Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

can you gain weight from evening primrose oil and flax seed oil?

can you gain weight from evening primrose oil and flax seed oil?
October 13 2008 at 9:22 PM Linn (Login linn7880)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can I gain weight from evening primrose oil 1300 mg pr.day and 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil? I am bit sceptical since it is fatty acids. I know they are good though, but hope to not gain weight..

Author Reply
dory
(Login Dory505) Re: can you gain weight from evening primrose oil and flax seed oil? October 15 2008, 1:02 PM

i dont know, i hope someone will answer this question. *bump*

Artemis
(Login Artemist) Re: can you gain weight from evening primrose oil and flax seed oil? October 15 2008, 10:07 PM

No...and quite the opposite actually. LACKING fatty acids can cause weight gain, since a deficiency can cause cravings, particularly for fatty foods.

Just make sure you're including the calories in these oils in your daily calorie count (1 gram of fat = 11 calories).

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/treatmen...htGain.htm

Linn
(Login linn7880) Re: can you gain weight from evening primrose oil and flax seed oil? October 16 2008, 10:42 AM

Thank 's for the answer!

Oren
(no login) Evening primrose and weight gain April 29 2012, 8:26 PM

In fact yes, evening primrose can indeed make you gain, because it creates estrogen.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon