Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ovulation Suppression? Anyone tried this for NBE?

Ive been reading up on this process. Here's a link that explains it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdV8QynBlT0

Basically, You trick your body into thinking you're pregnant using PC and skipping ovulation. This method is supposed to be helpful to PCOS or estrogen dominant women.

To my understanding, estrogen dominance can causes more DHT production and possibly shrink the breasts. That's why some women have reported breast shrinkage while taking PM. Anyway, progesterone is mostly responsible for breast increase in pregnant women. I'm wondering if ovulation suppression could be helpful to NBE and if anyone has tried it.

Thanks Ladies! Shy

I wish I could try that.... lol .. I thought Prolactin was the hormone responsible for breast growth and eventually lactating in pregnant women...

For my two cents worth, and I'm not trying to be mean in any way, breast growth is generally due to healthy hormone levels and balance. Tricking or forcing your body to skip ovulation is the opposite of what it's naturally supposed to do. Yes, pregnant women's breasts grow during pregnancy, but that's because they're getting ready to feed another human. When they are no longer pregnant, even if they never breast feed, most women lose that volume anway. Birth control stops ovulation and periods, but they also come with many health risks. Period tampering is just risky imo. It's your body, and your call to make, but if I were you I don't think I would mess with my cycle.

Karren-
From what Ive read, progesterone is responsible for the formation of the glands then prolactin works in tandem with estrogen to store fat in these glands. However, Prolactin mainly contributes to milk production, which is usually just swelling. But really... all these hormones are necessary for NBE some more than others depending on the individual. Trial and error. Rolleyes

(19-06-2013, 09:51 PM)Jussiea Wrote:  For my two cents worth, and I'm not trying to be mean in any way, breast growth is generally due to healthy hormone levels and balance. Tricking or forcing your body to skip ovulation is the opposite of what it's naturally supposed to do.

I dont mean to be snarky, but isn't that what we are all essentially doing? We ARE tricking our bodies because we don't have healthy/proper hormone production, therefore herbs and such are used to mimic hormones to get the desired results that we want. We've established on this site that Progesterone is awesome,Smile and most of us a severely lacking it. Sad

Dr. John Lee (Hormone Doctor Extraordinaire lolz) is the person who recommends this method and according to him its very safe. Ovulation suppression mainly deals with infertility issues caused by estrogen dominance or PCOS. (Which is what most of us on here suffer from) This method is used to cure it along with a better diet. As the video explained, this isn't something you do indefinitely; just long enough to get progesterone to better levels, and metabolize excess estrogen and testosterone. (Which results in regular periods and helps with PMS) Its also been known to help with acne too. So that's pretty niffy.
Anyways I'm not concerned with safety; its totally safe and many women have cured there PCOS and infertility issues. I'm just interested if anyone has tried it for specifically for NBE.

My little engineer brain always trys to simplify things but when it comes to the body that's probably a bad assumptions! lol

Probably not a good idea to make assumption especially when dealing with touchy hormones, can't blame you for trying though. Tongue I wish it could be simple! I wish someone would just tell me exactly what I need to get the results I want. I don't know about you but I'm always second guessing myself. Seriously, choosing a brand of toothpaste is a task. lolz
A lot can be learned from this site and the opinions, experiences, and research that is shared is incredible; I'm sure after awhile we will be able to simplify our problems from all the knowledge gained. Big Grin

Way too many variables and not enough equations! and I so hate choosing toothpaste! Why don't they just make one that does everything? lol

I think there's some validity to this. I'm with the notion. I have been doing this and didn't even realize it. Thanks Kaitlyn! I was wondering why my menses were a week late every time recently.

I had an annovulatory cycle and my boobs did look lovely, but the next cycle it all went away. Same thing with being pregnant - the progesterone gives swelling but it's not real growth. It goes away after pregnancy. If it didn't, I wouldn't be on this site Tongue

Tibetan-
I'm glad that the method we're doing actually has some research be hide it.
But still, high fives for happy accidents. Cool
Since April Ive used PC in tandem with PM and saw some results but I had headaches and dry eyes... so I was still estrogen dominant. This last month Ive used only PC, and all those nasty symptoms are gone. My skin has been clearer too!

Summer glow-
Ive read that swelling goes down because of the decrease in prolactin. My sister grew a cup size and it stuck after she was done breast feeding; I had her on a diet plan and doing exercises though so I'm sure it just depends on the individual. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon