Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Supplements for Breast Growth

(28-08-2014, 09:24 PM)Candace Wrote:  
(16-05-2014, 11:37 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Other supplements that have an anti-estrogenic effect include kelp, Ginkgo biloba, Damiana, vitamin K, fish oil, green tea and GLA.

The fish oil effect appears to be a result of the replacement of PGE2 with PGE3. PGE2 increases aromatase while PGE3 does not.

PGE1 is just as pro-aromatase as PGE2 (Figure 6), so shouldn't GLA be considered pro-estrogenic?

According to this study fish oil is "anti-estrongenic",

Test tube study: fish oil is anti-estrogenic
The longer the exposure, the more estradiol-alpha receptors were destroyed in the cell nucleus. The omega-6 fatty acid arachidonic acid enhanced the reduction of the number of estradiol receptors.
http://www.ergo-log.com/foilantie.html

Doses of GLA greater than 3,000 mg per day should be avoided because, at that point, production of AA-Arachidonic Acid(rather than DGLA) may increase.

New updates w/linked interactions

Herbs/plant based and grains used for breast enlargement

• PUERARIA MIRIFCA- The most potent phytoestrogen, targets E receptors, minor AA (daidzien)
PUERARIA MIRIFICA -Moderate Interaction
  • FENUGREEK- Prolactin stimulate, increases production of estrogen, phytoestrogen, adaptogen
FENUGREEK- Moderate Interaction
  • BLESSED THISTLE- Increases the flow of milk, (causes irritation of GI tract)
BLESSED THISTLE [Image: cn244jfqfz4dozn84.jpg] Minor Interaction
  • NETTLE ROOT-Binds to SHBG, increases estrogen and testosterone
NETTLE
  • SAW PALMETTO-DHT inhibiting effect, decreases progesterone receptors, (Taking saw palmetto along with estrogen pills might decrease the effectiveness of estrogen pills).
SAW PALMETTO -Moderate Interaction
  • HOPS-Activates alpha estrogen receptors which stimulates breast growth, increases SHBG which binds free testosterone
HOPS -Moderate Interaction
  • WHITE PEONY ROOTEstrogenic, blocks 5-ar and pro-aromatase, strong
WHITE PEONY ROOT-Moderate Interaction
  • FENNEL-Promotes milk production, nutrient rich for NBE growth, stimulates the growth of breast tissue
FENNEL -Moderate Interaction
  • WILD YAM-Stimulates hormone production, increases progesterone, prolactin, anti-androgen, and slows the metabolism of estrone, one of the body's own estrogens.
WILD YAM
  • DONG QUAI-Balance hormones, assists breast enlargement, improves gland function
    activities
DONG QUAI [Image: cn23rercothbnz2vo.gif] Major Interaction
  • RED CLOVER-Minor aromatase inhibitor, highly estrogenic, Binds to alpha estrogen receptor
RED CLOVER Moderate Interaction
  • LICORICE ROOT-Anti-androgenic, activates alpha and beta estrogen receptors and blocks 5-ar, DGL is thought to have fewer side effects
LICORICE ROOT [Image: cn23rercothbnz2vo.gif] Major Interaction
  • ANISE-Stimulates breast growth by increasing E, (1980 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology)
ANISE
  • BLACK COHOSH-Appears to bind to estrogen receptors, mimics hormonal effects of estrogen, estriol
BLACK COHOSH
  • ALFALFANatural phytoestrogens, helps with menopausal symptoms, inhibits bone loss caused by estrogen deficiency
ALFALFA [Image: cn23rercothbnz2vo.gif] Major Interaction
  • CHASTE TREE-Corrects hormone imbalances, increases LH in favor of E and progesterone
CHASTEBERRY -Moderate Interaction
  • MACA ROOT-Abundant in amino acids, phytonutrients, healthy fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals, increase in energy and libido, adaptogen
MACA + MACA
  • GOATS RUE-Builds breast tissue and increases milk supply
GOAT'S RUE -Moderate Interaction
  • RED REISHI-Significantly reduces levels of 5-alpha reductase (DHT)
REISHI -Moderate Interaction
  • SHATAVARI-Phytoestrogen, normalizes estrogen levels, prolactin source, adaptogen
SHATAVARI -Moderate Interaction
  • ASHWAGANDHA-Adaptogen, restores a sense of well-being, similar to Panax ginseng
ASHWAGANDHA -Moderate Interaction
  • DANDELION ROOT-Upregulates estrogen receptors, uses the estrogen you are putting in
DANDELION- Moderate Interaction
  • DAMIANA-For hormone imbalance, improve poor mammary gland development
DAMIANA -Moderate Interaction
  • MILK THISLTE-Cleanses the liver of excess hormones
MILK THISTLE -Moderate Interaction
  • CHINESE SKULLCAP-Inhibits 5-alpha-reductase enzyme
SKULLCAP -Moderate Interaction
  • MARSHMALLOW ROOT-Inhibits Hyaluronidase, increases tissue permeability
MARSHMALLOW -Moderate Interaction
  • WATERCRESS-Increases energy, high in iron and vitamin E
WATERCRESS -Moderate Interaction
  • RED RASPBERRY--Balance hormones, promotes breast health
RED RASPBERRY
  • PASSION FLOWER-Calming agent that adds to total well being
PASSIONFLOWER -Moderate Interaction
  • SENNA-To increase absorption and effectiveness of herbs, eliminates toxins
SENNA -Moderate Interaction
  • PYGEUM-Reduces the level of DHT, reduces prolacting levels, Inhibits 5-alpha reductase
PYGEUM
  • SPEARMINT-Anti-androgenic properties reduces the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected
SPEARMINT
  • FLAX-Phytoestrogen, increases SHBG, source of omega-3 fatty acids, Lignans (Flaxseed) are phytoestrogens with estrogenic or anti-estrogenic activity.
FLAXSEED -Moderate Interaction
  • OATS-Phytoestrogen, decreases SHBG, source of zinc, iron, vitamins B6, vitamin E and amino acids

OATS
  • YOGURT--Rich in vitamins, calcium and minerals, growth factors stimulate fibroblast proliferation, collagen, probiotic , and has lactic acid component
YOGURT -Moderate Interaction
  • PABA- Decreases breakdown of estrogen in your body so you have more free estrogen.
PABA [Image: cn23rercothbnz2vo.gif] Major Interaction
  • COCONUT OIL- Makes connective tissues stronger, superb antioxidant, neutralizes free radicals and slowing down aging, aids in breast feeding, nature's richest source of MCFAs."
COCCONUT OIL
  • LADIES MANTLE-The Tannis (6-8%) in LM causes contractions, protects conjunctive and elastic tissues, contains salicylic acid (a mild painkilling action) for painful menstrual periods, It's astringent increases blood flow for circulation and helps with saggy breasts.
LADY'S MANTLE

Always consult with a medical professional when having concerns about NBE and NBE supplements.

-More to follow-

(The Herb Interactions comes from the FAQ-Herb interaction which Peggy created, thanks again Peggy)

what do u meant by minor, major or Moderate Interaction?

(30-08-2014, 02:29 AM)transgender newbie Wrote:  what do u meant by minor, major or Moderate Interaction?

The herbs highlighted in blue will take you to WebMD upon clicking on them, once there you'll see side-effects, doses, usages and interactions, click on each of those green tabs at webmd and it gives you the appropriate info.

Good luck.

can I drink soy milk with NBE or not?

(30-08-2014, 04:43 AM)transgender newbie Wrote:  can I drink soy milk with NBE or not?

Depends, how much of each you wish to consume daily, what NBE products? how much of each?. Details!

(30-08-2014, 05:11 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(30-08-2014, 04:43 AM)transgender newbie Wrote:  can I drink soy milk with NBE or not?

Depends, how much of each you wish to consume daily, what NBE products? how much of each?. Details!

I usually drink 1 or 2 x16oz cup of soy milk everyday. I maybe buying natureday products. It gots pills and liquid.

Hi Lotus!

I am thinking of changing the herbs I am taking during my luteal phase as I just ended my cleanse. I used to just take the remainders I had left from when I ordered breast actives because I wanted to finish it up. I've also been using a PC during my luteal phase but I was thinking of adding some herbs in to complement it. I read that Vitamin E stimulates our own progesterone production, so if I add it in together with PC would it be too much?
I was thinking of trying goat's rue and white peony also but I wasn't sure how to fit them in.
I think i've confused myself by overthinking and reading too much I can't fit the pieces together haha.. some advice would be sooo appreciated !!!
Big Grin

(04-09-2014, 01:59 AM)skyeeeee Wrote:  Hi Lotus!

I am thinking of changing the herbs I am taking during my luteal phase as I just ended my cleanse. I used to just take the remainders I had left from when I ordered breast actives because I wanted to finish it up. I've also been using a PC during my luteal phase but I was thinking of adding some herbs in to complement it. I read that Vitamin E stimulates our own progesterone production, so if I add it in together with PC would it be too much?
I was thinking of trying goat's rue and white peony also but I wasn't sure how to fit them in.
I think i've confused myself by overthinking and reading too much I can't fit the pieces together haha.. some advice would be sooo appreciated !!!
Big Grin

Hi skeeeee,

Good point and great question about vitamin E and progesterone, why not try focusing on the next 2 cycles balancing luteal first, then evaluate the results and adjust from there. Although you could also add these:

How Can You Naturally Stimulate Progesterone?

The supplement melatonin has some ability to do this. Some (not all studies) show that melatonin levels are higher during the latter half of the menstrual cycle (the luteal phase). The hormone T3 also helps with the production of progesterone – something to think about if you too are faced with what seems to be a widespread epidemic of low (hypo) thyroid. Many scientists are postulating that this is caused by radiation and environmental chemical exposure. Iodine used to be added to bread in Canada. It has been since been replaced by bromine (‘new car smell’ chemical), and linked to low thyroid.

Vitamins which may help increase progesterone include B6 and vitamin E. B6 has been shown to reduce blood levels of estrogen and to increase progesterone. Vitamin E works by enhancing absorption of progesterone. Helpful minerals include boron, zinc, and selenium. If you are a breast cancer patient with osteoporosis, know that by increasing levels of boron in the diet, blood levels of both estrogen and progesterone are raised. While this is good for bone density, doing this is contraindicated if you are dealing with estrogen-receptor positive breast cancer. Zinc, on the other hand, is good, however it will lower both progesterone and estrogen levels and you need to be aware of this. In animal studies, it has been shown that selenium supplementation can increase progesterone. Keep in mind that natural selenium – i.e., that from eating one or two Brazil nuts daily – is better than taking supplemental selenium when you have cancer. One large Brazil nut contains approximately 200 mgs of selenium, magnesium too.

Skip the goats rue and peony for now, monitor any side effects during the next 2 luteal cycles, (remember, estrogen stores fat while progesterone burns it.!!!

http://helenpapas.wordpress.com/2011/02/...gesterone/

These vitamins don't nearly get as much focus on Testosterone, I'm listing it here again as a reference.

(01-03-2014, 11:14 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
Testosterone, and how some vitamins affect it.

• Zinc-deficiency lowers testosterone levels, inhibits prolactin secretion (testosterone inhibiting hormone). Supplementing increases baseline levels. 28,29,30,31

• Magnesium- makes testosterone more biologically active in the body, raises free and total testosterone levels in men..25,26,27

• Carnitine Boosts dopamine, which is directly related to testosterone levels; May prevent testosterone decline after intense physical stress.21,22,23,24

• Folate Deficiency reduces circulating testosterone; Evidence suggests testosterone may regulate folate metabolism.1,2,3

• Vitamin B6 Regulates sex hormones; Vitamin B6 reduces prolactin which stimulates hypothalamus to increase testosterone; B6 also a cofactor for dopamine synthesis which influences testosterone levels.4,5,6,7

• Vitamin K Deficiency reduces testosterone production because the rate-limiting enzyme for testosterone synthesis (Cyp11a) is vitamin K dependent. 13,14,15

• Vitamin E Long term administration of some forms of vitamin E may reduce testosterone levels.16,17

• Vitamin C Studies suggest it protects prostate from testosterone induced tumors.18,19,20

• Magnesium Makes testosterone more biologically active in the body; Raises free and total testosterone levels in men.25,26,27

http://www.spectracell.com/media/uploade...el1113.pdf

http://info.spectracell.com/bid/88027/Nu...stosterone

Hello!Lotus,I was wondering if you could give a list of herbs that reduce prolactin?

(04-09-2014, 11:03 PM)WannaBePearShaped Wrote:  Hello!Lotus,I was wondering if you could give a list of herbs that reduce prolactin?

___Herbs that lower Prolactin _____

Vitex agnus castus
Licorice root
Goldenseal
Ginger
Cayenne
Ginseng
Maca
Ashwagandha
Mucuna pruriens
Ginkgo Biloba

Also these vitamins:
vitamin B6
vitamin E
zinc

Get plenty of sleep, Sleep disorders or lack of sleep will lower your dopamine levels, which can increase prolactin.

You can do a basic search for the proper dosage, (e.g. Prolactin inhibiting dosage for- and fill in the blank).

Or you can just use this website, lol. Wink

http://examine.com/supplements/Mucuna+pruriens/

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon