Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek, maca and vitex.. Help!

(22-10-2014, 08:30 PM)AquaA Wrote:  
(22-10-2014, 07:04 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(22-10-2014, 02:12 PM)AquaA Wrote:  That's it for PM and me! Thought I'd take the capsules till I get the cream so I took it from day 4-8 of my cycle then started PC... So it's day 13 and I'm super bloated and I just started spotting! Not sure if it's spotting or yet again another anovulatory cycle. Never taking this shit again!!! I just got the cream delivered today and not sure what to do with it. It's not as potent and most people say it's useless so might just use it's a few cycles from now, when I balance my cycle. Ughhh

That doesn't sound good!
That's what scares me about herbs/all herbs now. What are we really introducing into our sytems Huh
Im no bloody expert esp with PM but isn't it said if you apply it to your skin it bypasses getting broken down in the stomach liver etc and is more potent.. I know theres room for debate there but the skin is our largest organ Sad id bin it personally
!

None of the reviews portrayed that, they all said it's weak and might've contributed a bit to their breast growth but wasn't a main component. The PM cream has other oils such as jojoba and avocado so that's why I'm assuming it's much weaker since it's not as concentrated as the capsule.
Ugh don't know why I even took the capsules after so many side affects before. Fenugreek, maca and PC have been giving me great results so far. Sticking to that!

I'm on fenu/maca but not pc cream. Maybe I should give it a go..
What type do you use? Is it the bio identical type?

I'm using sources nature PC
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000GFJJHY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1414019460&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

Been using it since March and it's definitely the best part of my program, didn't see any real growth till I added it

(23-10-2014, 12:12 AM)AquaA Wrote:  I'm using sources nature PC
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000GFJJHY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1414019460&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

Been using it since March and it's definitely the best part of my program, didn't see any real growth till I added it

Oh I have some of that. You know what though my bottle said "in the state of California this includes products known to cause cancer"
I mean wtf does that mean...

(23-10-2014, 12:14 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Oh I have some of that. You know what though my bottle said "in the state of California this includes products known to cause cancer"

It has methylparabens, so don't go out in the sun after applying PC's with this crap in it.

Methylparaben potentiates UV-induced damage of skin keratinocytes.

Abstract
For many years, methylparaben (MP) has been used as a preservative in cosmetics. In this study, we investigated the effects of ultraviolet-B (UVB) exposure on MP-treated human skin keratinocytes. HaCaT keratinocyte was cultured in MP-containing medium for 24h, exposed to UVB (15 or 30 mJ/cm(2)) and further cultured for another 24h. Subsequent cellular viability was quantified by MTT-based assay and cell death was qualified by fluorescent microscopy and flow cytometry. Oxidative stress, nitric oxide (NO) production and cellular lipid peroxidation were measured using fluorescent probes. In addition, activation of nuclear factor kappa B and activator protein-1 was assessed by electro-mobility gel-shift assay. Practical concentrations of MP (0.003%) had a little or no effect on cellular viability, oxidative stress, NO production, lipid peroxidation and activation of nuclear transcription factors in HaCaT keratinocytes. Low-dose UVB also had little or no effect on these parameters in HaCaT keratinocytes. However, UVB exposure significantly increased cell death, oxidative stress, NO production, lipid peroxidation and activation of transcription factors in MP-treated HaCaT keratinocytes. These results indicate that MP, which has been considered a safe preservative in cosmetics, may have harmful effects on human skin when exposed to sunlight.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16938376

(23-10-2014, 12:29 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(23-10-2014, 12:14 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

It has methylparabens, so don't go out in the sun after applying PC's with this crap in it.

Oh I see. The warnings not really the progesterone side of things. Oh well give them credit for that. With any luck maca should balance anyway.. or at least I choose to believe that..

On a weird turn of events I'm pimply today with quite sore bosoms and it's only day 14 of my cycle Huh oh and I'm quite emotional. Not normal for this time of my cycle..

Oh shit. I haven't been going out in the sun with it since I apply it on my boobs and my clothes always cover it. Lotus do you know a better PC brand that doesn't contain that?
I saw that warning but I've seen it on all PCs and my gyno prescribed synthetic PC for my low progesterone or the mini pill so I figured this would be much better than a synthetic one.

(23-10-2014, 01:06 AM)AquaA Wrote:  Oh shit. I haven't been going out in the sun with it since I apply it on my boobs and my clothes always cover it. Lotus do you know a better PC brand that doesn't contain that?
I saw that warning but I've seen it on all PCs and my gyno prescribed synthetic PC for my low progesterone or the mini pill so I figured this would be much better than a synthetic one.

It's not cheap, it's only 2oz compared to SC which comes in 4oz, its a good product, not greasy or smelly, goes on easily.

(Paraben-Free) Natural Progesterone Cream USP 1,000 Mg.
http://www.amazon.com/Paraben-Free-Natural-Progesterone-peri-menopause-menopause/dp/B00EB0AQA4/ref=pd_sim_hpc_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CQQAR2MMP577S2SN8AS

You could opt for avocados though.

(23-10-2014, 12:14 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  You know what though my bottle said "in the state of California this includes products known to cause cancer"

That statement is meaningless to the consumer. It's just there to prevent someone from suing the manufacturer under Proposition 65. The only defense against such a lawsuit is to either provide the statement or do a comprehensive analysis of every single batch proving that there is no detectable carcinogen. When I order supplements from iHerb they make me check a box acknowledging that I understand that everything I'm ordering may kill me.

Quote from the link:
Quote:The federal safety standard set by the FDA for lead in dietary supplements is no more than 10 ppm. International standards are often 5 ppm. But the Prop 65 “safe harbor” standard is 0.5 micrograms per day, meaning that a person may not be exposed to lead above this amount, for any product, without a Prop 65 warning. Setting aside the difficulties of translating this exposure level to a concentration level in a specific product, applying this standard to supplements means that lead content levels may need to be many times lower than federal levels, in order for a product to be sold without a Prop 65 warning. Above the “safe harbor” levels, a Prop 65 warning must be given to avoid lawsuits and potential liability. Similar “safe harbor” standards are set for over 800 other chemicals on the Prop 65 list.

(23-10-2014, 02:02 AM)Candace Wrote:  
(23-10-2014, 12:14 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  You know what though my bottle said "in the state of California this includes products known to cause cancer"

That statement is meaningless to the consumer. It's just there to prevent someone from suing the manufacturer under Proposition 65. The only defense against such a lawsuit is to either provide the statement or do a comprehensive analysis of every single batch proving that there is no detectable carcinogen. When I order supplements from iHerb they make me check a box acknowledging that I understand that everything I'm ordering may kill me.

Quote from the link:
Quote:The federal safety standard set by the FDA for lead in dietary supplements is no more than 10 ppm. International standards are often 5 ppm. But the Prop 65 “safe harbor” standard is 0.5 micrograms per day, meaning that a person may not be exposed to lead above this amount, for any product, without a Prop 65 warning. Setting aside the difficulties of translating this exposure level to a concentration level in a specific product, applying this standard to supplements means that lead content levels may need to be many times lower than federal levels, in order for a product to be sold without a Prop 65 warning. Above the “safe harbor” levels, a Prop 65 warning must be given to avoid lawsuits and potential liability. Similar “safe harbor” standards are set for over 800 other chemicals on the Prop 65 list.

Right,

I suppose the study and MP's are meaningless too.

(23-10-2014, 02:07 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Right,

I suppose the study and MP's are meaningless too.

Source Naturals PC doesn't appear to have MPs anymore.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon