Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Just got my hormone test results!

Thumbs Up 

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

So here are the results:
Testosterone, Serum = 18 ng/DL
Free Testosterone = <0.2 pg/mL

LH = 7.1 miU/mL

FSH = 5.3 miU/mL

Prolactin = 8.8 ng/mL

Estradiol = 44.9 pg/mL

Estrogens, Total = 85 pg/mL

So what does this all mean in terms of starting a NBE program?

PS: Blood was drawn on 8th day.

Good news is your estrogens are already very normal, right smack mid-range for that time in your cycle. Your T is also pretty good. Didn't get your P results?

It's still usually a good idea to do it at least three times during your cycle, to get a good idea of what range you're hitting.

It'd also be quite nice to know your P... that'd be progesterone.

Most likely this means you could use just about any plan that would raise estrogen and progesterone in good balance. Personally, I'd suggest just PM and PC as needed. Slowly ramp up each month, of course. Maybe leave out the PC altogether at first, but have it close at hand so you can add it as soon as you start going estrogen dominant for too much of your cycle.

Wooohoo! Big Grin

I thought it was odd that it didn't include progesterone, but I've tripled-checked it. So once I begin a program, how often should I get my levels checked? Also, does the current shape of my breasts influence what program I should implement?

Thanks for the speedy response!

(12-10-2012, 03:33 AM)thabaddestbitch Wrote:  Wooohoo! Big Grin

I thought it was odd that it didn't include progesterone, but I've tripled-checked it. So once I begin a program, how often should I get my levels checked? Also, does the current shape of my breasts influence what program I should implement?

Thanks for the speedy response!

Frequency:

Doesn't really matter that much, especially if you aren't getting progesterone checked. You're just as stuck as someone not getting tested at all on the guessing game of where your E/P balance is. Based on these numbers though, I'd suspect you're pretty much balanced right now starting out.

Shape:

I don't believe this really matters much. For the most part, shape is genetic, about the only thing hormonal about it is that if you have really saggy breasts it is possible you have too much progesterone. But again, from your levels I kind of doubt you'd have hormonally based sagging breasts.

Other thoughts:

I'm not entirely sure on what is "best" in terms of cycling, but you'll most likely want to cycle unless you are on a BCP that causes you not to have a period. What this means is to up your dose at peak times, and go off entirely at low times. Some girls do like 2 weeks on, starting right after their period, while others try to aim for the actual peaks and valleys perfectly.

There's plenty of threads around with ideas about both and some link to the female reproductive cycle if you are unfamiliar with it.

What PC would you recommend? Would you recommend wild yams for the second half of the cycle? I'm more or less familiar with the cycle. If I understood correctly, I take PM for the first half, and then PC or anything to regulate progesterone for the second half?

Also, would you recommend cutting out caffeine? I've been drinking coffee (it's sort of a cuban tradition) every morning since I was 12. I don't smoke.

(12-10-2012, 06:06 PM)thabaddestbitch Wrote:  What PC would you recommend? Would you recommend wild yams for the second half of the cycle? I'm more or less familiar with the cycle. If I understood correctly, I take PM for the first half, and then PC or anything to regulate progesterone for the second half?

Also, would you recommend cutting out caffeine? I've been drinking coffee (it's sort of a cuban tradition) every morning since I was 12. I don't smoke.

Wild yam is pointless. It does nothing inside the body as far as NBE goes.

Whoever started that rumor that caffeine causes breast growth problems was jacked up on something. Caffeine should have absolutely no interactions with anything other than that it helps almost everything it's used with to absorb more quickly into your bloodstream. It's also a stimulant, obviously, but that's completely unrelated to the subject at hand. Being a stimulant, however, as many stimulants are wont to be, it is an extremely effective "carrier" chemical. Meaning it helps absorption.

The cycle is actually slightly more complex than that, lol. There's two points in your cycle where both P and E should be elevated, the first such E should be dominant, the second, P should be dominant, and there's also a point where they're both extremely low. Please search the forums for it, I don't really want to look for and repost it. It's not something that affects me, so I don't just know it off hand.

As for a good PC... the one I'm using is: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-p...9-ml-cream

Several girls are using: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/source-na...4-oz-cream

These are both good creams, at good prices.

If you can't find those ones, look for a cream with similar ingredients lists. The primary thing to look out for is that you have sufficient USP Progesterone, which is 500mg per ounce.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon