Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Spearmint, B6 & Androgens?

I am all over this section! sorry guys! but I have one more question.. I know angrogens can cause bad things like acne, unwanted body hair and also stunt breast growth or even decrease size.

I was reading a webpage on how to lower androgens and I came across this--

"Vitamin B6 can reduce the production of prolactin, a hormone that causes the male hormone testosterone to be taken up by tissues."

This confused me, because isnt prolactin a hormone used for breast growth? I have been looking into herbs for prolactin to increase my size but I don't want to increase my androgens either-- is this true?? Sad

also, I have been looking into spearmint tea, I hear its very good for growth and lowering androgens, what is the best tea??

Also, to be helpful, here is a list of androgen droppers I've found

Drink spearmint tea regularly. New studies in the journal Phytotherapy Research show a promising natural alternative. Drinking spearmint tea twice a day reduces the effects of the levels of androgens in the body

Reverse your insulin resistance. You can facilitate your body’s natural healing pathways with dietary and lifestyle changes that reduce insulin resistance. Regular gentle exercise, along with meals and snacks with a low glycemic load,

The Maca Root is a natural way to balance hormones. -- (I have been taking maca for a new months, it does work Smile

Chasteberry, & saw palmetto!

This is what I understand MBS...

Three hormones are needed for breast's.
1. Prolactin
2. Progesterone
3. Estrogen

The single thing that can hinder progress is too much free testosterone. Lotus might give a thought here, because so much technical jargon is laid out sometimes, that the only thing I want to know is what is a great AA. So much else on the tech side is too confusing for me.

Hi missboobshirt,

Can you clarify something to me too related with prolactin...does prolactin decrease levels of estrogen?

I've been reading some articles that relate levels of prolactin and testosterone and from what i get is the opposity from what you've read (these articles refer to males)

"Elevated prolactin is very anti-testosterone..."
http://peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone...inoma.aspx

And also some testimonials of men saying that they have high levels of prolactin and because of that low levels of testosterone.

http://www.livescience.com/41322-low-pro...rment.html

I've read that vitain B6 actually decrease levels of prolactin but in the other hand it's essentially for breast growth, especially to promote blood circulation.

Here says that B6 can cause breast enlargement.
http://ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/VitaminB6.html

I dunno, it's sometimes just so confusing. I sometimes think a lot of it has to do with individuals makeup. Sort of like ... one person can catch a cold at the drop of a hat, while other's sleep in a cool room with a fan pointed directly at them. I just wonder if the same thing doesn't happen here as well???

I've never seen any B6 dose lower than 200 mg/day reduce prolactin. That's twice the upper limit, so ordinary supplementation won't have any effect. Even at those huge doses, the effect is highly variable and unpredictable so it's not worth trying.

Did the article talk about tissue types for prolactin's effect on testosterone absorption? I've only seen the effect mentioned in articles about the prostate.

Prolactin lowers LH, FSH, estrogen, and testosterone. So it hurts men twice: they lose benefits of T and it makes sure that the prostate soaks up what T is left so that it can swell and give urination problems.

Figure 4 shows the contributions of each hormone by stage of development.

So prolactin lowers estrogen and testosterone? its weird because you would think prolactin would coincide with other boobie related hormones, like estrogen or progesterone.

it sucks though, because if you do take something that heightens prolactin, you will be lowering your estrogen as well?

I am not very sure.

sounds like a catch 22 eh?

I don't think it's a Catch-22, because it's not impossible to find an optimal solution, just difficult. I'm reminded of the control panel someone built to simulate the process of turning on a woman.

Candace is definitely an optimist then. LOL

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon