Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

AshleyHumphries Program

I changed my name out of being scared that someone would recognize my name. It's now this one

Sad to report it seems I have no growth this month. So frustrating at times to not understand what I am doing wrong. Especially after doing a hormone test. I guess I need to just be more patient.

I am still doing
PM 1000mg daily
Progesterone cream 2x daily 1/4 tsp

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I seem to have low hormones across the board- progesterone, estrogen and testosterone. I feel it is because I take a birth control pill

Adding Wendi's hypnosis program, so far I like her voice and the fact that each session is about 5 min (morning) and 10-15 at night. I don't have much free time so that is very helpful.

I have been better about noogling lately, I didn't do it for quite a while.

If you're already taking a birth control pill than you might have high artificial hormones even while your natural hormones are low. There's a chance that you're overloading receptors, and you might already have excess progesterone. When did you last have your hormones tested and how long have you been taking the PC? When you say that your hormones are low, are they in the low end of normal, or are they genuinely deficient?

(08-11-2012, 09:30 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  If you're already taking a birth control pill than you might have high artificial hormones even while your natural hormones are low. There's a chance that you're overloading receptors, and you might already have excess progesterone. When did you last have your hormones tested and how long have you been taking the PC? When you say that your hormones are low, are they in the low end of normal, or are they genuinely deficient?

Yeah, the scary thing is, if you get off of the pill suddenly, your body's hormone out put will be low and your breasts may shrink. So titrate off slowly (in the future if you plan on getting off).

I wouldn't be on BC for years with out breaks inbetween, its one effective way to become sterile.

I got my hormones tested about a month and a half ago, off all NBE but was still on my progesterone only BC pill. I am genuinely deficient on progesterone, a little low on testosterone (right on line of too low) and a little low on estrogen. My estrogen is higher than progesterone (ratio wise)
I took PC for two weeks on, one week off and now back on for two weeks. I do not cycle PM at all.

You might want to try stopping the PC and taking only PM for a while. Your natural progesterone is low, but that's only because the progestins in your BC have replaced it. For all I know, your over all "progesterone load" might be higher than it was back when your natural progesterone was at a normal level. It's hard to say, because progestins can behave very differently from real progesterone.

Are you getting any estrogen dominance symptoms? If not, than the progestins might be doing a decent job at balancing your estrogen on their own. BC causes lowered hormones by raising SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin). SHBG binds up natural hormones making them inactive, especially testosterone. If you want to lower SHBG you could try taking fish oil and/or wild oat extract. Keep in mind that wild oat takes 6 weeks of constant use to build up in the body to the point that it can actually start to work.

I have never actually thought about everything you just said. Thanks for the advice, I feel that you are right. I never experienced any estrogen dominance symptoms, I just assumed that I should take PC based off of my true levels (not considering what the progestin pill would be contributing without showing up on the tests.)

I have gotten daily tingles and shooting pains for the past month with no growth, I wonder if my having too much progesterone is suppressing the growth from actually happening.

Thank you mochaccino. I'll definitely try a few months without pc

(09-11-2012, 12:23 AM)mochaccino Wrote:  You might want to try stopping the PC and taking only PM for a while. Your natural progesterone is low, but that's only because the progestins in your BC have replaced it. For all I know, your over all "progesterone load" might be higher than it was back when your natural progesterone was at a normal level. It's hard to say, because progestins can behave very differently from real progesterone.

Ugh. I didn't even think about that. I hate progestins. Earlier today when I was talking to a bunch of the other girls at my cos school my transitioning came up and one of them offered to give me her "spare" BC pills and I kinda just declined, I hope politely... I thought about explaining my extreme dislike of progestins to her, butt.... decided it'd be better not to go there.

So much to read on this website, I am just finally really digging up some gold from past posts.

Sometimes it would be so much easier if someone could just tell me exactly what I should take and boom it worked Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon