Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can I bring PM into Europe with me?

Question 

I'm Canadian and will be traveling to Europe from end of May to mid-June. Will I have any problems bringing my bottle of PM into England or anywhere else in Europe? It will be the powder form in its original container.

And will I have any problems bringing it back into Canada?

Huh

I would say it is probably OK. However if you want to be sure. Countries will typically have a customs website that states exactly what is banned.

I would say that it would be fine as well, just don't take it in your carry-on luggage.

That being said my mom just got busted for trying to bring Maple Syrup and Cheez Wiz in her carry-on luggage when she traveled from Vancouver to Sydney hahaha. I guess Cheez Whiz is considered a liquid? Bleh.

Oh and I was questioned about some melatonin pills I took with me from Spain to Vancouver but I have dual citizenship and travel a lot so I always have a hard time at airports... The pills were in a clear plastic case, not the original packaging, so I assume this is why they stopped me. In any case they let me go after a couple of hours - no big deal.

You could always call the airline beforehand to make sure it's alright.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! I'll be heading to Europe in January with my PM too : )).

Being from Australia. They don't allow any dairy. They don't allow any dairy/meat/fruit products. Because Australia doesn't have many of the worlds bacteria/insects etc which affect food production and they want to keep it that way.

(03-05-2013, 07:43 AM)why.not Wrote:  I would say that it would be fine as well, just don't take it in your carry-on luggage.

That being said my mom just got busted for trying to bring Maple Syrup and Cheez Wiz in her carry-on luggage when she traveled from Vancouver to Sydney hahaha. I guess Cheez Whiz is considered a liquid? Bleh.

Oh and I was questioned about some melatonin pills I took with me from Spain to Vancouver but I have dual citizenship and travel a lot so I always have a hard time at airports... The pills were in a clear plastic case, not the original packaging, so I assume this is why they stopped me. In any case they let me go after a couple of hours - no big deal.

You could always call the airline beforehand to make sure it's alright.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! I'll be heading to Europe in January with my PM too : )).

Cheese whiz a liquid too funny Tongue So do you have dual Canadian and Euro citizenship? I wish I had Euro!

(03-05-2013, 12:00 PM)jiberish Wrote:  Being from Australia. They don't allow any dairy. They don't allow any dairy/meat/fruit products. Because Australia doesn't have many of the worlds bacteria/insects etc which affect food production and they want to keep it that way.

Yeah, I've been watching, 'Border Security: Australia's Frontline' and I can see how people try to bring in all sorts of crazy things.

We also have our version 'Border Security: Canada's Frontline' but I like the Australian one better maybe because of the cool Aussie accents?

(03-05-2013, 12:00 PM)jiberish Wrote:  Being from Australia. They don't allow any dairy. They don't allow any dairy/meat/fruit products. Because Australia doesn't have many of the worlds bacteria/insects etc which affect food production and they want to keep it that way.

Totally understandable but Cheez Whiz is more like chemical goo than food in any case Big Grin

I would not envision any problems at all. It is a herbal product so as long as you don't carry it on and put it your checked luggage, should be fine. I can say this being Irish and frequently travelling in the EU and never had any problems with vitamins/herbs. Re. Australia, I love that border control program, I don't feel sorry for any of the people caught. A very detailed list of things not acceptable to enter the Country are furnished to people before entering the Country and many people try to pull the 'stupid' or 'ignorant' card. The custom staff seem to have the patience of Saints and remain firm but fair.

(03-05-2013, 05:01 PM)Blue-footed Booby Wrote:  Cheese whiz a liquid too funny Tongue So do you have dual Canadian and Euro citizenship? I wish I had Euro!

Yeah both UK & Canadian : )) Soooo lucky because I can work and study there with ease - I plan on moving permanently as of January. Where are you traveling to in Europe?

(03-05-2013, 09:59 PM)why.not Wrote:  Yeah both UK & Canadian : )) Soooo lucky because I can work and study there with ease - I plan on moving permanently as of January. Where are you traveling to in Europe?

I'll be in London then I'll see which place takes my fancy - perhaps Prague or Vienna ;-)
then back to London for a few days before my return flight to Canada.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon