Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I want to get my Hormone levels tested?

So I set up an appointment for this upcoming Friday to ask my doctor about getting my hormones tested because I feel like this would be very valuable information for me. I'm very worried they might deny me a test though, I've read a few girls saying their doctors denied them that for whatever reason. Have any of you had any trouble with this? Was it a simple matter or complicated? Sad
And I'm not even entirely sure what to tell him so that he'll take me seriously. Any advice please?

I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you. My doctor was really receptive because she said I have PCOS and was on BC and possibly have hirsutism and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe you could tell them that your period has been excruciatingly painful, and irregular, and you're extra moody and having the worst symptoms possible, and you want a test so you don't have to go through the trial and error stage of finding a BC pill, and you can just pick one that's gonna be good with you to start. If they then want to prescribe you a pill, ask the doctor to write out the script, not send it out, then just never fill it if you don't want. If you're already on the pill, say you don't want to keep changing to test and see and ask for the hormone panel so you can just pick a better pill to be on.

(24-02-2014, 03:26 PM)KardashianKurves Wrote:  I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you. My doctor was really receptive because she said I have PCOS and was on BC and possibly have hirsutism and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe you could tell them that your period has been excruciatingly painful, and irregular, and you're extra moody and having the worst symptoms possible, and you want a test so you don't have to go through the trial and error stage of finding a BC pill, and you can just pick one that's gonna be good with you to start. If they then want to prescribe you a pill, ask the doctor to write out the script, not send it out, then just never fill it if you don't want. If you're already on the pill, say you don't want to keep changing to test and see and ask for the hormone panel so you can just pick a better pill to be on.

I might ask about PCOS.
There are actually two women in my family who have it. I sometimes wonder if I might, but I'm not sure if I have enough symptoms. (like I don't have excessive hair or nor am I overweight, but I do have a hard time putting weight on and actually have thinning hair and some other stuff) Hopefully what's going on with me is not that, but yea. I guess I can maybe exaggerate a little in hopes he'll test me. Sad I just really want to know this stuff about my body.

(24-02-2014, 03:17 PM)EnjeruRei Wrote:  So I set up an appointment for this upcoming Friday to ask my doctor about getting my hormones tested because I feel like this would be very valuable information for me. I'm very worried they might deny me a test though, I've read a few girls saying their doctors denied them that for whatever reason. Have any of you had any trouble with this? Was it a simple matter or complicated? Sad
And I'm not even entirely sure what to tell him so that he'll take me seriously. Any advice please?

Tell the jackass your missing your period. That should do it. Works for me.

(24-02-2014, 04:58 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014, 03:17 PM)EnjeruRei Wrote:  So I set up an appointment for this upcoming Friday to ask my doctor about getting my hormones tested because I feel like this would be very valuable information for me. I'm very worried they might deny me a test though, I've read a few girls saying their doctors denied them that for whatever reason. Have any of you had any trouble with this? Was it a simple matter or complicated? Sad

Tell the jackass your missing your period. That should do it. Works for me.

Hahaha! Will do! Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon