Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Collagen Pointless?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what almost all professionals are saying, taking collagen either by consumption or externally has zero benefits. I have been reading a ton of your programs, and I know Chiyomilk took it, but I wonder if it's actually doing anything?

It looks like Chiyomilk now INJECTS the collagen directly into her breasts. Perhaps I read her blog wrong. I can dig back into it if anyone is curious. From what the pros are saying, injecting is the only way for it to actually be effective. Externally, our pores are too small for the collagen molecules to fit in. (http://online-skincare.blogspot.com/2010...-find.html]) Internally, the enzymes convert it to energy and it never actually makes it into our bloodstream. (http://www.prevention.com/beauty/beauty/...-help-skin)

I am asking all of this because OF COURSE I would want to take collagen if it works. But it seems like the only effective method is injection.

Would love people's thoughts!

Here is a link to Chiyomilk's currently updated blog: http://ikunyu.com/bustup/page/2?PHPSESSI...bdb86d3fb1 Scroll down to what she is taking. #4 says she uses Puroi and writes "inject into chest". Yikes! And here is a link to the product: http://www.store-mix.com/ko-bai/product.php?afid=8399664&pid=624961&oid=9772&hid=106490&aftype=pct12

Curious if any of you would have the balls to inject collagen into your breasts if it was proven to improve their appearance? I wonder if I would? Hmmmm.......

Pretty much... I mainly haven't rained on that parade mainly because it's really not HURTING anything either, and it does promote elasticity in the joints and stuff.

But yeah. For breasts... No collagen or gelatin does much of anything for our breasts. They can actually have A potential negative, throwing off our amino balance. But that's only if you're taking crazy amounts of it and not enough other protein sources. It does tend to ruin the "protein" of many "protein" bars though.

(21-09-2013, 06:41 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Pretty much... I mainly haven't rained on that parade mainly because it's really not HURTING anything either, and it does promote elasticity in the joints and stuff.

But yeah. For breasts... No collagen or gelatin does much of anything for our breasts. They can actually have A potential negative, throwing off our amino balance. But that's only if you're taking crazy amounts of it and not enough other protein sources. It does tend to ruin the "protein" of many "protein" bars though.

Thank you for a second opinion. Not gonna waste my money then. Boo! I really wish this could be as good as it sounds!

Nice to know. I was taking collagen mostly because I was following Chiyomilk's program (as everyone starts with copying someone's program and then learns from there what works for them and what doesn't), but honestly wasn't a huge fan of the collagen because of the inconvenience for how it needs to be taken (on an empty stomach, which I almost never have), and it did seem to overlap with the functions of MSM (but only MSM has more benefits). I never really bothered to research it much other than choosing the best collagen, but did come across that information (how taken internally never enters the bloodstream due to being turned to enzymes) a couple times. I have also understood that collagen will be used for all the more important features of one's body, as it helps with the joints first, then skin, nails, and then hair. It does not specifically target the skin of the breasts, obviously, and so one would expect to have to take a LOT of collagen before seeing any results in that location. But, I can understand why someone would want to take the collagen for the purpose of exact replication of Chiyomilk's program, as that is why I did it myself.

What may be an interesting experiment (which I DO plan on trying later) would be to use the dermaroller on the breast. This would be possibly a good alternative to taking collagen orally, topically, and via injection. So if you really do want to get the benefits of collagen specifically to the breasts, this may be something to try!

(21-09-2013, 05:55 PM)timarie Wrote:  Nice to know. I was taking collagen mostly because I was following Chiyomilk's program (as everyone starts with copying someone's program and then learns from there what works for them and what doesn't), but honestly wasn't a huge fan of the collagen because of the inconvenience for how it needs to be taken (on an empty stomach, which I almost never have), and it did seem to overlap with the functions of MSM (but only MSM has more benefits). I never really bothered to research it much other than choosing the best collagen, but did come across that information (how taken internally never enters the bloodstream due to being turned to enzymes) a couple times. I have also understood that collagen will be used for all the more important features of one's body, as it helps with the joints first, then skin, nails, and then hair. It does not specifically target the skin of the breasts, obviously, and so one would expect to have to take a LOT of collagen before seeing any results in that location. But, I can understand why someone would want to take the collagen for the purpose of exact replication of Chiyomilk's program, as that is why I did it myself.

What may be an interesting experiment (which I DO plan on trying later) would be to use the dermaroller on the breast. This would be possibly a good alternative to taking collagen orally, topically, and via injection. So if you really do want to get the benefits of collagen specifically to the breasts, this may be something to try!

I do not know what the dermaroller is yet. I will have to look into it!

(22-09-2013, 10:36 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  I do not know what the dermaroller is yet. I will have to look into it!

Tons of acupuncture needles on a roller pin. Essentially.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon