Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] Cortisone therapy

cortisone therapy?
May 13 2005 at 7:42 AM Yopses  (no login)

In pscyhiatry class we came across cortisone therapy for some hermaphrodites who had all the working female gear, nonworking male gear and no breasts. After 6 months of cortisone therapy they grew nice breasts. Just a thought.

I want to personally tell everyone just how important it is to get your hormones checked for imbalances. Everyone seems to think that estrogens will make their breasts grow but really if you are not lacking estrogen your body WILL convert it to testosterone. Not bad for ilibido but awful for breast growth. This can also cause a lot of acne. If you get your hormones checked you can find exactly what you are lacking and make a better, more productive plan from there.

SugarQ
(no login)
Re: cortisone therapy?
March 7 2006, 6:07 PM

it has always wondered what was going on to make these individuals grow with cortisol supplimentation. what do you think?

i was originally thinking cause they had male parts then maybe these women had excess testosterone. cortisol actually is suppose to increase aromatase and convert testosterone into estrogen? that just a thought. so if there are any females with a huge excess in testosteorne maybe talking to your docs about cortisol therapy may help.

i have cronic fatigue which is usually a sign of low cortisol. so i will be doing taking some suppliment to correct that. maybe i could end up growing breasts.lol. then i wouldnt need to save up for my routine anymore.

Steph
(no login)
Me and my 3 months vs you and ur 5 YEARS...lol
March 8 2006, 4:36 AM

I think ur a bit ahead of us in the hormonal balance and function arena lol,but...Cortisone is a "steroid" hormone thats atleast partly (or more) responsible for helping our bodies block histimines,hence why I was asking in an older thread if any of u members suffered from allergy,dermatitis,asthma ect ect,I always thought (even before learning BE)that those would be the primary symptoms of LOW cortisone production,am I way off on that one?? And re Cortisol,isnt that a "stress" hormone?? I never thought of Cortisol being linked to NBE except in the "fat storage" sense of it however I also thought it would increase fat EVERYWHERE,especially in the mid-section of the body.I dunno,all random info from a head full of new and varying OVERLOAD lol!

SugarQ
(no login)
March 8 2006, 5:08 AM

Cortisol and how it stores and directs fat depends on the level range. having too low levels causes excess low fat deposites low and higher testosterone levels (body builders love that and work to keep cortisol as low as possible). Having too high can cause high estrogen levels (but it takes a long while) and estrogen stores fat everywhere. but this takes time. im just trying to show that the solution to NBE isnt always increase estrogen drop testosterone. if you have an inbalace some where it could be becuase something else is too low or too high. im just really interested in how all these hormones are connected. it really does show that there is an element of balance that really much be achieved for success with NBE.

Beryl
(no login)
March 8 2006, 5:29 AM

A friend of mine had cortisone therapy and got a big belly but not big breasts.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon