Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Taking The Serious Plunge

After several months of using PM and SP with little significant results I finally came out to my Psychologist, Psychiatrist, and General Practitioner within the Veterans Administration. To my surprise, they all have been extremely supportive and have cleared me to receive HRT. All I have to do now is wait on the Endocrinologist to schedule an appointment to see how he/she wants to treat me. I am so grateful that the VA has adopted this new policy to help us Transgender patients receive medical treatment.

I have been so reluctant to seek help because I thought it would be taboo within the VA. Again, to my surprise all of them have made it extremely comfortable for me. I am posting this to encourage other veterans to check out getting these benefits as well. Everyone that has been involved has treated me with dignity and respect.

Kindest regards,

KellyT

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Xo, Soli

Well it happened this morning and I am officially considered a transgender patient within the VA medical system. I saw two endocrinologist at a regional medical center and they prescribed me estradiol transdermal with spironolactone for my GID. Now between us girls I don't consider myself having any dysphoria. I just have a mind that computes as female. And, it is a wonderful place to be.

I am both excited and anxious to see how prescribed medications work for me. As I stated earlier, PM and SP was just not working for me. So, I plan to keep all of you posted as to how this shakes out.

This board is full of success stories and provides a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to many of you I am a better educated person that shares a journey that we all have been destined to take.

With this said, thanks to all of you for making this board a special place in my daily world!

Kindest regards,

KellyT

That is awesome news!

I am too finding PM and SP to be very very slow, starting to think it is the SP making it that way.

Anywho, great news for you! Made me happy. Maybe in 16 years, I will start that myself Big Grin

Jessica,

At your current dose it may be that you could be estrogen dominate........... From what I have read on here that may cause growth issues. My endocrinologist told me today that more is not better. He stated that sometimes higher doses work against you as well as being unsafe.

He told me it would be very important for me to follow his guidelines and that he would see me every 90 days to adjust my medication accordingly. He said that his goal was to see me obtain breast growth and that if I followed his plan we would strive to get those results. But, by all means to give it time and to follow the plan laid out for me. He made it clear that his first concern was for my health and that the breast growth would come in time.

KellyT

Yes, that is why as of next week I will start cycling to give my body a break from it all and let hormones start to go back to normal.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon