Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair tips

I'm sort of sad about my hair I had really extensive post partum shed. I even look a bit bald in some pictures from the front. I am still taking prenatal vitamins and omega 3 and biotin for the hair and started PM a month ago (which I read is good for hair). I have about an inch of new growth coming in now but it is a bit thin. I hope it gets thicker and stronger soon!

My hair is naturally blonde but started darkening after having kids so I dye it a bit lighter because I don't like the darker color as much Smile.

I love your hair ladies!! If I cut my hair an inch every three weeks I'd have to start. Shaving it after a while lol it just doesn't grow fast at all. The new growth of an inch took about 5 months. Any advice? I also eat lots of protein.

Imsoflat my hair was half the thickness it is now so I used the oils and creams I've mentioned before and well about 3 years later it started to get thick again. Give these oils or creams a try and be consistent with treatments. It's good that you're taking supplements too. I also advise people to TRIM their hair as often as they can, trust me the more you cut the faster it grows.

I don't think I could afford all of those.. If I use coconut oil masks every week would that help? I read it adds protein back into the hair.

How do you post a pic? I changed my avatar to post a pic of my hair Smile

Never mind I figured out how to do the pic. But it's sideways I think.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(19-06-2014, 12:54 PM)peggy Wrote:  Thanks Jen! Smile

Ella or should I call you Dornröschen (Sleeping Beauty)? Tongue You need to trim your hair. Big Grin

TRIM??? Don't you mean total overhaul?? lol
I know Peggy I have this real "formal" do to go to tonight and having seen that although il blow dry my hair straight tonight you can tell how uneven it is. Im going to have to race up to a hairdresser after work and get them to even the bottoms out!!!

Yes Ella do it, you will feel better afterwards. Smile

@Imsoflat: Your hair is pretty.

Has anyone heard of this? http://www.suicidesevemonistat.blogspot.com

I recently chopped off my hair into a bob... It was down to just past my shoulder blades. Between the bleach and the addiction to teasing (I've been known to rock a few beehives) plus stress I decided on a whim to cut it and now I hate it. Partly because my mom drank wine and cut it so the back looks like a chicken butt, but also because I miss being able to pull it up so I'm looking to grow it out fast. Biotin gives me acne.

(22-06-2014, 11:13 PM)echapman Wrote:  Has anyone heard of this? http://www.suicidesevemonistat.blogspot.com

I recently chopped off my hair into a bob... It was down to just past my shoulder blades. Between the bleach and the addiction to teasing (I've been known to rock a few beehives) plus stress I decided on a whim to cut it and now I hate it. Partly because my mom drank wine and cut it so the back looks like a chicken butt, but also because I miss being able to pull it up so I'm looking to grow it out fast. Biotin gives me acne.

A year ago I got a pixie cut b/c my hair was damaged from bleach Sad the growing out process has been a pain. I've heard of the monistat treatments and I even bought some specifically for hair growth! It's just sitting there...on my shelf....because I'm too lazy to wash it out in the morning and I hate overnight treatments. But it does work.

Alternatively, for the last month I've been putting peppermint oil on my scalp 30 minutes before I shower and my hair grew a whole inch instead of a regular half inch for the month! It's also giving it more body and it hasn't been lying flat

Hair grows back, it'll be okay

<3

Peppermint oil is great because it gets blood flowing to your scalp so it causes more growth.

My hair already grows super quick, but if you've ever had a jacked up cut you know how grueling it is to grow it out. Especially when it's too short to pull up. All I can do is curl it under to hide where it's messed up, but I don't want to put heat on my hair every day!

I am going to buy the monistat this weekend and try it out. I may make a separate thread if anyone else wants to try it!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon