Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

VITEX question

VITEX question
April 8 2008 at 11:05 PM amy (Login firish69)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been taking vitex and CFS for about a month .

I have had no tingles let alone growth from these.

It has made me calmer i think and helped my period out by being regular but am getting cramps like its coming sometimes
i am on 1000 mg a day and wondering if i should amp up to 1500 a day?

also i just started with herbs again and surprisingly i have no side effects YET
When i tried herbs before i got dizzy shaky and a temp ,felt like i was dying.

Why could this be ,maybe the vitex?

am confused and concerned because i have no tingles ect.and before i got them right away with the same dosage.

I thought people grew on vitex and now its conflicting posts,r vitex and herbs compatible?

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: VITEX question April 8 2008, 11:15 PM

The obvious answer is that the vitex is counteracting the herbs so you're not getting the effects you had last time. There could well be other explanations but it's about 2 hours past my usual bedtime and I can't think straight!

amy
(Login firish69) thanks louise April 8 2008, 11:21 PM

so i will have to quit one,damn i new it was too good to be true.

So then vitex is not compatible with herbs?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: VITEX question April 8 2008, 11:25 PM

Wait for Moon and a couple of the other girls to comment first but I would say ditch the vitex unless you're taking to fix existing hormonal problems.

jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: VITEX question April 9 2008, 1:29 PM

Vitex is supposed to be taken alone.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: VITEX question April 9 2008, 2:35 PM

This forum is very interesting to watch over a long period of time. It has a lot of trends.

The Grow Yours massage trend.

The Magnet trend.

The Vitex trend.

The thing about these trends is that they seem to work initially but they don't seem to stick around with the majority that long. (meaning some continue to use them but most do not)

I am glad that Eve's group as a whole is willing to try new things. The final chapter has not been written on what is effective for NBE and only through experimentation will we ever know what might work. Also what works for one person may or may not work for another.

With this being said - I came into this forum before the vitex trend. I have used vitex off and on to help with my estrogen dominance. This for me enhances NBE because estrogen dominance interferes with NBE.

Suddenly one women (the mysterious Karen I believe) says she had humongous growth from vitex alone. Then she disappeared into the mist never to post again.

I do not consider vitex an essential herb for NBE unless the woman is combating estrogen dominance, hyperprolactinism, polycystic ovaries or some other progesterone/prolactin issue.

It can probably be used with other NBE herbs because it does not attach to estrogen receptors. Vitex increases progesterone and lowers prolactin. If this is what you need for NBE then it will help.

waxingmoon

jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: VITEX question April 9 2008, 2:43 PM

I thought Vitex was supposed to be taken alone? I disagree. I think it should be taken alone for several months until it has really worked and balanced out the hormones and afterwards add in estrogenic herbs when balanced. It would just defeat the purpose to add them all together at once.

littlelibrarian
(no login) Vitex? April 9 2008, 2:49 PM

I agree with Jackie and I've been taking it off and on for the past year and a half. I actually only need to take one per day to ward off those killer cramps and I don't take it with my fennel - I'm also doing the magnet thing since I really feel a lot of deep aches, itches and tingles lately.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: VITEX question April 9 2008, 5:39 PM

I agree waxingmoon, there certainly appears to be no wonder miracle NBE method that works for everyone unfortunately! I wish there was...

And Jackie, I definitely see your point of balancing everything and than immediately starting a different NBE routine after taking vitex for a while.

Linz
(no login) Re: VITEX question April 10 2008, 12:40 AM

I got my only inch from vitex (not including the one from bcp). It took 3 months - I only stopped because it definitely gave me acne.

jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: VITEX question April 10 2008, 11:01 AM

Wooooop. Thanks. I am kinda' getting acne. a few pimples but I am NOT stopping haha I need to get bigger boobs!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon