Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Has anyone had progress with soy?

Ella, I believe the soy in Japan is non GMO and I don't think they drink soy milk. They rather eat Natto (fermented soybeans).

Iwantboobs34, I really don't know if the papaya will help, sorry.

Please be very careful with Soy. When it first came out I bought into all of the hype and was all over soy. What no one will tell you is that unfermented soy can cause damage to your thyroid gland and cause you to become hypothyroid. Your breasts may get larger when you have gained an extra 40-50 lbs you can't take off. Sad

Fermented soy does not have the same damaging effects as unfermented. Just google it. I am sure you will find lots of info pro/con. Years ago, I heard they were having a great deal of success with hypnotism until breast implants came out. Everything else fell to the way side.

How old are you? And how are the women in your family built? When my daughter was in her early-mid 20's she kept wanting a boob job. All of the women in our family are well endowed. I told her to wait. She waited and now has plenty with some extra. There is a chance your size is related to your age, weight, and genetics.

(02-03-2015, 12:28 AM)peggy Wrote:  Ella, I believe the soy in Japan is non GMO and I don't think they drink soy milk. They rather eat Natto (fermented soybeans).

I was going to mention the GMO issue. Most soy here in the states is GMO so I avoid it like the plague! We have a sushi restaurant here in town that imports the edamame from Japan to ensure it is GMO free. That's the only place I eat it now.

(12-03-2015, 08:34 PM)Wishin Wrote:  
(02-03-2015, 12:28 AM)peggy Wrote:  Ella, I believe the soy in Japan is non GMO and I don't think they drink soy milk. They rather eat Natto (fermented soybeans).

I was going to mention the GMO issue. Most soy here in the states is GMO so I avoid it like the plague! We have a sushi restaurant here in town that imports the edamame from Japan to ensure it is GMO free. That's the only place I eat it now.
So it seems that organic non gmo miso should be ok?
I wonder the same of soy milk that is made from organic non gmo soybeans..

That's what I find really frustrating is that all the hype about soy 'may' just relate to gmo soy and soy isolates not the honest to goodness fermented soy? Correct me if im wrong but it feels like all soy has been lumped into the one category.

Miso that's done right I believe is very good for health. I take some periodically and erring on the side of caution I wont take it daily but for someone who needs the nutrition and the added benefit of fermented foods I hope it doesn't >>>k up my thyroid..

Of course no one knows for certain, but I do believe GMOs are the reason for mixed results on soy studies. Ever notice one will say it helps prevent cancer and one will say it causes cancer? I truly think this due to them studying the GMO vs non without breaking them out separately. I can't say about the thyroid issues, but if you are taking soy (and yes, I think Miso is awesome for us!) definitely make sure it's organic / non gmo. I wish I could find more here.

(13-03-2015, 06:31 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

That's what I find really frustrating is that all the hype about soy 'may' just relate to gmo soy and soy isolates not the honest to goodness fermented soy? Correct me if im wrong but it feels like all soy has been lumped into the one category.

Miso that's done right I believe is very good for health. I take some periodically and erring on the side of caution I wont take it daily but for someone who needs the nutrition and the added benefit of fermented foods I hope it doesn't >>>k up my thyroid..

(13-03-2015, 04:46 PM)Wishin Wrote:  Of course no one knows for certain, but I do believe GMOs are the reason for mixed results on soy studies. Ever notice one will say it helps prevent cancer and one will say it causes cancer? I truly think this due to them studying the GMO vs non without breaking them out separately. I can't say about the thyroid issues, but if you are taking soy (and yes, I think Miso is awesome for us!) definitely make sure it's organic / non gmo. I wish I could find more here.

(13-03-2015, 06:31 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

And most of our immune system is in our gut, so fermented foods is good for the gut and I detest most fermented food, but for some reason I really like organic miso, I think its the saltiness that appeals.
I read this book where it studies pockets around the world where the most centaurians live and you guessed it, many places around Japan held the titles and they all consumed fermented soy. Now they also consumed a lot of seafood so would be getting a lot of iodine, so I think that may be where soy fails, people consume the wrong soy and may not be offsetting it too with sufficient iodine so if soy does in fact affect the thyroid that may be why. So il continue with the miso sparingly and also supplement with iodine to be safe.

The only thing I can add is that my daughter was told by her doctor not to use or drink too much soy as it will screw with estrogen levels.

LOL Imagine that, a real doctor admitting things about soy.

(11-03-2015, 08:09 PM)Cdsgoddess Wrote:  Please be very careful with Soy. When it first came out I bought into all of the hype and was all over soy. What no one will tell you is that unfermented soy can cause damage to your thyroid gland and cause you to become hypothyroid. Your breasts may get larger when you have gained an extra 40-50 lbs you can't take off. Sad

Fermented soy does not have the same damaging effects as unfermented. Just google it. I am sure you will find lots of info pro/con. Years ago, I heard they were having a great deal of success with hypnotism until breast implants came out. Everything else fell to the way side.

How old are you? And how are the women in your family built? When my daughter was in her early-mid 20's she kept wanting a boob job. All of the women in our family are well endowed. I told her to wait. She waited and now has plenty with some extra. There is a chance your size is related to your age, weight, and genetics.

I am limiting my soy intake and I'm so thankful for the advice from the wonderful people on this forum. I had no idea soy could have such a powerful negative effect! I'm 24 and the women in my family are well endowed for the most part. It would be nice to know there's a growth spurt of that sort in my future ha ha

By the way IWB, your breasts looks great. Except I would talk to a doctor about the blue splotches you have on the end of them. LOL.

Sorry, couldn't resistBig Grin

(17-03-2015, 06:26 PM)iaboy Wrote:  By the way IWB, your breasts looks great. Except I would talk to a doctor about the blue splotches you have on the end of them. LOL.

Sorry, couldn't resistBig Grin

LMAO thanks! They do look more full and symmetrical in that pic Sad It's sort of a "MySpace angles" situation

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon