Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Increasing prolactin?

so i've been doing some homework for NBE herbs and hormones and overall it's known that certain amounts of the lactation hormone prolactin is needed for breast growth in puberty on top of growth hormone and all that. most NBE routines seek to duplicate puberty and the natural menstrual cycle, and the effective ones have done so.

i know shatavari is supposedly related to increasing prolactin but are there any other herbs that do this too? not just increasing estrogen or progesterone? i've read elsewhere that fenugreek hasn't been proven to have any interaction with prolactin levels but may be a good adaptogen anyway. goat's rue, seems to be promising too.

also, please let me know if this is correct: prolactin levels should be high during the first half of the cycle when estrogen is high as estrogen and prolactin are going to be able to operate on those receptors. Progesterone during the second half blocks the effects of those hormones, so you should stop taking estrogenics during second half.

to put it simpler: boost just estrogen/prolactin in first half (after period starts), then boost just progesterone in the second (ovulation/~2 weeks after last period). lower testosterone the whole time. correct?

i know it varies between what every woman needs but i want to double check before i start buying and taking herbs and massaging for myself.

anyway thanks for reading! this forum is so knowledgeable.

my mistake. I didn't realize that prolactin and estrogen compete for the same receptors. apparently it's just estrogen vs progesterone+prolactin on each half of the cycle

Answer to a similar question here (except you may not have an imbalance): http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=17204&pid=91289#pid91289
Fenugreek, goat's rue and shatavari are similar to eachother.

Basically 40-125 mg vitex a day (and not more) increases prolactin and costs almost nothing. Buy 4 oz of loose powder and figure out a way to divide the tiny doses, like mixing it with something else. It'll last you 2 years. It's pretty weak so you can use it all month. Fenugreek, shatavari and/or goat's rue are good too for raising everything, including prolactin but not only prolactin.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon