Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Need help with questions on progesterone cream

Hey everyone, just wondering what your take is on progesterone cream?

I don't have a lot of time at the moment for a discussion, so I'll give you a quick run down of my situation and then check back after work today.

I've started an NBE routine focused on balancing hormones rather than adding estrogen, and I just received my order of natural progesterone cream from Amazon. This morning while googling to double check dosages, I came across some pretty disturbing info about how prog. builds up in your fat cells and causes long term problems. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the risk and whether I should see if I can return it.

I have been using milk thistle orally and that has had some effect on me already (sore nipples and fuller feeling breasts even though they don't yet look rounder) and I just received my Maca root powder that I am going to add to my program as well.

What are your experiences with natural prog. cream and in your opinion would I be better off sticking to the milk thistle and Maca and foregoing the prog. cream altogether to avoid the risks?

Thanks so much, I appreciate any help and opinions Smile

P.S. I am also taking a few other supplements: Zinc, Folic acid, and using wild yam and red clover extract topically with massage twice a day.

(07-11-2015, 06:27 PM)Alliecat Wrote:  Hey everyone, just wondering what your take is on progesterone cream?

I don't have a lot of time at the moment for a discussion, so I'll give you a quick run down of my situation and then check back after work today.

I've started an NBE routine focused on balancing hormones rather than adding estrogen, and I just received my order of natural progesterone cream from Amazon. This morning while googling to double check dosages, I came across some pretty disturbing info about how prog. builds up in your fat cells and causes long term problems. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the risk and whether I should see if I can return it.

I have been using milk thistle orally and that has had some effect on me already (sore nipples and fuller feeling breasts even though they don't yet look rounder) and I just received my Maca root powder that I am going to add to my program as well.

What are your experiences with natural prog. cream and in your opinion would I be better off sticking to the milk thistle and Maca and foregoing the prog. cream altogether to avoid the risks?

Thanks so much, I appreciate any help and opinions Smile

P.S. I am also taking a few other supplements: Zinc, Folic acid, and using wild yam and red clover extract topically with massage twice a day.
Everybody is different.
My personal experience with pc cream , proper bioidentical stuff too.
Shortness of breath at night (not constant but enough to be scary), not difference in boobs whatsoever, one of the heaviest bleeding days on my next cycle ive ever had. Wont touch it again. Also read it can build up and take many months to clear out of system.

Low dose vitex much more balancing for me.

Milk thistle is apparently estrogenic in nature I have read. But its the one top herb they all say helps the liver do its thing so Id "suspect" taking it can do no harm, my experience with milk thistle is only liver cleansing and no hormonal influence I was aware of but if the liver detoxs excess estrogen even if it is a potential source of one id still go for milk thistle.

Be very wary of synthetic isolated folic acid supplements, google and you will see why. Id go for folate in a wholefood source multi.

Maca can be strong for some too, but I think less so than pc as with vitex . These are my opinions only, I'm sure others can guide you to their experiences.

The first step I was told every time I went into a vitamin shop and said I wanted to balance my hormones was, they suggested vitamins that support the hormone system, like b vitamens and fatty acids etc. Next they'd said is the likes of vitex, but that depends on symptons etc.
Good luck.

Thanks for weighing in ellacraig. I'll do some googling on the folic acid. I've never heard of vitex either so I'll have to check that out.

I chose the Maca partially because when I looked up the chemical composition, there were fatty acids present as well as some other minerals that I suspect I'm definicient in because of my symptoms. It also is supposed to have some B2, B6 and C which I've read are needed for tissue growth. I am starting off with small amounts of it to be safe.

I read about shortness of breath as one of the complications from progesterone cream, which scares me because I am prone to panic attacks and they usually begin with feeling like I am having trouble breathing. I wish I had done a little more research on it before I ordered it. I think I am going to try to return it after all.

I suspect that imbalances all around are my problem which is why I started with milk thistle, after having no results at all with the different programs I've tried that are focused on estrogen. I have always had poor absorption due to digestive problems since childhood, so I'm hoping that if I can balance everything out with fatty acids and vitamins then maybe I can actually see some growth. One thing I've read on milk thistle is because of it's support for the liver it can clear out the extra estrogen and allow my body's progesterone to naturally balance itself out, which is part of why I think it seems to be working for me.

This whole process has been trial and error, or rather trial and no results for me so here's hoping that I may have finally figured out the cause and can get everything on track. I already eat a healthy diet with lots of vegetable and greens so it's frustrating to say the least when I read things that say eating healthy and proper sleep will grow my breasts on its own. If it were just that easy I should have gorgeous voluptuous breasts by now lol.

That's right about milk tHistle and I've just started low dose pm so freaked about excess e. So thank you! Il start up on milk thistle too.
I think it could go either way trying PC if your probe to anxiety as I am. The up side you can start well below rdi they suggest.

I find maca calming but again when I up to two pills again wth the heart palps and anxiety.

I personally think low dose maca consumed the way it was traditionally is the best call.

Vitex is chasteberry. Lots of info online.

But yes do research folic acid if your taking it as an isolated vitamin. The latest info has really made me rethink any synthetic supplements. You need whole food based with co factors not isolates.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon