Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

prolactin levels and breast enlargement

prolactin levels and breast enlargement
September 17 2008 at 9:18 PM tammera (Login breastsgettingbigger)
Hi I was wondering what my chances r with this. I have to take a prescription drug that happens to increase dopamine levels which in turn lowers my prolactin levels. If all these fenugreek and piturary stuff is supposed to be affecting the milk lobules...and my meds are counteracting...does anyone think I have a shot at this. I feel stuff going on inside my boobs sometimes..

Prolactin levels have a huge role to play yes or no.

thanks..any info would be great

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: prolactin levels and breast enlargement
September 17 2008, 9:50 PM

Yes prolactin is important in NBE, but I think it's very hard to say what the effect of this drug would be on NBE, because it matters WHERE a certain effect takes place. If your prolactin levels drop only inside your brain that shouldn't affect your breasts.

llll
(no login)
September 19 2008, 12:28 AM

I read about a woman on 60mg of antidepressants who experienced breast enlargement - sorry, I really can't be arsed to google it - but it's there somewhere, she was menopausal or something.

Charity
(no login)
September 19 2008, 8:15 PM

Prolactin seems a very confusing subject to me. The only thing I'm sure about is that it's key in breast growth.

BE Herbs and Prolactin: Please Reply
July 30 2009 at 6:57 AM Flutterby (no login)
Hello

I have read all the newbie pages and done tons of research on various herbs now. But I still have ONE BASIC question - how do these herbs work on breast tissue?

Basically the breast consists mostly of milk glands, fat tissue, connective tissue, and collagen. I am also aware that every woman has pretty much the same number of milk glands.

So, do the BE herbs increase the size of the milk glands OR increase the adipose (fat) tissue deposits? If BE herbs expand the milk glands, won't prolactin levels increase? Has anyone checked their prolactin level during or after their BE program? Has anyone experienced menstrual problems due to such prolactin increase?

I ask these questions because I already have excess prolactin due to PCOS. I CANNOT take any herbs that will increase prolactin. I want to take saw palmetto and fenugreek, both of which are also good for PCOS, but I found many sites which suggest these 2 herbs to increase prolactin and lactation. My only other option seems to be vitex in large doses (to reduce prolactin) but this will inhibit BE. Needless to say I am very FRUSTRATED.

Is there a win-win situation - reduce prolactin and BE? I hope some of you will offer good suggestions.

Thank you for listening

In case you ask: I am taking metformin for PCOS. It hasn't reduced prolactin levels so far, but my boobs shrunk by about 2 inches, and I don't know why. I am an A-B cup size right now.

Respond to this message
Author Reply
anonymous
(no login)
Re: BE Herbs and Prolactin: Please Reply
July 31 2009, 6:24 PM

Vitex does not necessarily inhibit nbe but it does lower prolactin and raise progesterone. And higer progesterone does increase size supposedly. Prolactin is not the only growth factor. You can try vitex, boobie foods, and collagen building supplements. Also add daily massagees and breast exercises. These combined should help with fullness.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: BE Herbs and Prolactin: Please Reply
August 1 2009, 1:11 PM

Hi Flutterby,

Anonymous made a great post. There are plenty of NBE routes that don't use herbs as their basis. For another example, suction methods also are a good choice.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Vitex user
(no login)
Vitex can raise prolactin
October 18 2009 at 3:57 AM

Hey ladies I read online that low dose vitex does not lower but promotes prolactin. I've started breaking my 500mg capsule into three doess taking one dose a day. Will let u know progress. I also massage daily, take msm, and eat soy.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: Vitex can raise prolactin
October 20 2009, 3:09 PM

Really? Never heard this one before. But 500 mg of vitex might not be considered such a low dose since lots of people take 800 mg as a standard dose. People who don't have progesterone defficiency didn't do very well on vitex precisely because of prolactin inhibiting action of vitex. I took 800 mg for 4 months and lost 2 cm. But do keep us poste how it goes for you.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: Vitex can raise prolactin
October 21 2009, 4:18 AM

Hi Vitex User,

I read that low dosages of vitex did stimulate milk production - but I am not sure the mechanism of action was an increase in prolactin. Do you have a link to the study you read?

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Vitex user
(no login)
response
October 23 2009, 2:14 AM

http://www.diagnose-me.com/treat/T165243.html

it says that 120mg will raise prolactin, higher doses will lower. I've been doing this for the past wk or so. I just finished my cycle and while i've lost the pre period fullness I've maintained more than what I had been before nbe - minimal fullness. But I also added about 5 days ago, one fenugrk a day, and a liver cleanse that just found out contains milk thisle among other ingredients. plus borage oil. nothing spectacular but still waiting. may need to lower my vitex dose down from 166 to 125

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon