Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Flavoring and ingestion suggestions?

I ordered some herbs online and went with powdered but loose herbs. Capsule versions are 10 times the price for the same volume so I figure I'll use a food scale to measure out correct amounts.
I'll then dissolve it in water or tea and deal with taste if I have to, but was hoping to get some suggestions as I read fenugreek in particular tastes nasty to some people...
The herbs I'm getting are fenugreek, saw palmetto and monk's pepper.

Do you dissolve your dry herbs in oil or water to ingest them?
I understand coconut oil can be quite tasty if oil is the way to go and I'm guessing tea or essential oils may mask bad tastes too, though I fear hot water may enhance bad taste in case of tea. I currently have some peppermint essential oil I could use for flavoring. The only other thing I can think of is yoghurt.
I'm on a low carb diet at the moment so a spoonful of peanut butter, nutella or speculoos is a nono!! (We all know it never stops at one spoonful)

Does anyone have any suggestions or specific flavors that mask well? Or know any ways that dont work or make it worse so I can skip trying them??
I'd rather not be my own guinea pig if someone out there already did the work! Big Grin Big Grin

Yay! Herbs arrived!
I smelled each of them, fenugreek smells like a normal cooking spice and monk's pepper (I think it's called vitex on this forum?) smells spicy but saw palmetto smells nasty Angry

I think all in all it would take too much oil to mix it all to swallow that way, which means it would overpower yogurt too... I think after dinner tonight I'll mix a dose and try warm water, hoping the mix will make for an 'interesting' flavor. If I can't stomach it I'll try adding either sweetener or essential oil Huh
I pray I can find a tasty mix.

Huh
cold water: smells and tastes bad, not dissolving well
warm water: same only it helped the herbs dissolve
added sweetners: didnt make much of a difference
I finally added some peppermind essential oil, knowing it wouldnt mix right... if I stir and quickly drink some it masks the taste but not the aftertaste which is still horrible Angry
Saw palmetto smells and tastes almost acidic, it kinda reminds me of puke SadSadSadSad

There is no way I can down this every day Angry

Yep. Saw palmetto is acidic... And they are definitely quite nasty.

If you're going to get loose herb, invest in a capsule maker and capsules and encapsulate them yourself.

It's really the only way you're going to get yourself to take these things...

Sadly buying them capsuled is about 15 bucks for 30 to 50 grams worth of pills while loose I got 100 grams for 3 euros... I may consider buying a capsule maker in the future but I can't quite afford to right now so I will have to make due as I would hate to just waste the stuff.

I tried drinking it through a straw today to maybe bypass the taste buds but in the end just plain holding my nose while I drink the nasty stuff + a chaser seems to get rid of everything except a vague notion and a bit of an aftertaste kick.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon