Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Did collagen or gelatin help your NBE?

Question to fearycat about marine collagen
February 27 2007 at 1:26 AM melosh (Login melosh)
Hi fearycat, thanks for the link for marine collagen. Before I go ahead and order it from UK( I`m in US) I wanted to ask you if you really got results and what kind of results did you get? Did your wrinkles really begin to dissapear? Do you think it`s really worth trying? I`m 34 and beginning to get some lines around my mouth and the few lines that I have under my eyes even though not very deep yet are getting deeper every month. I think I remember you saying it moistened your skin. It may not be a good idea for me if it does that cause I have oily skin and more moisture may mean more acne for me. Thanks for your time.

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
Re: Question to fearycat about marine collagen
February 27 2007, 9:11 AM

Hi melosh,

Firstly, it will take about 6 months to start seeing the real benefits of marine collagen. I started in January and YES, am already noticing a difference, as are everyone who knows me as they are all commenting on how young I'm looking......so it is still early days for me yet the results are showing :-)

The woman in my local healthfood shop has used it for a year and as she raves about its benefits. She looks amazing too.

The first thing is does is plump out the eye areas, so you get much youthful eyes with no bags or shadows or anything. It also plumps out the lips again....and yes, it has removed almost all of my naso labial lines and all so soon :-)Can't wait to see what will come next.

My boobs are feeling much more meaty too, feels like there's gel bags in them and they were never like that before.

I'm almost certain I didn't say it moistened the skin. It doesn't do that. It works from the inside out.......taken on an empty stomach before bed with a good dosage of ester C. Have just upped my ester C to 1000mg. You will also get wonderful sleeps and dreams after taking it :-)

Now any doubters who say that this cannot work, think again. Every single thing ingested by the body, be it medication, herbs, food, water, fats etc.....has an effect on the body. But I feel that when one is trying to achieve a specific thing, then it helps things along by targeting the areas in question, both inside and out.

I have been using Skinceuticals Serum 20 on my face and breasts too.

- Formulated at the precise concentration proven to deliver maximum amounts of vitamin C to the skin, Serum 20 is now formulated with AOX+ advanced antioxidant technology, combining ferulic acid with 20% L-ascorbic acid to enhance antioxidant performance. Designed to restore and protect healthy looking skin, this lightweight and fast-absorbing serum neutralizes free radicals, defends against environmental damage, and helps prevent premature signs of aging.

AOX+ advanced antioxidant technology - combines ferulic acid with L-ascorbic acid to enhance antioxidant performance

Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, neutralizes free radicals, defends against environmental damage, and stimulates collagen synthesis

Using Duke-patented vitamin C technology, delivers 20% L-ascorbic acid to the skin - highest level effectively absorbed

Once absorbed, can't be washed or rubbed off, remaining effective for a minimum of 72 hours - an excellent addition to sunscreens
Ideal for normal or oily skin

http://www.skinceuticals.com/productItem...oductID=21#

After I rub in the serum, I seal both areas with Vitamin E. I just prick a capsule and rub it in.

So basically you are fighting the ageing process from every angle. You must be patient though. Eat well, sleep well, drink plenty water and take exercise in the fresh air.

Good luck. Any more questions, then just ask.

Love

=^_^= x

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
February 27 2007, 11:04 AM

I have been using hyaluronic acid and collagen capsules since November, and my skin hasn't been dry all winter. I started taking it in November. I have nice skin in the warmer months, but my winter skin is so dry no matter how much lotion I use. Normally when I take off my dark socks, I can see skin flakes from my legs being so dry, but not this winter, even on days I don't have time for lotion. I don't care what anyone says, it does truly work from the inside out. I am starting to see fine lines, and was hoping that this would reverse them, but so far it has not made any difference.

The collagen in mine is from chickens I think, so I might give marine collagen a try. I think it is the hyaluronic acid that is keeping my skin from drying out, so I could take both separately. Thanks fearycat, you are full of good ideas! -- Sissy

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
February 27 2007, 12:54 PM

well as we discovered a while ago im on BO collagen, and have been since Jan, i usually have little scarrs on my face from chicken pox and spot picking but they seem to be less visible-Im not disfigured iv got a lovely face-lol
And i think in general i look quite glowy, i dont get dry skin on my legs after shaving them like i used to and again all the bad break outs i was getting on WU have all gone.
So i feel its working a treat-regards to the boobs-i am well meaty, heavy n happy at the moment
I massage with sbc collagen gel shea butter and borage oil-and again im happy as can be at pres, just hope its more growth than plumpage!!

but i would recco collogen to all

lydia
(Login Lydia1981)
February 27 2007, 3:42 PM

Wow, this collagen is really starting to interest me! faery's posts always fill me with excitement, first the vitex and now this: )

Since i had lost lots of weight fast, apart from loosing my boobs, i also lost my face! i have a very thin face now, my cheeks have disappeared and the under eyes seem to be drooping. it's like my face lost all its youthfullness in few monthsSad

Finally this last month i seem to be putting back the weight on. but my boobs and face did not plump back upSad The only thing that is making me hesitate is that i'm still only 25. so im thinking, if at 25 i already put collagen in my body, what shall i be putting at 50?? : ))

Mayb i will wait to see if I gain back some fat in my faceSmile) but if i don't, I will be ordering collagen supplements too!

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
Face
February 27 2007, 3:48 PM

As womenr our faces generally do change and get more angular as we get older...my mom (who was a beautician for many years) Told me once that there will be several times I will have to "readjust" to how my face looks, as it changes.
That aside, I am using collagen (I am 35)and have noticed some differences from it, especially on my neck.

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
February 27 2007, 5:26 PM

25 is not too young to start taking collagen. The body slows down its collagen production from the age of 25. Only wish I'd known about it back then. I really feel it would help to plump out your face again Lydia and would be worth a go.

GingerD, I know exactly what you mean about it filling out chicken pox marks as it is doing the same for me too :-)

Best wishes to all who try it. I recommend it highly to all :-)

x

Anonymous
(Login gingerD)
February 27 2007, 8:46 PM

im 23-
But i thnk prevention is better than the cure, but yr right i cant imagine all the things il be taking at 50-lol

melosh
(Login melosh)
February 28 2007, 4:13 AM

Thank you very much girls for all the info. Really appreciate it. Thanks.

Teresina
(Login Teresina)
March 7 2007, 1:07 AM

Hi,

I'm very interesting in trying this stuff. Does anyone know exactly what marine collagen supplements contain, as in what it's made from? Is it some form of algae? I still cannot locate it in the U.S. and am curious about why it doesn't seem to be available here.

Thanks!

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
March 7 2007, 10:16 AM

Different brands contain different things. Have just ran a search on a few and this is what is says. The ingredients follow each link -

http://www.vitaliberata.com/dsp_product_...lagen.html

coral and seaweed

http://www.zlabs.us/remaco.html

tuna fish

http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/ho...82027.html

shark skin

http://www.nutriteck.com/sunyataspa.html

Whey protein isolate and colostrum immune factors, germinated biological spelt and kamut seeds, food grade marine collagen, plant and vegetable extracts, minerals and micro-nutrients, digestive enzymes and live yogurt type cultures, acerola-a vitamin-c source, enzymes, organic chromium, selenium and zinc.

So it will depend on which brand you decide to go for. Am sure there has got to be many other options.

Love

=^_^= x

Anonymous
(Login Teresina)
March 8 2007, 10:43 PM

Thank you, Faerycat! For some reason, I had a ton of trouble finding the ingredients through a Google search -- kept getting products that simply said 100% marine collagen. That helps a lot, and I'm glad to see that there's a coral & seaweed version. Will probably try that one, as I'm not comfortable with the shark skin.

Thanks again. Smile

jennie
(no login)
re. marine collagen
March 9 2007, 2:45 AM

So there are different kinds of marine collagen. It's more complex than I thought then.

question about how collagen works
February 6 2007 at 12:20 AM madison (Login littlemadison)
Doesn't collagen just use extra water stored in your body to make you look plumper? They use collagen in lip plumping glosses (like LipFusion) and it says that it takes water from your body and pulls it to that area to plump it up. That would also explain how your wrinkles may dissapear while using a face cream with collagen in it... So if you use it on your breasts, I can see how it would make them seem fuller, but the results wouldn't last, would they?

x madison

Nice tough guy
(no login)
Re: question about how collagen works
February 6 2007, 3:41 AM

Skin, tendons and ligaments are made from collagen.
Breasts are held in place by skin and tendons.
So if you take a gelatin/collagen supplement it has
the correct nutrients to feed your body parts made
from collagen. Also healthy collagen holds more water
making it stronger and plumper.
So by tightening your skin and tendons it should lift
and firm your breasts and make them look more full at
the top.
Gelatine/collagen supplements are excellent for your joints
in your body especially for sports people.
It is a must, that you take it with a good quantity of vitamin C.

Nancy
(no login)
Re: question about how collagen works
February 9 2007, 5:06 PM

I'm sure collagen is good for the appearance of breasts, and for their health too, but I'm not sure how it would contribute to breast growth.

Why is collagen good for NBE?
May 30 2009 at 6:08 PM roakie (Login roakie)
I don't understand how chicken feet soup and the collagen it contains helps to grow breast tissue. I understand that it is beneficial for joints, but everything I research concerning collagen and the breast has to do with scar formation and fibrous tumors with no reference to its help in forming fat or new tissue.

We are trying to grown fatty tissue, right? I just don't get it, though I have been consuming thick collagen from chicken feet soup for over a month now (no results!)

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
Re: Why is collagen good for NBE?
May 30 2009, 6:17 PM

Hello.

There are also connective tissue issues to deal with in addition to the fat. Cooper's ligaments, for example, are necessary for support and to give the breast its shape.

New blood vessels also form to support the new tissue/fat. As for the skin issues, nobody wants stretch marks, but another issue is the thickness of the skin layer. Think of filling a balloon full of water. As it gets bigger, the skin stretches but also becomes thinner. This also results in a change of shape of the balloon.

Wahaika

Charity
(no login)
Re: Why is collagen good for NBE?
May 31 2009, 10:37 PM

It’s the "glue" that holds the body together.

Collagen and gelatin get mentioned in the same breath. That’s because gelatin is derived from collagen.

Collagen Rich Foods instead?
March 28 2009 at 12:34 AM
lenas00 (Login lenas00)
Hi girls, quick question...Apparently chicken feet are high in collagen.
Now the question is...instead of chicken feet soup,
can you eat collagen rich foods and use collagen cream
during your massage? What do you think?

S.B.
(Login ShyBoobs)
I'm on the same page...
April 14 2009, 5:57 PM

I'm surprised nobody answered this. But yeah, with all the popularity of chicken feet soup, I too noticed that collagen is the main reason people are eating it. Now, since I live with others, I'm not gonna go out and buy it. So as an alternative, I was thinking that maybe I should just get collagen supplements. Hopefully it's just as effective.

Lena, how's it going by the way?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: Collagen Rich Foods instead?
April 14 2009, 9:09 PM

I thoguht it was gelatin. But gelatin is a brakdown product of collagen, if I'm not mistaking. Thing is, I don't think there are many collagen/gelatin rich foods. Chicken feet, pig's tail and such. You can easily get gelatin in powder tho, I've just added it to my routine, I warm it up and mix it into yoghurt. But I'm not sure about the ammount. One bag is 10 grams. I started with half a bag but I think that's way too little. Daily intake of protein should be arround 70 grams.

Interestingly I read just now that soy contains a compound which stimulates collagen production in the body. No wonder the asian NBE recipies combine soy and chicken feet soup. Vitamin C also stimulates collagen production in the body.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
April 14 2009, 9:15 PM

I doubt collagen cream would be beneficial tho as collagen is a much too large molecule to penetrate the skin.

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl)
April 15 2009, 12:00 AM

Moon, you are saying that soy stimulates collagen? Hmm interesting. I have read on here that lots of girls are drinking soy. I just bought some this past weekend(light choco soy) and found it to be quite good. I actually enjoyed it. i have considered buying protein powder to mix with it since it is my understanding that this will assist with NBE(on some)....

It's definitly better than the chicken feet thing...the idea just turns my stomach. Cheers to those of you who can eat it. Chicken or turkey on the bone just grosses me out(goes back to anatomy class in high school).

Laisegirl

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl)
April 15 2009, 12:05 AM

Hey Moon, where can you get the geletin powder? I have only seen if in the baking section at the store and it wasn't powder form.

LaReve
(Login LaReve)
April 15 2009, 12:07 AM

MSM also stimulates collagen in the body and it is an easy supplement to find these days. I am just not exactly sure how much to take for NBE purposes. I'm currently taking 2000 mg a day, I think some other gals are taking way more than that.

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
April 15 2009, 12:12 AM

^ Yes.. I would be one of them. I took 500 mg of MSM to start with, gradually built up to 10 000 mg to remove toxins, then now doing 8000 mg as maintenance. I'm doing this purely for health reasons though.

Geez I had no idea all the healthy things I'm doing for health reasons is actually beneficial for NBE, leads me to believe that your breasts are highly intelligent as is any other cell in your body.

It's like it's saying "Listen Mama, all that Sh*t you ate last night made us really unhappy, so guess what, we're just not gonna grow to show you how messed up you are. Start eating healthy and we might forgive you and award you in return".

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl)
April 15 2009, 12:24 AM

Damn double_ace...is that what my boobs have been saying to me all these years?????? No wonder they didn't grow. Well, they should have spoken up and in a language I could understand!!!! LOL

Sandra
(Login SandraDD)
April 15 2009, 1:34 AM

HAHAHA that's hilarious but i think very true! (Breasts telling us to be healthy)

Pork shranks are high in collagen, but also high in fat.

I know that sea bass is very high in collagen. I read in one thread on another forum where a Chinese women tried dif things, chicken feet, pork shranks, etc, but they all made her gain weight before gaining boobs, so in the end after many trials and erros, she started drinking green papaya sea bass soup, which is something i've been drinking. (She went from A to D). I think it's a good source of protein, nutrients, and collagen and it's low in fat.
I'm just starting to get sick of eating it a few days a week. I'm a very bad cook so the taste is really insipid, so i'm happy to add chicken feet soup to my menu.

I also started taking collagen supplements. You can take 10grams of collangen a day, which is very high as many products contain only 1g or 500mg.

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
April 15 2009, 2:34 AM

I have been here for a few months, so sorry if this is a dumb questions, but what does MSM stand for??

S.B.
(Login ShyBoobs)
April 15 2009, 3:45 AM

Wow. I just posted my response today (well, technically yesterday) and it's already got so many replies.

Moon, yeah I read about that somewhere about gelatin being a breakdown of collagen. I had went ahead and purchased hydrolyzed collagen caps online since I read about it being easier for the body to digest or something along those lines. Guessin' hydro collagen is the same as gelatin right? We see how everything goes a few days into taking 'em.

Thanx all for the info! ^_^

LaReve
(Login LaReve)
April 15 2009, 3:59 PM

Corinsa, MSM stands for Methylsulfonylmethane. I know it sounds like some freakish toxic chemical, but it's not! It's a very common supplement for people with joint issues. You can buy it anywhere, and it will say MSM on the bottle. Apparently the powder form is best to take.

:-)

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
April 15 2009, 8:46 PM

Thanks LaReve!!!

lenas00
(Login lenas00)
April 17 2009, 12:22 AM

Whoa! Thank you Shy Boobs for keeping this post alive!
(I was surprised that no one responded earlier on this topic too! Smile )

Thank you to everyone for their responses and all the wonderful info!

While doing some research on this topic I came across this website...
Maybe someone here can also find this helpful during their NBE.

Thank you again!

http://www.wisegeek.com/which-foods-cont...llagen.htm

32dds
(Login natural32dds)
May 15 2009, 1:47 PM

Also, oxtail is rich in gelatin/collagen.

But I think chicken feet has a higher content. I ate chicken feet soup right after doing a quick 2 minute massage (because I was in the bathroom at my gramdmas house!) then immediately after eating the CFS I started to feel tingles in my breast.

I remember Fawn saying that tingles are a sign of growth, so it means it is working. Then I measured a few days later and I was 1/2 inch bigger!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon