek is good for diabetes.

Also If I am able to balance my hormones will just doing that possibly set the stage for breast growth? Do I have to know if I am estrogen deficient/dominant progestrone deficient etc, in order to balance my hormones?

I have been in a real funk lately and get weepy for dumb stuff. This whole boob self conscious problem snuck up on me several weeks ago, I thought I was fine with my size, turns out I can't stop comparing myself to every girl I see, so far I am the smallest yet. I came across this site a week ago, thank you ladies for sharing your individual experiences, some of your words/advice have really helped me cope with my problems.

I will be searching the forum for some of my questions, those spammers seem to be like cockaroaches though. (not referring to u rosa, I don't know too much to make a proper judgment their).

any advice will do! take care ladies.

overinoz
(Login overinoz)
March 2 2009, 6:50 AM

I read Dr. Wong's info & I gained a lot from it, lots of stuff I can apply to my own regime. I thought it was as helpful as Dr. Lee's site

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon