Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Flax Oil or Whole Seeds??

Rainbow 

I'm wanting to add flax to my program. Just wondering if any one has any thoughts/experience on massaging with flax oil, taking a flax oil capsule, or taking ground flax meal (whole seed) as part of your diet? I'm just wondering because I'm on a pretty tight budget so I'd love to know your thoughts before I start experimenting!

If I'm not mistaken flaxseed oil doesn't contain the estrogenic effect and whole seeds have a shell that can't easily be broken down in the body (but is good fiber), thus the whole seed won't be digested/absorbed.

If you are wanting something to massage with then I don't think the oil matters as long as it's a healthy oil. However if you want the estrogenic effect then you need to eat either broken flax seeds or cold milled flax meal (I read heat can destroy some of the properties). You can still buy the whole seeds if that is cheaper and grind them yourself in a coffee grinder.

I tried broken flax seeds myself for a while and personally found it hard to consume as such. The taste is not bad, just a light nutty taste, but a spoonful of it is a very dry and boring chew. I found it easier to mix them in some yogurt and not chew them, but that wasn't something I normally ate every day and I found it a bit of a nuisance to have to include an extra snack every day when on a diet.
I would guess since the nutty flavor is mild, you could easily mix any amount of ground flax to almost any liquid or semi-liquid, even stuff like mashed potatoes.

Thanks Lycaryth! I was definitely planning to grind the seeds first Big Grin Since I'm already massaging I was thinking that using the oil might be least amount of additional effort ( I sound so lazy Tongue)

Did you see any effect with the ground flax? I was thinking the same thing that you said -- that using the whole ground flax would have a greater effect, but I remember reading that Emily Loretta and some other people got results from just the oil....

Do you think it would be an "overdose" to use both oil for massage and taking ground flax?

(20-05-2013, 08:07 PM)jsbelle Wrote:  I'm wanting to add flax to my program. Just wondering if any one has any thoughts/experience on massaging with flax oil, taking a flax oil capsule, or taking ground flax meal (whole seed) as part of your diet? I'm just wondering because I'm on a pretty tight budget so I'd love to know your thoughts before I start experimenting!

I'm not sure about how flax impacts a NBE regimen, but I do consume flax on a nearly every other day basis and have found the easiest way to consume it is by mixing whole flax seeds in my morning smoothie before I blend it. The blender grinds it down along with the ice and fruit making it soooo much easier to consume (no chewing, just drinking Big Grin ).

I didn't get results, but only used it for a week or 2. It was all I could get on a tight budget as well. I didn't have a way to grind them and no food already in my daily diet to add the broken flax seeds to so it ended up being a chore to add to my regime (yeah, I'm lazy too, Rolleyes )

I read somewhere on this forum about a girl who got growth eating flax seeds everyday by adding them to every meal she ate, so don't stop on my account! I stopped cause I found a cheap herb website that accepted my bank card and went with some herbs with additional benefits I liked.
Health stores are such a rip-off Dodgy

You can use both oil and ground flax together, not seeing any overdose limit on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flax#Flax_seeds
Ground flaxseed can go rancid though, so don't grind too much at once and refrigerate your stash! Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon