Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Boron increases estrogen and testosterone

Information 

Just found something interesting about Boron @curezone.com

A member there wrote that Boron will naturally increase your estrogen levels.

So I did some research and found this:

Boron can help to soften menopausal symptoms. It appears to work by increasing the levels of certain forms of estrogen. Some studies suggest that eating boron-rich foods or taking boron supplements may raise estrogen levels as high as those found in women taking estrogen-replacement therapy.

A study done in 1987 found that boron may be helpful in preventing osteoporosis. (Source: Barbara Evans: Life Change, Pan Books, London, 1979, p38.) Twelve post- menopausal women between the ages of forty-eight and eighty-two were studied for twenty-four weeks.

During the first seventeen weeks, they were given a diet low in boron (similar to what many women normally consume).

During the subsequent seven weeks they received 3 milligrams of boron daily.

Eight days after they began taking boron, the women's urinary losses of calcium and magnesium were greatly reduced, and they had significant increases (approximately twofold) in their production of estrogen and testosterone.

This research suggests that taking boron supplements, especially if your dietary intake of boron is low, can cause favorable changes in mineral metabolism that can reduce, and may even prevent, the loss of mineral from the bones (osteoporosis). Boron is also necessary for healthy hair, skin, and nails, and an adequate intake of boron may help prevent muscle and joint aches and pains.

Foods high in boron include fruits, vegetables, and sesame seeds. Meats and poultry, on the other hand, are low in boron. Three or four apples a day or three to four ounces of peanuts may supply boron- deficient women with all they need. Boron is also found in pears, raisins, peaches, almonds, honey, peas, beans and lentils.

Source: http://www.holistic-online.com/remedies/...rition.htm

And I also read this review @iherb.com.

Studies have shown that boron increases estradiol in menopausal women. Before I started taking boron I had incontinence and other symptoms of too low estrogens despite being too young really to enter menopause. Boron is needed to activate vitamin D and vitamin D is needed for aromatase which is an enzyme needed for the conversion of testosterone to estradiol. This conversion can be problematic for women with PCOS like me. My too low estradiol levels have gone up, my blood test proves it. Boron increases the hormones to the level your body naturally needs. Boron is better than dangerous HRT.

Source: http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Now...s/428/?p=1

Some more informations about Boron:

Boron affects the metabolism of steroid hormones, and especially of sex hormones. It increases low testosterone levels in men and oestrogen levels in menopausal women. It also has a role in converting vitamin D to its active form, thus increasing calcium uptake and deposition into bone and teeth rather than causing soft tissue to calcify. Also other beneficial effects have been reported such as improvement of heart problems, vision, psoriasis, balance, memory and cognition.

The German cancer researcher Dr Paul-Gerhard Seeger has shown that cancer commonly starts with the deterioration of cell membranes. As boron is essential for cell membranes and boron deficiency widespread, this may be an important cause for the initiation of tumour growth. Boron compounds have anti-tumour properties and are "potent anti-osteoporotic, anti-inflammatory, hypolipemic, anti-coagulant and anti-neoplastic agents"

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

- Boron was shown to have reduced the incidence of prostate cancer development by 64%

- Non Toxic: Doses up to 18mg of boron daily appear to be safe for adults even if taken for prolonged periods of time.

- Helps in production of estrogen. Boron might improve the production of estrogen in menopausal women, bringing back their sex drive within a few days of treatment. Boron increases the level of natural sex hormones in the body, thereby reducing the need for Hormone replacement therapy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gyso...ggAmo/edit

undefined

(16-07-2014, 02:50 PM)peggy Wrote:  Some more informations about Boron:

Boron affects the metabolism of steroid hormones, and especially of sex hormones. It increases low testosterone levels in men and oestrogen levels in menopausal women. It also has a role in converting vitamin D to its active form, thus increasing calcium uptake and deposition into bone and teeth rather than causing soft tissue to calcify. Also other beneficial effects have been reported such as improvement of heart problems, vision, psoriasis, balance, memory and cognition.

The German cancer researcher Dr Paul-Gerhard Seeger has shown that cancer commonly starts with the deterioration of cell membranes. As boron is essential for cell membranes and boron deficiency widespread, this may be an important cause for the initiation of tumour growth. Boron compounds have anti-tumour properties and are "potent anti-osteoporotic, anti-inflammatory, hypolipemic, anti-coagulant and anti-neoplastic agents"

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

- Boron was shown to have reduced the incidence of prostate cancer development by 64%

- Non Toxic: Doses up to 18mg of boron daily appear to be safe for adults even if taken for prolonged periods of time.

- Helps in production of estrogen. Boron might improve the production of estrogen in menopausal women, bringing back their sex drive within a few days of treatment. Boron increases the level of natural sex hormones in the body, thereby reducing the need for Hormone replacement therapy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gyso...ggAmo/edit

Great find Peggy, the daily multi-vitamin I take lists 150 mcg. of Boron. The google link has some pretty interesting use's for boron, (sleep aid, pain and detox I didn't know).

Thanks Wink

I have started to supplement with Borax today. I am taking 1/8 tsp (50mg) Borax per day, which equals to 5mg of Boron.

Will update when I notice any changes. Smile

Edit: I noticed that 1/8 tsp of Borax weighs 500mg and not 50mg and equals to 55mg of Boron which is too much as daily dosage (even though some people take up to 1/4 tsp per day). So I put 5g of Borax in one liter of water and I am using only 1 tsp (= 5ml) of this concentrate twice per day. This is the correct way to supplement with 5-6mg of Boron per day.

(06-08-2014, 06:11 PM)peggy Wrote:  I have started to supplement with Borax today. I am taking 1/8 tsp (50mg) Borax per day, which equals to 5mg of Boron.

Bet you doctors wont be rushing out their prescription pads to prescribe Boron over dodgy HRT therapy now will they!

I am sure they won't. Tongue

(06-08-2014, 06:11 PM)peggy Wrote:  I have started to supplement with Borax today. I am taking 1/8 tsp (50mg) Borax per day, which equals to 5mg of Boron.

wasnt Borax a cleaner? the one with the oxes on the box? hee hee

so what would boron do for an mtf then? if one wants to decrease Testosetrone, and is currently reducing it with aa's ...will it fight effects of aa's and/or increase estrogen?

Whats "an mtf"? Huh

Borax is a naturally occurring mineral commonly mined from dried salt lakes. Of course it can also be used as a cleanser. Table salt is 50 to 100% more toxic than borax, it changes the genetic material and is mutagenic, while borax is harmless in this regard.

Here are very good infos about borax: http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

And no, we do NOT want to lower testosterone. We don't want it to turn to DHT, which is our enemy, and for this we can take anti-androgens like Reishi and WP, so that the testosterone can convert to estrogen.

(06-08-2014, 11:57 PM)peggy Wrote:  Whats "an mtf"? Huh

Borax is a naturally occurring mineral commonly mined from dried salt lakes. Of course it can also be used as a cleanser. Table salt is 50 to 100% more toxic than borax, it changes the genetic material and is mutagenic, while borax is harmless in this regard.

Here are very good infos about borax: http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

And no, we do NOT want to lower testosterone. We don't want it to turn to DHT, which is our enemy, and for this we can take anti-androgens like Reishi and WP, so that the testosterone can convert to estrogen.

in trangender society it means 'male to female'- a male who feels he is a woman and desires to correct nature's error.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon