Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Herbal products users advice please!!

Herbal products users advice please!!
January 15 2008 at 11:40 AM
sandy (Login sandy111)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ladies,I am going to switch to herbs.I am still doing a liver cleanse.I have put this routine but wish to get some feedback if i need to add anything or if it is okay and about the minimum - max dosage of each.I know FG is started at 1800 mg but the rest i have no ideaSad

• Fenugreek
• Saw Palmetto
• Wild Yam
• Fennel
• Dong Quai
• Blessed Thistle

If anything needs to be deleted or added plz let me know.

P.s:I have the FG in seeds,not a commercial product,how will i know how many mg it is?should i take like to tea spoons per day?? Thanks Smile

Author Reply

Cecilia
(Login CeciliaSpasm) Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 16 2008, 2:55 PM

Hi Sandy!
I'm not really sure about quantities in relation to how many teaspoons. I drink fennel tea and then eat the contents of the tea bag which is about 1.5 teaspoons, think I'm going to up it to 2 tea bags though.

Does anyone know how many teaspoons of hops powder is a decent amount to take per day?

Thanks and good luck!!!

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 16 2008, 3:13 PM

Dong Quai, Blessed Thistle, and Wild Yam I have no idea about what the starting points should be as I've never taken them. Fennel I used to have a cup of tea a day, but you would certainly need to ramp that up over time as a cup of tea isn't much I learned (my whole NBE routine used to be various teas).

Saw Palmetto I've seen people take anywhere from 500 to 1500mg a day. I take 1500mg. Fenugreek I take 1500, but I do that WU and Eve's program consistes of 1800mg a day. I ramped both mine up over some days, you should probably just start with 1 and add in another every couple days until you reach your desired amount. I'm not sure how to go about judging teaspoon amounts though... I'm sure Louise will know about this, hopefully she'll see your post Smile hope I helped though.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 16 2008, 4:11 PM

Hi Sandy,

I've only used Wonderup which contains total daily dose of fenugreek 1800mg and fennel 1800mg and none of the other stuff. Eve used total daily fenugreek 1800mg and fennel 400mg. I was also told when asked about SP to use 500-1500mg but was worried I'd get fat so never tried.

LilDunny seems to have used blessed thistle 780mg, MyaWannabe is taking 760mg - if you go to the personal program page forum you can search that forum for specific herbs to see what other people take.

Please read on the net about wild yam - it doesn't give you progesterone! Vitamin C is what your body uses to make progesterone.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to mix dong quai with fenugreek (but I may be thinking of red clover) - again you can do a search on the personal program page to find out if other people have had success.

I would also consider adding some hops and soy, Eve used 1800mg hops and 1000mg soy.

I added 1200mg hops, 400mg barley, 800mg oats and 6 teaspoons ground flax seeds to some porridge a few times per week (in addition to WU to make up the quantities to what Eve took) and took 1 teaspoon of either EPO / borage oil each day - I definitely got more tingles with this but got lazy with it after about 1-2 weeks.

Good luck (and with your studies) x

This message has been edited by Louise1982 on Jan 16, 2008 4:38 PM

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Thanks January 17 2008, 12:19 PM

for all your responses.I guess no one know how many mg a teaspoon of FG contains.Cpuld that be that no one in the whole forum knows.Hope someone checks in and has an idea about that..

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 17 2008, 12:25 PM

Depends on the weight (mass) of the substance as 1 teaspoon is a volume measurement not a weight measurement. It's approximately 5000mg (which is almost a week's worth!) so don't go swallowing whole teaspoons of anything!

The only reason you would use a teaspoon is if you were going to say follow Eve's program you could use a teaspoon as 5000mg and then if you multiply Eve's quantities by 100 you could make a bulk batch of mixed herb powder so that every mealtime you only had one box to open, then you'd need about 1/4 teaspoon of the mix 3x daily.

I can work out the exact recipe in teaspoons if you want.

This is why I was having my herbal porridge only every other day - I couldn't get a small enough quantity with the teaspoon so instead of one dose 3x daily I was having a big dose 3x weekly. Technically you should buy a laboratory quality scale - you can get a suitable one for about £25 online.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 17 2008, 4:15 PM

The reason i am talking about teaspoons is because i have the FG in seed form.I think it is better than the ones sold in capsules.I bought them from a herbalist.They are more natural i guessSmile

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 17 2008, 11:25 PM

hmmm, yes you are definitely going to need a scale or use the large dose technique Louise mentioned... Maybe go back to the place you bought them from and maybe they could help you figure it out on a scale there? I don't know where you live, but in Canada at least was have a store called Bulk Barn and you can measure everything you buy beforehand... good luck

Galia
(Login galiaig) Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 21 2008, 12:35 AM

OMG, are you really going to do all this scaling, mixing and paying attention not to overdose smth all by your own? Why don't you try a NBE product instead?

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 21 2008, 7:38 AM

I can't afford to buy WU,that's why i'm gonna try it this way.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 21 2008, 4:12 PM

Besides the costs, Galia, some people don't want commercial products with predetermined amounts of herbs in them... some want a specific combination, or a certain type, or in a certain form that is not necessairly in capsule form.

Black Sheep
(Login galiaig) Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 12:32 AM

Is it really cheaper to buy all the ingredients and mix them yourself? Cause I thought this way is more expensive, especially if your order them online. And if you order them online would you share where from?

CuteLittleBunnie
(Login CuteLittleBunnie)
SENIOR MEMBER Around how expensive is Fennel seeds? January 23 2008, 1:42 AM

How much do these cost? Is it just cheaper to drink the tea???

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 8:07 AM

I am not going to do the same WU ingredients.Just some of them.I will buy them from GNC nature's way and some from a herbal store,will ask if they make them in some sort of capsules.haven't really had time to ask about this whole thing.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 9:37 AM

WU contains a large quantity of a few things then smaller quantities of other stuff. Some of the herbs are cheaper than others but to buy all of them is very expensive. What you have to consider before you buy something is not how much it is but is it value for money.

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 1:05 PM

Ok this is the program i want to follow:

Fenugreek 1800 mg
Blessed thistle 780 mg
Barley grass 1000 mg
Fennel 1920 mg (each capsule is 480 so can't make it 1800mg)
Alfalfa 300 mg
Hops 890 mg
Linseed 1000 mg

STILL i am open for suggestions and will appreciate it a lot.If any dose should be added or reduced please provide input.Thanks a lot Smile

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 2:11 PM

Soy soy soy soy soy! (Unless you have a thyroid problem!).

Soy milk doesn't actually contain much soy - the strongest isoflavone content I've found is the one I bought from www.herbalextractsplus.com otherwise you could just buy some soy beans and try to eat things with beans in! They don't really taste of anything much, like normal beans or the fresh ones taste like peas. Try to eat oatmeal too, it settles the stomach and is filling, low GI and good for boobs. Have you thought about milk thistle? Like me you don't drink so your liver should be in pretty good shape but some other people have said fenugreek gives them bad gas which has been helped with milk thistle. Do you like nuts / peanut butter?

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 2:55 PM

Thanks Louise,

Yes the oatmeal for breakfast is a great idea!I will do that.I don't really know how they taste but will give it a shot.

I love peanuts and peanut butter and in general yes i love nuts Smile Yummi

Soy,this will be a problem,I thought maybe soy milk would do it.Would soy isoflavone be good?I don't know if I spelled that right.

I have milk thistle 1000 mg each pill.I will add that tooSmile

Thanks a lot for your suggestions Wink

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 3:15 PM

Hi Sandy,

Check out this post:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/547753/th...193541532/

Me and DaviLee were looking at what the active stuff in the herbs is. Turns out soy, red clover and PM are quite chemically similar. I think it's the isoflavones and some of the other things within the soy that actually have the hormonal effect so taking soy isoflavones means taking a tiny amount like 1/5 teaspoon rather than trying to eat beans all the time! Oatmeal is nice if you don't make it too wet (you can put soy milk in, or I like to use water + milk-based protein powder). If you mix it with an oat based cereal that is sweet with fruit in that's nice or you can put your own stuff like fruit or choc chips or whatever in it.

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 3:48 PM

Thanks for the tip on the oatmeal Wink Will have to try that soon!!An oatmeal breakfast would be enough right?or should i add some additional snacks with oat things?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 4:03 PM

Just eating the oats should be fine, they're really heavy going but it's quite nice if you put fruit and stuff in it and keeps you full for ages.

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 5:20 PM

Louise How do i divert pound to $ ? i mean how much $ is 1 pound?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 23 2008, 10:39 PM

£1 is just over £2 (which is pretty harsh considering Brava costs more in £s than in $s so I paid more than double!) Everything in Europe is expensive!

Black Sheep
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 24 2008, 7:47 AM

You didn't dfferentiate between the $ and the pound sign.The reason for my question is i want to know how much WU costs in $ ??

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 24 2008, 9:30 AM

Sorry, it's £1 is $2, not sure if WU is more expensive if they ship international what I got cost about $300 for 6 months, you get a small saving the more you buy but the main reason I bought a lot was to force myself to finish it. I first ordered 1 month though to check it didn't make me ill.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 24 2008, 11:35 AM

Thanks Smile owww.. WU really needs a good budget.LOL.Better to stick with my program Smile

Galia
(Login galiaig) Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 24 2008, 4:13 PM

BreastSuccess contains all the WU ingredients plus you will save nearly $100 for 6 months, cause BS is only $200 and $16 for the international shipping.

If you order it at http://www.eherbpills.com/breast-success.htm
you will also get $10 discount with coupon 77665, so your shipping becomes only $6.

I know that for a fact because I received my 3 months package two day ago.

BTW: Louise is right, to buy the ingredients is more expensive.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 24 2008, 4:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.
But from what i have heard it is a weak product.The ingredients are not the same too.BS has the same ingredients as any other product.They don't state how much of each herb is in their product too.IF you have the product maybe you could state them so we can have an effective comparison Smile

Here are the ingredients of wonderup:

Fenugreek Seed ....1800mg
Fennel Seed....1800mg
Borage herb extract....270mg
Milk Thistle herb extract....240mg
Carrot root extract....960mg
Goat's Rue herb extract....960mg
Blue Vervain herb ....720mg
Soybean ...720mg
Hops plant...600mg
Korean Ginseng root....600mg
Gingko Biloba leaft...360mg
Bee Pollen....90mg
Rosehips fruit 60mg
Barley plant....360mg
Alfalfa herb .....360mg

Galia
(Login galiaig) Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 24 2008, 6:25 PM

It’s very unpleasant when you have just bought NBE product and someone says it’s was a weak product. My cousin has been using BS for a couple of months now and is very satisfied with the results. That’s why I decided to take BS, too.

My bad the ingredients are not exactly the same, however the main ones - Fenugreek and Fennel are present. Speaking about ingredients I just found out what WU contains per capsule:

fenugreek seeds 75mg
fennel seeds 75mg
borage herb 45mg
milk thistle herb 40mg
carrot root 40mg
goats rue herb 40mg
blue vervain herb 30mg
soybeans 30mg
hops plant 25mg
korean ginseng root 25mg
gingko biloba leaves 15mg (not extract)
bee pollen 15mg (not extract)
rosehips fruit 15mg
barley plant 15mg
alfalfa herb 15mg

I don’t understand how you’ve come up with your milligrams. If you take 6 capsules per day then FG and Fennel should be 450mg, not 1800, etc.

I don’t care so much about the mg per capsule or the daily serving. I liked the ingredients and what they do, that’s why I bought Breast Success, because I want results.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Herbal products users advice please!! January 24 2008, 6:53 PM

sorry really I didn't want to hurt your feelings or anything.But i haven't heard anything good from BS.But again people are different.WU is in extracts.so You have to multiply by 4 all the ingredients.I wrote the total amount per day not the amount per pill Smilethe amount is important because sometime you have the right ingredients with too low amounts which won't result in the desired outcomes.I wish you the best of luck with BS Smile
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon