Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Concerns about Herbs and Accutane?

Hi there, just wanted to say I'm so glad an unbiased forum exists like this one. It's helped me make educated choices while shaping my regimen. But like most newbies, I don't know everything!

I am 22 years old, and began last month at a 34a. I've spent about a week on my most updated regimen:

morning: 2 caps of fenugreek, 2 caps of wild yam, plus ginko biloba and a hair, skin and nail supplement.

noon: 2 caps of fenugreek, 2 wild yam, one saw palmetto, plus birth control.

before bed: 2 caps of fenugreek, 2 caps of wild yam, one red clover, and 5+ minutes of massage with dong quai extract.

a couple weeks ago I added fennel to the mix, but I read on one of the threads here that it can have the opposite effect desired? i may have imagined it but my breasts seemed to deflate a bit after taking it so i cut it out.

ANYWAY my concerns are these:

- I am about to start a weak dosage of Accutane for a few months to clear my skin. I've taken a full session of it in the past and I had very few side effects besides general dryness. I'm wondering if Accutane will interfere with the effectiveness of my BE regimen?

- so far I haven't gained a cup size or anything measurable, but I know my breasts have gained fullness. However just as my period began they went right back down to their original size! I've gathered from other threads that this is common but will gained size return and eventually accumulate?

-one last note, has anyone experienced extreme depression or heightened emotions? I consider myself a fairly level person but recently I've been depressed and uncontrollably emotional and the only change I can think of is my BE regimen!

Once again I am quite new to posting on the forums, I've tried to familiarize myself with the protocol but if I made any fatal mistakes I apologize!

~thanks all

(16-08-2012, 06:39 PM)Etna1407 Wrote:  -one last note, has anyone experienced extreme depression or heightened emotions? I consider myself a fairly level person but recently I've been depressed and uncontrollably emotional and the only change I can think of is my BE regimen!

Some women on BE herbs do feel more emotional, but not normally to the extent you mention. But if you don't know of any other reason for it, then it looks as though it is caused by the herbs you're taking.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon