Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Can i take sp,vitex , spearmint tea during menstruation?

Can i take sp,vitex , spearmint tea during menstruation?
December 27 2008 at 5:30 AM hoa5 (Login hoa5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm taking sp, vitex, spearmint tea and i wonder if i should take them during menstruation or not. Are them against each other if i use them at the same time?( because i've read an imformation in which they said that people shouldn't take ps with other antiandrogen. And spearmint tea ,vitex are also anti androgen too).Is there someone knowing about that? Please tell me. Thank you alot.

Author Reply
Betty
(no login) Re: Can i take sp,vitex , spearmint tea during menstruation? December 28 2008, 10:19 AM

Is vitex an anti-androgen?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Can i take sp,vitex , spearmint tea during menstruation? December 28 2008, 11:02 AM

I've never heard that more anti-androgens sholdn't be taken together, I don't beleve that's true. Vitex shouldn't be taken with estrogenic herbs tho.

Miss Lady
(no login) Vitex + Flaxseed December 28 2008, 11:36 PM

Hey Moon,

Quick question for you, if you don't mind. You mentioned that estrogenic herbs should not be taken with vitex. I was taking flaxseed oil capsules with vitex, not necessarily for the estrogen (I know that's a part of flaxseed), but more for the Omega 3's/6's. I also had previously bought some ground flaxseeds for the fiber and omegas. Do you recommend that I stop with the flaxseed altogether?

Thanks!

Miss Lady
(no login) Oops, also, one more question December 29 2008, 12:18 AM

Meant to ask this before, but I also wanted to make sure that vitex is indeed useful for excess testosterone/androgens. I have read that it balances progesterone/estrogen, but was not sure about whether it helped people with excess androgens. I'm assuming it does, because the OP mentioned it with saw palmetto and spearmint tea.

Thanks!

hoa5
(Login hoa5) Re: Can i take sp,vitex , spearmint tea during menstruation? January 14 2009, 4:58 AM

Sorry,there is a mechanical error making you guys confused. I read somewhere that sp(not ps as i typed)shouldn't take with other anti androgen . Now, i've just quit sp because it made me gain weight rapidly and breathe difficultly.
I'm gonna buy nettle root to solve my problem due to testosterones.I hope it safe than sp(at leat, i 've not seen any side effectst due to difficult breathing).
I'm finding some herbs which can lower testosterone( i'm PCOS), but it seems rare. If there is anyone knows, please tell me. Thanks alot.

db2603
(Login db2603) Spearmint Tea and Weight Gain May 28 2012, 6:04 AM

Your posting is the only information I've seen regarding spearmint tea and weight gain. Everything else I've read suggests that it causes weight loss. I just started taking spearming tea about three weeks ago, and I went from being extremely fit and toned to gaining about 15 pounds in a three week period. I even have stretch marks! How long did it take you to lose the weight? Did you find another herbal remedy to slow your hair growth without causes weight gain?

Thanks!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon