Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Spearmint Tea - Reduce Testosterone, Increase Estrogen?

Thank you ladys for sharing, I really appreciate it !

Have you been noticing results?

(06-07-2013, 02:13 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  Just make sure what your buying is Mentha Spicata. (spearmint)
I use the Tao of Tea brand and literally chew a teaspoon everyday; it breaks down much quicker if you start the digestion process in your mouth.

@abiDrew,
Were you able to find any fresh spearmint locally?

I haven't actually even looked. Between finding the bulk dried option and the fact that I have at least 4 months or so before I really need to think about it again... Almost 5 really. Doesn't take but 3 business days for my Swanson's orders to reach me and I doubt it'd take all that long for the bulk either. A week at the outset and that's if they insist on using the Snail. Both the Expense and the Turd tend to get here within three days from pretty much most of the country.

(06-07-2013, 04:53 AM)lil_babyxoxo Wrote:  Thank you ladys for sharing, I really appreciate it !

You've gotta bear in mind for me that I'm a TS... And naturally hirsute even by male standards. There was a time where there really wasn't an inch on my body that didn't grow coarse nasty dark hairs...

I think part of my problem was also my thyroid. Which I only REALLY started taking care of this month.

So... That said...

Yes. But you'd hardly notice it as an outside observer.

I actually have a whole region of my back that's reverted to vellus hairs, and my arms and legs have noticeably thinned, though there's still not an entire inch on either of them free of terminal hairs.

Additionally, it's noticeably slowed down. I can actually tame it with daily shaving instead of having noticeable stubble within 12 hours. Shaving actually lasts for about 36 hours on arms and legs.

So, for me, it has definitely qualified as a "miracle". But if you have hirsutism and thinking it'll get rid of your hirsutism completely, have another think. It'll mitigate and control, but not eliminate.

I've never had bad acne, so I can't comment on that aspect of excess androgens. I think I just don't have the bacteria for it. I do breakout in milia and such occasionally, and I haven't had a serious breakout of whiteheads or blackheads since I started using spearmint.

(06-07-2013, 10:58 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(06-07-2013, 04:53 AM)lil_babyxoxo Wrote:  Thank you ladys for sharing, I really appreciate it !

You've gotta bear in mind for me that I'm a TS... And naturally hirsute even by male standards. There was a time where there really wasn't an inch on my body that didn't grow coarse nasty dark hairs...

I think part of my problem was also my thyroid. Which I only REALLY started taking care of this month.

So... That said...

Yes. But you'd hardly notice it as an outside observer.

I actually have a whole region of my back that's reverted to vellus hairs, and my arms and legs have noticeably thinned, though there's still not an entire inch on either of them free of terminal hairs.

Additionally, it's noticeably slowed down. I can actually tame it with daily shaving instead of having noticeable stubble within 12 hours. Shaving actually lasts for about 36 hours on arms and legs.

So, for me, it has definitely qualified as a "miracle". But if you have hirsutism and thinking it'll get rid of your hirsutism completely, have another think. It'll mitigate and control, but not eliminate.

I've never had bad acne, so I can't comment on that aspect of excess androgens. I think I just don't have the bacteria for it. I do breakout in milia and such occasionally, and I haven't had a serious breakout of whiteheads or blackheads since I started using spearmint.

Thank you so much for the info! I have been drinking spearmint tea for about 2-3 months now and i haven't really noticed a difference... I drink 1 to 2 cups a day but i went a few days without drinking any at all..that could be why..

Welcome! Report back and let us know if you make any progress. Smile

(06-07-2013, 10:46 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(06-07-2013, 02:13 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  Just make sure what your buying is Mentha Spicata. (spearmint)
I use the Tao of Tea brand and literally chew a teaspoon everyday; it breaks down much quicker if you start the digestion process in your mouth.

@abiDrew,

I haven't actually even looked. Between finding the bulk dried option and the fact that I have at least 4 months or so before I really need to think about it again... Almost 5 really. Doesn't take but 3 business days for my Swanson's orders to reach me and I doubt it'd take all that long for the bulk either. A week at the outset and that's if they insist on using the Snail. Both the Expense and the Turd tend to get here within three days from pretty much most of the country.

When I buy the dried leaves off Amazon it only takes 2 days but Ive got amazon prime for students, so I couldn't tell you how long it takes for shipping.
When you mention "turd" above... what do you mean? I can only think of one thing, and mailing it makes no sense. lolz
Rainbow 

I've been drinking the tea and I totally feel ya on how hard it can be to convince yourself to drink hot tea all the time! But I just wanted to add that the way you make the yea might have an impact. The original studies on this were done in Turkey, and my boyfriend is from that region. He says they make tea using a LOT of whole leaf, fresh mint. Seriously he would take whole handfuls, stem and all and dump them into boiling water. He also say to boil it for at least 10 min at a roiling boil! They do this to get the minty flavor obviously, but I think that it also may have an impact on what chemicals are leached from the leaves.

So anyways, I'm obviously not following all these directives because I don't have a ton of time and fresh mint leaves. But I do try to boil them a lot longer. I may switch to supplements too! Let me know how that goes for you all.

Oh! and here's a nice research abstract about the original study if you want to check it out: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19585478

(07-07-2013, 06:33 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  
(06-07-2013, 10:46 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  

@abiDrew,

When I buy the dried leaves off Amazon it only takes 2 days but Ive got amazon prime for students, so I couldn't tell you how long it takes for shipping.
When you mention "turd" above... what do you mean? I can only think of one thing, and mailing it makes no sense. lolz

LOL. Well, the "Snail" is obviously the postal service, the "Expense" is FedEx, coming from a pun on the "Federal Express" name and the fact they tend to be the most expensive parcel service, and the "Turd" is in reference to the lattermost parcel service's uniform and their trucks... UPS. Big Brown Turd. LOL. I know... dirty joke... They're all kinda mean-spirited jokes, but... Gotta admit, they are deserved...

(07-07-2013, 04:30 PM)jsbelle Wrote:  I've been drinking the tea and I totally feel ya on how hard it can be to convince yourself to drink hot tea all the time! But I just wanted to add that the way you make the yea might have an impact. The original studies on this were done in Turkey, and my boyfriend is from that region. He says they make tea using a LOT of whole leaf, fresh mint. Seriously he would take whole handfuls, stem and all and dump them into boiling water. He also say to boil it for at least 10 min at a roiling boil! They do this to get the minty flavor obviously, but I think that it also may have an impact on what chemicals are leached from the leaves.

So anyways, I'm obviously not following all these directives because I don't have a ton of time and fresh mint leaves. But I do try to boil them a lot longer. I may switch to supplements too! Let me know how that goes for you all.

Oh! and here's a nice research abstract about the original study if you want to check it out: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19585478

Thank you so much for tips I really appreciate it Smile

I'll look at the website and if I do decide to try the capsules I'll let you know how it goes Smile

Thank you

(07-07-2013, 07:14 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  LOL. Well, the "Snail" is obviously the postal service, the "Expense" is FedEx, coming from a pun on the "Federal Express" name and the fact they tend to be the most expensive parcel service, and the "Turd" is in reference to the lattermost parcel service's uniform and their trucks... UPS. Big Brown Turd. LOL. I know... dirty joke... They're all kinda mean-spirited jokes, but... Gotta admit, they are deserved...

OMG. I'm rolling! hahaTongue I feel like Ive been let in on a huge secret. I have to say, your hierarchy of sucky mail service is pretty accurate. Ironicly enough, fedex/Expense is the one I have the most issues with. Dodgy

Thanks for the lolz!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon