Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

bigger boobs but HORRIBLE period

so this is what my program looks like right now:

whole cycle - saw palmetto (prevent test from turning to DHT since i have peach fuzz and think this is elevated t)

period: days 1-7 dong quai, shatavari, PM
ovulation: days 8-21 maca, progesterone
post-ovulation: days 22-28 dong quai, shatavari, PM

basically just 2 weeks of each in rotation. I started with days 22-28 when i got the ainterol.

here's the good news: in just those two weeks my boobs blew up from about 37.5 inches to 39, my biggest ever! right before my period hit they just up and went BOOM. so i'm excited about that Big Grin let's hope it stays...

bad news: when that period hit me it was like a train at full speed. I feel so sick I can't even do anything when the cramps hit...

I've had awful, horrendous periods before but this is the first time it's been this bad in a while. plus i don't think the lack of sleep from my studies has helped me either. for now I'm just staying inside and resting now that my finals are over. my cycle is not irregular unless I am stressed, and i've been regular before and during nbe so I am not worried about that.

now I can't say if it's the pueraria, the saw palmetto or just my hormones or everything combined just happened to be in the wrong place in the wrong time.

can anyone advise on what else I can do about this terrible period?

the first thing I want to do is to leave a gap of no herbs for 1 week before period (instead of taking anything in days 22-28) to let my hormones 'reset' for my next cycle. if this bad period happens again the next month i'm going to start taking herbs out starting with ainterol since it's the newest one. unfortunately it may be the most effective too Sad

Try staying off PM for your period (and maybe a day or so before it's due)? I think oestrogenic herbs taken at that time can make it nasty.

I think its the pueraria m, there was another thread that showed pm doing something similar. It has to be estrogens causing it. Adjust the use of it?

Dong quai seems to work by improving mood, then possibly prolactin. Here is the safety sheet for dong quai http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drugi...l/936.html . It says dong quai is safe for short uses, but possibly unsafe for extended amounts and times, because it contains carcinogens. Ginseng during menstruation is a better alternative.

Add more lactogogues. Asparagus, thistle, and hops might reduce menstruation.

Thanks for the responses, I'll be taking your suggestions.

The period's over, but the boobs went with it Sad

On the bright side, my measurement is still north of 38, bigger than last month! So there must be something to this pueraria mirifica.
Rainbow 

my period went a little crazy at the start but it seems to be back to normal now c: I think it was just my body adjusting to it.

Here's a little update...

I started taking fish oil, vitamin D and K for my health and guess what... my period didn't come with severe cramps!

Boobs have stayed north of 39 inches and the period has been over for a week... is this a good sign?!?!

I normally hear of PM days 1-14 or a little less like 2-12 or etc. Then PC days 15-28. And I hear of problems with the period when using PM past day 15. Maybe it's a problem with timing? Might also be not enough PC or too much PM. And yeah you may be getting used to it and it could get better over time.

I was reading that PM should be taken after the period stops, the 5th or 7th day, not at the start of the period. I know that most sites states at the first and official webpages selling PM, and I was kind of surprised to read that it should be taken after the period, I wish I had the link to read it yourself.

this is what I do and I have no problems, my cycle is perfect and I see no side effects, on the contrary my periods are better, no bloating and my mood starting to get better as well.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon