Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Supplements for Breast Growth

http://www.naturesgoodness.com.au/Wild-Yam-Cream.html

What do you think of this one Lotus?
The guy at the health shop rambled on how it balances estrogen and progesterone BUT as we all know theres ever evolving revelations proving things arent quite as they seem.

What would you think of this balancing E/P?'
The fact it has vitex in it is good but its more about what does WILD YAM in this concentration do? I trust your opinion.

(02-11-2016, 02:38 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi Hannah, (good to hear from you).  Big Grin

See if this sounds familiar, after initially starting progesterone therapy the benefits fade a short time later. 

This study illustrates what I was saying about inconsistency of skin application:

Percutaneous progesterone delivery via cream or gel application in postmenopausal women: a randomized cross-over study of progesterone levels in serum, whole blood, saliva, and capillary blood.
Randomized controlled trial
Du JY, et al. Menopause. 2013.
Show full citation
Abstract
OBJECTIVE: This study aims to investigate the distribution of progesterone in venous whole blood, venous serum, fingertip capillary blood, and saliva after its topical application in both cream and gel formulations.
METHODS: Ten postmenopausal women were randomized to receive 80 mg of progesterone cream or gel applied daily for 14 days, crossing over after a 14-day washout. On the last day of each treatment period, venous blood, fingertip capillary blood, and saliva were sampled frequently for 24 hours after the final application.
RESULTS: After progesterone cream or gel application, serum progesterone levels rose gradually, reaching a peak at 9 and 8 hours, respectively; AUC(0-24) h was significantly higher with cream (12.39 vs 8.32 ng h mL(-1), P = 0.0391). Whole venous blood levels followed a pattern similar to that of serum but were considerably lower. Saliva progesterone showed a peak at 1 and 6 hours after cream and gel application, respectively, and C(max) was comparable with cream and gel. Saliva AUC(0-24) h was substantially higher than the corresponding area under the curve for serum or whole blood but did not differ significantly by delivery method (39.02 and 58.37 ng h mL(-1), P = 0.69). In capillary blood, C(max) was reached at the same time (8 h) and was similar with both formulations; AUC(0-24) h was also similar with both formulations (1,056 ng h mL(-1) for cream and 999 ng h mL(-1) for gel) but was dramatically higher than the corresponding areas under the curve for venous serum and whole blood.
CONCLUSIONS: After application of topical progesterone, saliva and capillary blood levels are approximately 10-fold and 100-fold greater, respectively, than those seen in serum or whole blood. High capillary blood and saliva levels indicate high absorption and transport of progesterone to tissues. Reliance on serum levels of progesterone for monitoring topical dose could lead to underestimation of tissue levels and consequent overdose.
PMID 23652031 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

This is from dr. mercola: 
If you apply the cream to your mucous epithelial membranes that line your uterus and vagina you obtain a virtually ideal administration system. Not only is absorption through these membranes more complete than through your skin, but hormones absorbed through your vaginal membranes enter the very same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into. From here the hormones are carried to your heart and lungs and distributed to your tissues just as if your ovary had actually produced them.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...tions.aspx

This news report lists a meta analysis report indicting the safety results of epithelial delivery. As always do your homework and contact your doctor for professional assessment. 

Vaginal progesterone safe and effective in preventing preterm birth
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2011121...birth.aspx

Thanks Lotus! If my current tubes are empty and I might want to continue Ill look into a cream suitable for my mucous membrames RolleyesWink

(02-11-2016, 04:18 AM)EllaC Wrote:  http://www.naturesgoodness.com.au/Wild-Yam-Cream.html

The guy at the health shop rambled on how it balances estrogen and progesterone BUT as we all know theres ever evolving revelations proving things arent quite as they seem.

The fact it has vitex in it is good but its more about what does WILD YAM in this concentration do? I trust your opinion.

Ella, the combination of WY and vitex in this product is confusing, meaning, WY stimulates hormone while vitex is trying to balance them. Btw, vitex is a partial antidepressant because of how it inhibits D2 receptors. Is there any way to confirm the amount of the triglycerides in this product?. Personally?, I would pass on this one.

(04-11-2016, 03:28 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(02-11-2016, 04:18 AM)EllaC Wrote:  http://www.naturesgoodness.com.au/Wild-Yam-Cream.html

Ella, the combination of WY and vitex in this product is confusing, meaning, WY stimulates hormone while vitex is trying to balance them. Btw, vitex is a partial antidepressant because of how it inhibits D2 receptors. Is there any way to confirm the amount of the triglycerides in this product?. Personally?, I would pass on this one.
I hear you! Thanks L . I kicked myself after buying it!

Milk Thistle inhibits testosterone:

Time- and Concentration-Dependent Inactivation of Testosterone Metabolism of P450 3A4 by Silybin. 6 -Hydroxytestosterone was the major metabolite detected when testosterone was incubated with purified recombinant P450 3A4 in a reconstituted system in the presence of NADPH. Silybin inhibited the metabolism of testosterone by P450 3A4 in a time-, concentration-, and NADPH-dependent manner.   

SILYBIN INACTIVATES CYTOCHROMES P450 3A4 AND 2C9 AND INHIBITS MAJOR HEPATIC GLUCURONOSYLTRANSFERASES 
http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/dmd...7.full.pdf

(24-12-2016, 03:51 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Milk Thistle inhibits testosterone:

Time- and Concentration-Dependent Inactivation of Testosterone Metabolism of P450 3A4 by Silybin. 6 -Hydroxytestosterone was the major metabolite detected when testosterone was incubated with purified recombinant P450 3A4 in a reconstituted system in the presence of NADPH. Silybin inhibited the metabolism of testosterone by P450 3A4 in a time-, concentration-, and NADPH-dependent manner.   

SILYBIN INACTIVATES CYTOCHROMES P450 3A4 AND 2C9 AND INHIBITS MAJOR HEPATIC GLUCURONOSYLTRANSFERASES 
http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/dmd...7.full.pdf

From the study, approximately 250mg of SILYBIN (milk thistle) was used to inhibit Testosterone, and metabolized in about 9 to 18 min. Here's the real find though:

silybin (milk thistle) inhibits both phase I and phase II enzymes which inactivates P450s 3A4. Additionally, Silybin was approximately 14- and 20-fold more selective at inhibiting UGT1A1 (aka-Glucuronidation) which is an important metabolic pathway in the liver such as steroid hormones.

Now, from my calculations using pseudofirst-order kinetics, milk thistle decreases T approximately 62% in 9-18min.....or, I could be way off on this one. 

Quote:Time- and Concentration-Dependent Inactivation of the 7EFC Activity of P450 2C9. As shown in Fig. 4, with P450 2C9 the silybin-mediated inactivation of the 7EFC O-deethylation activity was also time-, concentration-, and NADPH-dependent. Approximately 35% activity loss was seen in 15 min when 50 M silybin was used. The inactivation exhibited pseudofirst-order kinetics. The double- reciprocal plot of the values of the initial rate constants versus the silybin concentrations gave a KI of 5 M, a kinact of 0.14 min 1, and t1/2 of 7 min. 

Transcriptional regulation of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes.
Hu DG1, Meech R, McKinnon RA, Mackenzie PI.
Author information

Abstract
Glucuronidation is an important metabolic pathway for many small endogenous and exogenous lipophilic compounds, including bilirubin, steroid hormones, bile acids, carcinogens and therapeutic drugs. Glucuronidation is primarily catalyzed by the UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A and two subfamilies, including nine functional UGT1A enzymes (1A1, 1A3-1A10) and 10 functional UGT2 enzymes (2A1, 2A2, 2A3, 2B4, 2B7, 2B10, 2B11, 2B15, 2B17 and 2B28). Most UGTs are expressed in the liver and this expression relates to the major role of hepatic glucuronidation in systemic clearance of toxic lipophilic compounds. Hepatic glucuronidation activity protects the body from chemical insults and governs the therapeutic efficacy of drugs that are inactivated by UGTs. UGT mRNAs have also been detected in over 20 extrahepatic tissues with a unique complement of UGT mRNAs seen in almost every tissue. This extrahepatic glucuronidation activity helps to maintain homeostasis and hence regulates biological activity of endogenous molecules that are primarily inactivated by UGTs. Deciphering the molecular mechanisms underlying tissue-specific UGT expression has been the subject of a large number of studies over the last two decades. These studies have shown that the constitutive and inducible expression of UGTs is primarily regulated by tissue-specific and ligand-activated transcription factors (TFs) via their binding to cis-regulatory elements (CREs) in UGT promoters and enhancers. This review first briefly summarizes published UGT gene transcriptional studies and the experimental models and tools utilized in these studies, and then describes in detail the TFs and their respective CREs that have been identified in the promoters and/or enhancers of individual UGT genes.

From drug to drug interactions the way the first drug lowers second drug effectiveness I would separate something like milk thistle between other drugs used.......now this will vary based on individual metabolism, for me?, I'd wait 30-45 min before adding a pro-estrogen/pro-aromatase therapy.

Direct interaction between substrates and endogenous steroids in the active site may change the activity of cytochrome P450 3A4.
Torimoto N, et al. Biochemistry. 2003.
Show full citation
Abstract
CYP3A4 exhibits unusual kinetic characteristics that result from the metabolism of multiple substrate including endogenous steroids and some drugs that coexist at the active site. To clarify the mechanism of the effect of endogenous steroids on the drug metabolism, the interaction between substrates, nevirapine (NVP) and carbamazepine (CBZ), and endogenous steroids was investigated by theoretical calculations. When the activities of NVP 2-hydroxylation and CBZ 10,11-epoxidation by expressed CYP3A4 were measured in the presence of steroids, NVP 2-hydroxylation was found to be remarkably increased by aldosterone and inhibited by estradiol. CBZ 10,11-epoxidation was increased by androstenedione. Three-dimensional computer modeling has shown that the active site of CYP3A4 is especially large, permitting access of two substrate molecules. The interactions between NVP and aldosterone and between CBZ and androstenedione were estimated by theoretical calculations assuming the substrate and steroids to be present in the active site at the same time. It was shown that NVP or CBZ would be stably fixed close to the oxygen atom at the sixth ligand of heme by interaction with steroids, suggesting that NVP and CBZ may be hydroxylated more easily due to the interaction with steroids. Estradiol was also expected to interact with NVP via a pi/pi interaction between a benzene ring, in which the NVP hydroxylation site is located, and a benzene ring of estradiol, suggested to inhibit the reaction. From these results, interactions between the substrate and endogenous steroids in the active site may change the activity of CYP3A4.
PMID 14690416 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Full text

In this study DHT and EGF decreased the protein level of UGT2B17  by 75% ,  that was correlated with a decreased production of DHT-G by 73%. I take that to mean decreasing a protein like UGT2B17 it decreases (inhibits DHT) by 73%. 

Differential Regulation of Two Uridine Diphospho-Glucuronosyltransferases, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17, in Human Prostate LNCaP Cells* 
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/pdf/10.12...138.7.5226

I see Calcium D-Glucarate as an alternative to Milk Thistle, but the metabolism would be slower,  meaning a longer half life. I also have Calcium D-Glucarate as a pro-aromatase. 

Calcium D-Glucarate  is an extract found in fruits and vegetables that has been found to be  beneficial in helping to remove toxins and excess used hormones, preventing them from being reabsorbed into the blood stream and deposited in the tissues of your body. Calcium D-Glucarate helps to support liver function and detoxification and boosts the immune system.

For my dear friend with a leaky gut..... BlushSmile  

http://sanjosefuncmed.com/intestinal-per...leaky-gut/

Omg! The article leads onto The importance of NITRIC OXIDE for which im completely depleted! Then glutathione! 

Ok im sending to my laptop to read in depth! Maybe you stumbled into my cause and how to rectify! Thank you xxx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon