Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek Tea

I have just started making Fenugreek tea using the seeds you can buy for cooking.

I have been steeping them, I was wondering if there is any use left in the seeds after you have strained and drunk the tea, for example, would they be useful to grind to a paste/powder and put into a cream? Or will all the goodness have already infused with the water which you then drink in the teas?

Also, how long should you steep them for? I saw one website say 5 - 20 minutes, and others say overnight/many hours?

I have been wondering the same thing. I regularly have FG in my food, we Indians love this spice! Wink I also read that the seeds need to be soaked overnight. But any further information would be helpful. Smile

I usually steep them overnight and drink it on an empty stomach the morning after. But when i forget to steep it the night before, i boil a tsp of seeds with a glass of water, strain, cool and drink it. I read somewhere that the soaked seeds could be ground to a paste and applied along with an oil (for easy application) to the scalp to help against hair fall, strength, length etc. So im thinking the paste would work well topically too when applied with a cream/oil to the breasts as well.

Still got to try it though. A few members on the forum mentioned applying fenugreek based products at night if the smell gets overpowering and wash off in the shower, next morning. Shall try it tonight and update here.

Ive got to mention that i did try massaging with fenugreek powder and an Vit E oil previously and it did give me tingles....So it should work!

(19-02-2013, 09:00 AM)Sunshinerayz Wrote:  I usually steep them overnight and drink it on an empty stomach the morning after. But when i forget to steep it the night before, i boil a tsp of seeds with a glass of water, strain, cool and drink it. I read somewhere that the soaked seeds could be ground to a paste and applied along with an oil (for easy application) to the scalp to help against hair fall, strength, length etc. So im thinking the paste would work well topically too when applied with a cream/oil to the breasts as well.

Still got to try it though. A few members on the forum mentioned applying fenugreek based products at night if the smell gets overpowering and wash off in the shower, next morning. Shall try it tonight and update here.

Ive got to mention that i did try massaging with fenugreek powder and an Vit E oil previously and it did give me tingles....So it should work!

Will the paste one gets from grinding the seeds be useful?? I am asking because it might not get absorbed much by the skin, and even less so with cream/oil added to it. Is that right? But then again, can't hurt to try! Big Grin

And I have never noticed any smell, even thought FG is a regular part of my diet, or maybe because of it I have become desensitized to the smell!! Tongue

You might be desensitized to the smell because I think it's quite strong! lol Not a bad smell at all - I rather like it - but I'd imagine it's quite strong no matter the form. I've only experienced FG as a tea and liquid extract, so my exposure is somewhat limited I suppose. :p

Yes, maybe I am desensitized to the smell, since I have never noticed myself, or others, smelling like anything which might be related to FG. Tongue Though I will have to see if it changes if I actively start using FG capsules or tea for NBE.

You do have a point, perhaps adding the soaked seeds to an oil after grinding to a paste may not be as quickly effective as taking other herbal supplements. But i did try it today and mixed it with canola and coconut oil (didnt hav anything else! though ive heard flaxseed oil is really good) to mask the smell. And it was amazing, easy to apply and i did feel a slight achiness as well. I kept it on for an hour and washed it off. Its messy but if you have the time and dont mind the mess it causes, i think you'll reap the beenfits over time Smile

And im an indian too, so yes we do use a lot of FG in our diets, spice mixes etc. so probably dont notice/ mind the smell much....

Do update and tell us what you tried? And all the best .....yay for booby greed!Big Grin

(20-02-2013, 09:49 AM)Sunshinerayz Wrote:  You do have a point, perhaps adding the soaked seeds to an oil after grinding to a paste may not be as quickly effective as taking other herbal supplements. But i did try it today and mixed it with canola and coconut oil (didnt hav anything else! though ive heard flaxseed oil is really good) to mask the smell. And it was amazing, easy to apply and i did feel a slight achiness as well. I kept it on for an hour and washed it off. Its messy but if you have the time and dont mind the mess it causes, i think you'll reap the beenfits over time Smile

And im an indian too, so yes we do use a lot of FG in our diets, spice mixes etc. so probably dont notice/ mind the smell much....

Do update and tell us what you tried? And all the best .....yay for booby greed!Big Grin

Hey, it's so nice to meet a fellow Indian here. Big Grin And yes, you gete my point about not noticing the smell. Right now I am not doing anything other than massaging with a herbal oil, and listening to RMR, occasionally.

I am currently doing a lot of reasearch and trying to form my own program. As soon as I make a decision, I'll put it up on the boards for other members' opinions. They provide really great advice! Big Grin

I would love to know about your ideas as well!

Cheers, and good luck!

Hi everyone Smile

Does the Fenugreek tea cause lactation? Is anyone who isn't breast feeding or has never been pregnant experiencing this problem??

Let me know Smile

(22-02-2013, 06:41 PM)kouklitsa Wrote:  Hi everyone Smile

Does the Fenugreek tea cause lactation? Is anyone who isn't breast feeding or has never been pregnant experiencing this problem??

Let me know Smile

I've never been pregnant or breast fed, && I haven't experienced any lactation thus far (thankfully!) I was a little worried about that as well, lol. I've been drinking the tea for about a week now (2x-3x per day), so it's going pretty well so far. ^^

I definitely feel the swelling and I've experienced some hormonal issues - mood swings, more emotional (I cried like 3 times today, lol), a bit more irritable than usual... I think it's the extra estrogen I'm getting! xD

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon