Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Supplements for Breast Growth

(20-05-2014, 06:25 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 06:21 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 06:08 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 04:20 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Rhubarb tops the list, crazy!!

referring to toxicity "kind of like rhubarb you have to cook it to eat it " - rocketmelon
A potato is the same way.

What's rhubarb's safety? Also, does it show evidence of inhibiting or promoting action?

Treatment of menopausal symptoms by an extract from the roots of rhapontic rhubarb: the role of estrogen receptors
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2837008/

Activation of ERβ with rhubarb might be the reason that the extract does not show proliferative effects in uterine tissue, and its antiestrogenic effects could be related to its partial agonistic effects for ERs, which manifest as antagonistic activity when the full agonist, estradiol, is present. In summary, rhubarb is mainly an ERβ activating plant, although its reported active compounds, lindleyin, rhapontigenin, and desoxyrhapontigenin, are not ERβ-selective.

I wouldn't use though......

It's pretty harsh to take.

wow...you're so informed!! Could I ask you, do you prefer to make you own blends rather than finding pre-blended supplements (like F-Cup Easy, Bosomexx, etc) and if so, how do you go about determining how much to take and which herbs to blend together?

Thank you so much! I can't wait to read your response :]

(30-05-2014, 11:17 PM)KinakoNeko Wrote:  wow...you're so informed!! Could I ask you, do you prefer to make you own blends rather than finding pre-blended supplements (like F-Cup Easy, Bosomexx, etc) and if so, how do you go about determining how much to take and which herbs to blend together?

Thank you so much! I can't wait to read your response :]

Hi Kinako,

Honestly I lack the discipline for blending lol. Perhaps it would make sense if some of the obstacles Rolleyes were removed. I look at the action/safety/interaction of the herb first, then how it's dispensed. These days I tend to think if the First Pass Metabolism is skipped it makes NBE a little easier. (So that makes transdermal and sublingual a better viability imo).

Good question and welcome to the forum!! Big Grin

Wow, this is amazing! Thank you, Lotus! It's nice to know what these herbs do to promote breast growth!

(05-06-2014, 01:48 AM)Larkspur Wrote:  Wow, this is amazing! Thank you, Lotus! It's nice to know what these herbs do to promote breast growth!

Thanks Larkspur,

It's interesting because I'll find other reference's and end up adding to the description list, like this:

White Peony-lowers total serum and free testosterone in women with PCOS, and also seems to regulate the LH to FSH ratio. (note-when combined with Licorice root).

Larkspur, what program are you on?.

Smile

(05-06-2014, 03:36 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(05-06-2014, 01:48 AM)Larkspur Wrote:  Wow, this is amazing! Thank you, Lotus! It's nice to know what these herbs do to promote breast growth!

Thanks Larkspur,

It's interesting because I'll find other reference's and end up adding to the description list, like this:

White Peony-lowers total serum and free testosterone in women with PCOS, and also seems to regulate the LH to FSH ratio. (note-when combined with Licorice root).

Larkspur, what program are you on?.

Smile

Hey, adding to this is great! Keeps it really up to date with even more information! I did not know White Peony was used as a herbal supplement at all!

I am currently not on anything, but I'm looking to incorporate herbs into my "program" which consists of mostly massage. I have taken Fenugreek, but stopped for a little while because I wanted to research a more.

New updates w/linked interactions

Herbs/plant based and grains used for breast enlargement

• PUERARIA MIRIFCA- The most potent phytoestrogen, targets E receptors, minor AA (daidzien)
PUERARIA MIRIFICA -Moderate Interaction
  • FENUGREEK- Prolactin stimulate, increases production of estrogen, phytoestrogen, adaptogen
FENUGREEK- Moderate Interaction
  • BLESSED THISTLE- Increases the flow of milk, (causes irritation of GI tract)
BLESSED THISTLE [Image: cn244jfqfz4dozn84.jpg] Minor Interaction
  • NETTLE ROOT-Binds to SHBG, increases estrogen and testosterone
NETTLE
  • SAW PALMETTO-DHT inhibiting effect, decreases progesterone receptors, (Taking saw palmetto along with estrogen pills might decrease the effectiveness of estrogen pills).
SAW PALMETTO -Moderate Interaction
  • HOPS-Activates alpha estrogen receptors which stimulates breast growth, increases SHBG which binds free testosterone
HOPS -Moderate Interaction
  • WHITE PEONY ROOTEstrogenic, blocks 5-ar and pro-aromatase, strong
WHITE PEONY ROOT-Moderate Interaction
  • FENNEL-Promotes milk production, nutrient rich for NBE growth, stimulates the growth of breast tissue
FENNEL -Moderate Interaction
  • WILD YAM-Stimulates hormone production, increases progesterone, prolactin, anti-androgen, and slows the metabolism of estrone, one of the body's own estrogens.
WILD YAM
  • DONG QUAI-Balance hormones, assists breast enlargement, improves gland function
    activities
DONG QUAI [Image: cn23rercothbnz2vo.gif] Major Interaction
  • RED CLOVER-Minor aromatase inhibitor, highly estrogenic, Binds to alpha estrogen receptor
RED CLOVER Moderate Interaction
  • LICORICE ROOT-Anti-androgenic, activates alpha and beta estrogen receptors and blocks 5-ar, DGL is thought to have fewer side effects
LICORICE ROOT [Image: cn23rercothbnz2vo.gif] Major Interaction
  • ANISE-Stimulates breast growth by increasing E, (1980 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology)
ANISE
  • BLACK COHOSH-Appears to bind to estrogen receptors, mimics hormonal effects of estrogen, estriol
BLACK COHOSH
  • ALFALFANatural phytoestrogens, helps with menopausal symptoms, inhibits bone loss caused by estrogen deficiency
ALFALFA [Image: cn23rercothbnz2vo.gif] Major Interaction
  • CHASTE TREE-Corrects hormone imbalances, increases LH in favor of E and progesterone
CHASTEBERRY -Moderate Interaction
  • MACA ROOT-Abundant in amino acids, phytonutrients, healthy fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals, increase in energy and libido, adaptogen
MACA + MACA
  • GOATS RUE-Builds breast tissue and increases milk supply
GOAT'S RUE -Moderate Interaction
  • RED REISHI-Significantly reduces levels of 5-alpha reductase (DHT)
REISHI -Moderate Interaction
  • SHATAVARI-Phytoestrogen, normalizes estrogen levels, prolactin source, adaptogen
SHATAVARI -Moderate Interaction
  • ASHWAGANDHA-Adaptogen, restores a sense of well-being, similar to Panax ginseng
ASHWAGANDHA -Moderate Interaction
  • DANDELION ROOT-Upregulates estrogen receptors, uses the estrogen you are putting in
DANDELION- Moderate Interaction
  • DAMIANA-For hormone imbalance, improve poor mammary gland development
DAMIANA -Moderate Interaction
  • MILK THISLTE-Cleanses the liver of excess hormones
MILK THISTLE -Moderate Interaction
  • CHINESE SKULLCAP-Inhibits 5-alpha-reductase enzyme
SKULLCAP -Moderate Interaction
  • MARSHMALLOW ROOT-Inhibits Hyaluronidase, increases tissue permeability
MARSHMALLOW -Moderate Interaction
  • WATERCRESS-Increases energy, high in iron and vitamin E
WATERCRESS -Moderate Interaction
  • RED RASPBERRY--Balance hormones, promotes breast health
RED RASPBERRY
  • PASSION FLOWER-Calming agent that adds to total well being
PASSIONFLOWER -Moderate Interaction
  • SENNA-To increase absorption and effectiveness of herbs, eliminates toxins
SENNA -Moderate Interaction
  • PYGEUM-Reduces the level of DHT, reduces prolacting levels, Inhibits 5-alpha reductase
PYGEUM
  • SPEARMINT-Anti-androgenic properties reduces the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected
SPEARMINT
  • FLAX-Phytoestrogen, increases SHBG, source of omega-3 fatty acids, Lignans (Flaxseed) are phytoestrogens with estrogenic or anti-estrogenic activity.
FLAXSEED -Moderate Interaction
  • OATS-Phytoestrogen, decreases SHBG, source of zinc, iron, vitamins B6, vitamin E and amino acids

OATS
  • YOGURT--Rich in vitamins, calcium and minerals, growth factors stimulate fibroblast proliferation, collagen, probiotic , and has lactic acid component
YOGURT -Moderate Interaction
  • PABA- Decreases breakdown of estrogen in your body so you have more free estrogen.
PABA [Image: cn23rercothbnz2vo.gif] Major Interaction
  • COCONUT OIL- Makes connective tissues stronger, superb antioxidant, neutralizes free radicals and slowing down aging, aids in breast feeding, nature's richest source of MCFAs."
COCCONUT OIL
  • LADIES MANTLE-The Tannis (6-8%) in LM causes contractions, protects conjunctive and elastic tissues, contains salicylic acid (a mild painkilling action) for painful menstrual periods, It's astringent increases blood flow for circulation and helps with saggy breasts.
LADY'S MANTLE

Always consult with a medical professional when having concerns about NBE and NBE supplements.

-More to follow-

(The Herb Interactions comes from the FAQ-Herb interaction which Peggy created, thanks again Peggy)

(16-05-2014, 07:58 PM)lovely11 Wrote:  That's a good lead. If that's true about black cumin seed, there should be something on it in pubmed. hopefully, not behind a paywall. What's its safety data?

Cumin seems scary to me. It contains thymoquinone, which causes both cancerous and healthy cells to die through apoptosis. It kills a higher fraction of the cancer cells, so it could be considered a kind of chemotherapy. The common polyphenol supplements that kill cancer cells don't hurt regular cells, so cumin is different.

(28-08-2014, 01:59 AM)Candace Wrote:  
(16-05-2014, 07:58 PM)lovely11 Wrote:  That's a good lead. If that's true about black cumin seed, there should be something on it in pubmed. hopefully, not behind a paywall. What's its safety data?

Cumin seems scary to me. It contains thymoquinone, which causes both cancerous and healthy cells to die through apoptosis. It kills a higher fraction of the cancer cells, so it could be considered a kind of chemotherapy. The common polyphenol supplements that kill cancer cells don't hurt regular cells, so cumin is different.

Hi Candace,

Cumin was covered in the bio-male FAQ section. The Herbal FAQ was created to benefit the whole of BN, sorry for the confusion, the two should be linked though.

Thanks.

(25-07-2014, 03:24 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(25-07-2014, 01:43 AM)lostacres6 Wrote:  Hi Lotus,
Great list of supplements. I wish I had the time & energy to do the research as good as you do.
I didn't see Black (seed) cumin on the list. I read that it contributes to breast swelling by increasing prolactin. Have you read or do you know if this is correct or am I wasting my money on it?
Thanks

Hi lostacres,

I remember looking at cumin before, from what I read it was a phytoestrogen, but not a very strong one. I also have the following info,

1) Adding cumin spice to your favorite dishes or teas to boosts flavor and can help increase mammary glands within your breasts, suggest "The Green Pharmacy Herbal Handbook." Laboratory tests have shown that mammals may increase breast size through cumin use, although human studies have not yet been documented.

2) I believe it was the same research that was done on female lab animals, (what kind idk) and again it showed that cumin increases the number of mammary cells. The study said mammary cells, like the actual glands is usually the action of progesterone in the breast tissue.

3) I found cumin in one herbal tea blend for increasing breast milk. I suppose it's a galactogogue, much like goat's rue.

4) There are also numerous papers showing black cumin seed's benefits in tumour therapy, especially tumours that are resistant to anti tumour drugs.

My guess, it has some NBE benefit, to what extent other than whats listed I don't know. The link didn't work for the green pharmacy handbook. I'll add to list ASAP.

Wink

Lostacres,

I looked into Black Seed Cumin further, I've found no link to phytoestrogens, it has estrogen like effects and many many other benefits though. You'll find a closer link in cumin (not related) being a phytoestrogen than nigella sativa, aka black seed cumin. You're more than welcome to check these, I went through them all for quite a while and couldn't find a link.

Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
http://www.greenmedinfo.com

Hypolipidemic effect of Cuminum cyminum L. on alloxan-induced diabetic rats.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12220968

An investigation of the analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of Nigella sativa seed polyphenols.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16379...00m,isrctn

Nigella sativa: A Potential Antiosteoporotic Agent
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...po=23.6842

Pharmacological and toxicological properties of Nigella sativa
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12722...t=Abstract

The protective effect of thymoquinone, an anti-oxidant and anti­-inflammatory agent, against renal injury: A review
http://www.sjkdt.org/article.asp?issn=13...ast=Ragheb

Chemopreventive potential of volatile oil from black cumin (Nigella sativa L.) seeds against rat colon carcinogenesis.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12881014

The effect of Nigella sativa L. (black cumin seed) on intractable pediatric seizures.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18049435

Classification for Kingdom Plantae Down to Genus Nigella L.
http://plants.usda.gov/java/Classificati...ssid=NIGEL

VS.

CUMIN

Health benefits of cumin
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benef...-cumin.htm

Cumin
http://www.drugs.com/npc/cumin.html

How to Make Breasts Grow Faster
http://www.livestrong.com/article/263508...ow-faster/

(16-05-2014, 11:37 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Other supplements that have an anti-estrogenic effect include kelp, Ginkgo biloba, Damiana, vitamin K, fish oil, green tea and GLA.

The fish oil effect appears to be a result of the replacement of PGE2 with PGE3. PGE2 increases aromatase while PGE3 does not.

PGE1 is just as pro-aromatase as PGE2 (Figure 6), so shouldn't GLA be considered pro-estrogenic?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon