Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

side effects of vitex

side effects of vitex
January 1 2009 at 8:23 PM Karamel (Login Karamel83)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone experienced skin rash from vitex? I take vitex for about 6 weeks now and week ago I got little rash on my back and neck. I don't want to stop taking vitex cause I think it helps with pms, but I think a little spot of rash is developing on my face and I don't want to look like zombie Smile
I started to take nettle root to help with my acne, do you think it could clear up the rash too?
Thank you
K.

Author Reply
Linn
(Login linn7880) Re: side effects of vitex January 1 2009, 8:38 PM

Hi!
I have used vitex for 2,5 months and a have had some skin rash on my legs a few times . But I have continued and now it is very selten so maybe it will be better for you when your body gets used to vitex..? I think skinrash is a common side effect. I have also used nettle along with vitex, but I think the skin rash was from vitex..

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: side effects of vitex January 1 2009, 10:40 PM

I had a rash on my leg for a short time while taking vitex, I think it will pass once your body gets use to it. I've been taking vitex for 9 months now and I'm amazed how much my pms has improved, almost non existant. My hormones are definitely balancing out.

hoa5
(Login hoa5) Re: side effects of vitex January 4 2009, 4:22 AM

glamma, you buy vitex from which brands ? Do take it during in your menstruation? Thank you

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: side effects of vitex January 4 2009, 4:32 PM

I use the brand by 'Holland & barrett' but you can get it from places like GNC to. Yes, I take it during menstruation. It takes vitex at least 3 months to have any effect in the body because it's a very slow acting herb so you can't really take breaks from it. I've taken it everyday for the past 9 months.

aunaturel9
(no login) Re: side effects of vitex January 5 2009, 10:28 PM

Omg, is that what it is? I've been retaking vitex for 2 weeks and developed an anonymous rash on my leg too. funny how things are falling into place now. thanks for the tip.

hoa5
(Login hoa5) Re: side effects of vitex January 14 2009, 5:12 AM

Gamma, is your vitex standarized extract? I can't find st like that in my local drug stores.Do you take that before or after meals? Thanks

Karamel
(Login Karamel83) Re: side effects of vitex January 26 2009, 11:42 AM

So I still have the rash, I guess it has nothing to do with taking vitex so will have to see a dermatologist.
I've been taking vitex a bit over 2 month I think, and my last period was on time, exactly 28 days, which is amazing. I never have it on time. And also I have less cramps than I used to have.
I am really glad I started taking it, thanks to this forum.
I'll keep taking it for at least another month alone, and then when my hormones are balanced I might add some herbs to grow a bit Smile

K.

Talei
(no login) vitex June 15 2012, 4:41 AM

i just got over a very bad case of skin rash. it went all over my body. i had to take an oral steroid and antihistamine to help with it. lasted about 8 days before i started to look normal again. i do think it helped with my acne but i dont want to have that bad rash again.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon