Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Estrogen

estrogen
June 5 2005 at 5:46 PM Lara (no login)
Has anyone ever tried using estrogen pills for breast enlargement?

candy
(no login)
Re: estrogen
February 9 2006, 12:54 PM

i went on the contraception injection a few years ago, i was having a few problems getting use to it so my doctor gave me 2 weeks worth of estrogen tablets, which helped me. my boobs really ached while taking them and i know i grew, but as soon as i stopped taking them the growth went.

Anonymous
(no login)
February 9 2006, 1:36 PM

Woman have tried this and it proved to have some nasty side effects and not regarded as a safer or more productive method to induce breast growth.

SugarQ
(no login)
February 9 2006, 2:51 PM

the problem with using prescription drugs (estradiol) for NBE is that 1) the breast enlargement that may results is considered a rare side effect. the higher the dosages the more likely it will help with enlargement but its still a rare side effect, and the more you raise the dosages the more you increase your risks of stuff like cancers and ovarian troubles etc. the risks are more likely to haven then breast enlargement. the second reason estrogen isnt a good candidate is that the growth is temerarly if you take it for a short amont of time. you need the estrogen for years to get perminant growth but the problem is that the longer us you it the higher your risks rise. on BOBs forum there were some women using estradiol (the strongest prescription estrogen and the one most responsible for breast growth) non of them grew, most of them had very scary lumps in their breasts, their menstral cycles were completly off and they had painful and extremly heavy flows and some had to go to the doctor. A doctor in his right mind you not give a woman estradiol for breast enlargement because the risks completly out way the rewards. estradiol is ment for women who are low in estrogen and even they have to take safty precausions to reduce their risks. estadiol is ment for women with severly low levels and men who want to become women. these people have the greatest chance of experiencing growth with estradiol. if you have fairly normal estrogen levels then its unlikely the estadiol will be as effective for you and the dangers are greater.

Why plant estrogen and not real estrogen?
May 5 2005 at 3:57 PM Liz (no login)
I saw on a programme once (so it might not be true) that a male transexual was taking estrogen to grow real breasts. If this is the case then does anyone know why women can't do the same, as surely this would be more effective than taking the plant estrogens that are contained in breast enlargement pills? Cheers Liz.

Yvette
(no login)
Re: Why plant estrogen and not real estrogen?
May 6 2005, 9:48 AM

It has been tried on women but does not work. Unfortunately I can't remember the reason why. Someone else visiting here will probably post a full explanation eventually. Taking estrogen is dangerous anyway and you would not get it prescribed by a doctor for that purpose. YOur chances of getting a doctor to give you real estrogen are zero, even if it worked.

Anonymous
(no login)
May 7 2005, 4:54 PM

Cheers for your comments. Liz.

rona
(no login)
May 20 2005, 10:56 AM

Think it could be because men don’t produce progesterone which can cancel out the oestrogen. I think it is the same for girls going through puberty before progesterone kicks in.

If there are any doctors out there who would like to put us straight on this point it would be good to here from you,

Thanks

Rona

charmaine
(no login)
May 20 2005, 12:16 PM

I asked my doctor about this a while back and was informed it wasn't possible and I couldn't be prescribed estrogen.

I was told the amount of estrogen I was getting in my birth control pill was the maximum amount of estrogen a doctor could give me.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon