Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

please give me advice. desperate for encouragement.

please give me advice. desperate for encouragement.
September 26 2009 at 9:48 AM mel67 (Login mel67)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys and gals, I would like some advice on weight gain and more. I was superskinny in the begining of the summer, till recently. I attempted to gain weight to help with the nbe, but it seems that all of the weight I gained went to my stomach, hips, and thighs. Does this mean I'm androgen dominant? or what else does it mean, if not that?

I was taking saw palmetto during the summer, not consistently though, I would take it for 3 to 4 wks, then stopped for about a week and a half, then continued with it for a couple of more wks. I added fenugreek during the second half of the summer, but I took that with sp for about 4 to 6 weeks, then stopped.

I would have continued with the pills, but my diet was not always good, I tend to have sugar cravings that I can't seem to shake and get mood swings if I don't get some form of sugar. I also tend to have a "male" like attitude. I know it is very likely that I have excess androgens, but I suspect I'm also estrogen dominant?

any advice, I would appreciate. I have my doubts that nbe will work for me, but I don't want to throw in the towel just yet. I need a 3rd wind.

I suspect I may have adrenal fatigue. The reasons I suspect this is because I always worry about something or another and amplify the problems in my mind, I tire easily, and lack motivation at times. This is the how I taught my brain to function growing up in a particular family environment. If I have had adrenal fatigue, how long to repair the problem, and what foods will help calm my mind down or help repair my adrenals?

Author Reply
CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. September 26 2009, 11:12 PM

I am also addicted to sweets and if I don't get sugar I get terrible mood swings. I think it is very important for you to attack your sugar addiction. To begin with, just decide to quit for a short time ... like a week. Then try to go longer. NEVER try to quit forever because there is no way that will last. Also just eating less sugar is better.

I managed to stop for a while and during that time I had some growth but as soon as I started eating it again the growth stopped. I don't know much about hormonal balance since I use the suction method but you could be high in androgens or borderline high and sugar can be the cause of it.

So my recommendation is to try to quit for a while and see if you have growth. When you want sweets just think breasts! I did and that helped me to stop for a while. After a while you get more used to it and the mood swings go away.

mel67
(Login mel67) Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 5 2009, 6:34 AM

thanks for responding. has the suction method been working for you?? How long have you been using the suction? I have been mulling it over, but still have some doubts. the company websites that sell the suctions look iffy to me. does anyone think the suction is more safe then the hormones route?

NancyGreen
(Login NancyGreen) Hi Mel October 5 2009, 8:58 AM

I do have good news for you. By now you probably have a good idea of your body type. There are 3 basic types of bodies and you can probably find a NBE routine that fits your body type now that you have experienced some weight gain.

Ectomorph Body Type

Mesomorph Body Type

Endomorph Body Type

Google them and see which one fits you the best and go from there.

Best of luck!

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 5 2009, 11:43 AM

I think the suction method is safer and that is a big part of the reason I chose that route. I haven't had any luck with herbs but I had some luck by changing my diet and doing the suction method. I gained 2 inches from using Brava. Go to the Brava breast and other suction methods forum and have a read. There are other methods than Brava but I have only used Brava so I can't tell you about them Wink But the forum is very informative and a lot of discussion about different types of it.

Good luck Smile

Velonese
(Login Velonese) Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 5 2009, 2:08 PM

Have you tried spearmint tea to help get those androgens under control? That might help mitigate your sugar issue, which can lead to excess androgens.

emmiedee
(Login anothertry) b vitamins October 5 2009, 5:15 PM

your lack of motivation is going to hurt with suction, which can take a long time and you cant miss too many days... you may want to consider b vitamins, which help with energy and stress. you may want to talk to your doctor about this, because if this is a serious mood change you need to get to the root of that problem first. all of the methods still take time, energy, and some sort of dedication. herbs and internal do rely on lack of sugar whereas suction less so, but still you need to be motivated! try taking a b-complex vitamin in the morning (i suggest with food... i get nauseous sometimes if i don't have at least a small bite of food before i take my b-complex) and talk to a doc... they can test your hormones, too, which will give you an answer!

good luck, and take care of yourself!

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 5 2009, 6:55 PM

Mel67,

The foundational problem you are describing could be a slow(ing) thyroid. Try a B complex, kelp, and L-Tyrosine for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference. The sugars you are eating to get energy raise insulin which lowers SHBG which raises free testosterone which will give elevated androgen effects and the free testosterone will be free to aromatize into more estrogen which could account for the estrogen dominance symptoms. If you address the thyroid first, you could get your energy back, dump the sugar, and the that chain reacton goes away (in theory).

Also look into taking GABA at night before bedtime, and Hydrogen Boost by Source Naturals during the day. The GABA will help with the stress and boost growth hormone at night. Hydrogen Boost will facilitate higher oxygen levels which will help the energy levels.

Good luck,

Wahaika

mel67
(Login mel67) Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 13 2009, 7:09 AM

cousinrose, how long have you been using brava? I can''t help but to think that people who sell brava or any other suction company may go on those forums and act like satisfied customers. do you notice a little change in a week or 3? I read around, and everyone says you have to do the suction everyday for a year or 2 to get permenant results. Have you heard of bad side effects a couple years after the women have stopped the suction, like sagging? I really want to weigh my options before I invest in something.

thanks emmiedee and wahaika for the supplement advice and wahaika for the estrogen dominance explanation. This makes alot of sense.
I have been needing to take a B complex vitamin, and GABA...and more..I think I may need to do a detox before supplementing. I'm certain I have adrenal exhaustion as a result of mercury toxicity. I think mercury can build up in the thyroid, if not that it can cause hypo or hyperthyroidism, and prevent the conversion of t4 to t3.

I'm not sure if I could do the herb/hormone route anytime soon. Even if I can't do the herb/hormone routine, I still have to shape my eating habits for better health, it would assist with my outlook on life.

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl) Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 16 2009, 2:58 PM

Wahaika, this is a stupid question but i have to ask anyways....with GABA boosting growth hormone, will it increase weight gain also????
laisegirl

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 16 2009, 3:32 PM

Hello laisegirl,

Growth Hormone is a fat burner. There will be no fat gains due to growth hormone.

Wahaika

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl) Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 16 2009, 4:40 PM

Wahaika...thank you... i knew it was a stupid question but i had to know for sure....
laisegirl

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: please give me advice. desperate for encouragement. October 16 2009, 5:44 PM

It's not a stupid question. How many people knew that?
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon