Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Does Protein make you gain wieght?

Does Protein make you gain wieght?
November 23 2009 at 6:27 AM Sweetkat (Login Sweetkat)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I’m curious to know if protein makes you gain weight and what the benefits of it with NBE? I been reading several program pages with protein shakes, bars and powders that people include in their routine. I just was wondering what the reason for it was?

A little about me:

Female (at birth)
Currently taking wonder up
I’m 23
Also I work out three times a week.
Any advice about it would help and if you noticed any change in wieght and how much please.
Thanks!

Author Reply
lemonvanilla
(Login lemonvanilla) Re: Does Protein make you gain wieght? November 23 2009, 6:34 AM

Hi Sweetkat,

No, protein does not make you gain weight. Consuming more calories a day than you expend makes you gain weight. I have been doing NBE for about six months and no I have not gained weight or a bulging stomach or flabbiness. Just take care of yourself and stay positive Smile

Happy growing~~

milani
(Login millanii)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Does Protein make you gain wieght? November 24 2009, 12:05 AM

Hi, i think the reason people take protein is because you need it to grow and thats what were trying to do! without the extra protein your body will find it harder. Sorry i dont know the technical stuff! Smile

Milani

Gina
(Login ginalisa77) Re: Does Protein make you gain wieght? November 24 2009, 12:59 AM

Hi Sweetkat

Protein is an essential nutrient that contains amino acids that our body uses for growing muscles,skin, hair, internal organs etc. Bodybuilders/sports people need a lot because it supports their growing muscles. It's thought to aid NBE because as we are trying to grow our breasts we need to support this growth by giving our body the essential nutrients to help this part of our body grow. You can put on weight with protein, but only if you add extra calories as previously mentioned. I successfully gained weight a while back using protein shakes. I don't use them any more due to the nasty sweetners and additives they contain. I make my own using natural food sources now.

Some people say we don't need as much protein as we think, and indeed too much can wreak havoc on the liver, so you need to make sure you don't overdo it if you're thinking of upping your intake. As long as you have a healthy balanced diet with a good mix of carb, veggies and protein, you'll be fine!

Smile
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon