Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Flaxseed

Wahaika?
September 30 2009 at 3:21 PM roakie (Login roakie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting confused again. For some reason I was under the impression that flaxseed oil was good for NBE. Now, after reading several posts, I am afraid the lignans in the oil will inhibit the effects of the compounded HRT I have been taking. I am also on the Greenbush 90-day kit, as well as Brava. I know this isn't the best time of year to do NBE but I am so flat I need to do something!

Is flaxseed oil bad for NBE? A women at the testing lab who had gone through very early menopause recommended it as good for post-menopause, but if it is going to stop the Greenbush herbs from working, then I am going to stop it. I have been taking 2 T. per day in a smoothie. Are the lignans really a problem?

I am also very thin (always have been) and I had read that taking the flaxseed oil might help with directing fat to the breasts, but this could be a bunch of false information. I don't know who to believe at this point.

Also starting taking 500mg Gaba at night but no results from Greenbush yet at 2 months.

I am only taking 3 each of the Funugreek, Yam and Saw palmetto. Massaging fenugreek oil into the breasts at night in a base of aloe and leaving it on all night under the Brava domes.

No tingles, aches, etc. Of course, I am past menopause by five years.

In one post you said that small, AAA women should keep the dosages of fenugreek, etc under 1800 mg (which is 3 pills), but that women who are a B or who have nursed can take more.

I am a AAAAAA women who nursed three kids! What do you think my ultimate dosage can be?

One last question. I also just started taking grapeseed extract for some other health benefits. Now I read that it is an Aromatase inhibitor as well. Should I quite taking that as well??

This message has been edited by roakie on Sep 30, 2009 3:40 PM
This message has been edited by roakie on Sep 30, 2009 3:27 PM

Author Reply
Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Wahaika? September 30 2009, 7:15 PM

Hello Roakie,

In the end, it depends on what works for each individual case. Flaxseed oil does two things of interest to me.

1. The lignans in flaxseeds are aromatase inhibitors and have anti cancer properties. This is well established.
2. The lignans in flaxseeds raise SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin).

These are the two characteristics that I pay attention to when looking at flaxseed oil in someones program. To what degree the oil does these things is debatable. Flaxseed oil is said to not contain "appreciable quantities" of lignans. ( http://www.flaxhealth.com/lignans.htm ) Flaxseed oil is used mainly for the purpose of being a plant based omega-3 source for those who are against using fish oil. For health, crushed flaxseed is the best way to take it and is really good.

So many NBE ingredients lower SHBG which raises free testosterone. flaxseed is one of those things that could be used to aleviate some of the androgen problems that seem to crop up. Some women are high in androgens and some are borderline enough that the right NBE program lowers SHBG and puts them over the edge.

Women who have estrogen dominance should benefit greatly by something like flaxseed which raises SHBG and therefore lowers free testosterone and then estrogen. (SHBG prefers testosterone first, then estrogen) I think that it would be a staple for post menopause women.

That's my two cents on flaxseed and lignans. The best thing to do is to try it. Some women grow very well with it. I think that flaxseed *OIL* is good for NBE. I didn't use to.

Pammy used Greenbush herbs and flaxseed oil, along with EPO and grew well. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
------------

As for HRT, I do not believe that the oil would interfere. Crushed flaxseed might. It might also help save you from the cancer that HRT could eventually cause.

If you want to do something now, take lots of dandelion, or even better, Greenbush Dandelion Root extract inside and out.

>>"I am also very thin (always have been) and I had read that taking the flaxseed oil might help with directing fat to the breasts, but this could be a bunch of false information. I don't know who to believe at this point."

I have never heard of that and cannot imagine how someone could make that claim.

>>"Also starting taking 500mg Gaba at night but no results from Greenbush yet at 2 months."

Surf took GABA at 1500mg per day. I have read that GABA does not really work until it hits 2000mg per day. You might want to ramp it up.

>>"I am only taking 3 each of the Funugreek, Yam and Saw palmetto. Massaging fenugreek oil into the breasts at night in a base of aloe and leaving it on all night under the Brava domes."

You might want to use heat instead, and sleep with that on rather than brava domes. I have never been a fan of the domes. I'm not sure of any real and lasting results from them. Maybe others could comment on things like Brava and Noogleberry and their ability to retain results long term.

>>"In one post you said that small, AAA women should keep the dosages of fenugreek, etc under 1800 mg (which is 3 pills), but that women who are a B or who have nursed can take more."

Absolutely, this is based on what it takes to stall an A cup. I think that those who start off with stalling levels of herbs will see results for a few weeks and then nothing. You have to keep cycling to keep the results if using large dosages. Sooner or later one will have to come down to a stable constant dosage to maintain the growth.

>>"I am a AAAAAA women who nursed three kids! What do you think my ultimate dosage can be?"

It also depends on your starting size, your largest size while breastfeeding, and your band size. A 32AAAA has less mass than a 38AAAA. The 38s can use more because they have more cells to affect.

>>"One last question. I also just started taking grapeseed extract for some other health benefits. Now I read that it is an Aromatase inhibitor as well. Should I quite taking that as well??"

You might look at why you are taking it and make the judgement yourself, but yes, grapeseed oil (or extract) is a potent aromatase inhibitor and as such would be detrimental to NBE, especially for someone with low bodyweight. But the question could be how much could you get away with. I don't know the answer, and it depends on your body weight.

Wahaika
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon