Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mochaccino's PM program

i think because you're taking placenta that your hormones will balance out, i know a lot of the japanese nbe'ers take it for that

I've decided to make a few changes to my program that I thought I should mention. I decided to increase my placenta to 4 tabs a day instead of only one. I'm not really doing it to balance my hormones. I'm just trying to match Ginie's dose. I have absolutely no way of knowing the relative strengths of different placenta supplements, or how much of the "active" constituents are retained depending on different processing methods etc. That means that I really only have Ginie's dose as a reference for what a normal dose of Maruman brand placenta MIGHT be. 4 caps per day is also the recommended dose on the bottle. I might have been wrong in assuming that Maruman extract and the placenta extract in Whitex are similar enough that I can just match the dose. It probably can't hurt to try a higher dose and see what happens. Placenta doesn't seem to be a very strong or dangerous supplement.

I think I might also use PC during luteal phase again. I'm torn about whether I should really do it or not because I'm not actually deficient, just very low. PC has worked extremely well for a few women on this board who were diagnosed as being deficient in progesterone, but I've never seen any evidence that it works for women who are estrogen dominant but not deficient. In theory it makes sense, but it doesn't seem to work in reality. I don't have the foggiest idea why.

Since I'm borderline deficient, I think I might take a full dose for 2 luteal phases, and hope to God that it doesn't give me excessive progesterone levels. It should also have the side effect of raising my testosterone a little, which is a good thing in my case. If I do take it, I'll only apply to the recommended areas instead of my breasts. That should make it much less likely to build up to excessive levels.

I really didn't want to use PC again unless my test results said that I was deficient, but I don't really know what else to do, so I might as well try it out.

Whenever I change my program I write out the whole thing all over again just so that it's 100% clear. So here you go:

Days 5-12:
330 mg (1 tablet) Suplife 99 PM

Luteal phase:
Full recommended dose of PC daily
Dong quai extract

All month:
Ro-bust cream, twice daily
2 x 300mg 10:1 dong quai extract
4 x 125mg Maruman placenta extract
2 X 160mg SP extract

Hey Girls,

So I have not been cycling my pm for the past few months. I was getting really good results on it. I'm now a good C-most of the month.....But my period was over 3 weeks late, had another pregnancy scare so once again I have no choice but to go back to basics and I don't want to make my pcos any worse.

Here's what I'm thinking, if any of you hormone genius' can help or advise that would be awesome.
Firstly start cycling Lorraine!

Follic. Phase:
pm-1,000mg per day
Vitex- 2 x 1,000mg per day = 2,00mg
Fenugreek tea x 2 per day or drops 2 x 25 drops
Arginine 1,000mg x 4 per day =4,000mg
Placenta 500mgx 4 per day=2,00mg
Collagen 500 x 4 p.d = 2,000mg
No sure what to massage in yet as I shouldn't use a progesterone cream in this stage right?

Lut. Phase
Pregnenolone-waiting for it to come.....only take small amount
Vitex- 2 x 1,000mg per day = 2,00mg
Fenugreek tea x 2 per day or drops 2 x 25 drops
Arginine 1,000mg x 4 per day =4,000mg
Placenta 500mgx 4 per day=2,00mg
Collagen 500 x 4 p.d = 2,000mg
Progesterone cream.

Should I take wonderup?

Thanks all,
Will keep you posted.

Do you plan on starting a program thread? That's the best way to keep things organized and get advice.

If your cycle is too long, then you need to lower your PM dose. You can see in my last post that I'm taking a super small dose for only a week per month. I know that my super low dose cycling regimen has worked extremely for at least 2 people, Chiyomilk and Ginie. Mayusakimilk claims to be the third resounding success, but I'm still not completely sure that Mayusakimilk is a real person, and not the sock puppet of some weirdo who's copying Chiyo's blog.

Only time will tell if this regi will work for me, and the other ladies who recently started following extremely similar programs. I just thought you should know that it's apparently possible to grow on a much lower dose.

I honestly don't know what the appropriate dose of pregnenolone or vitex might be. I also don't know how they interact with PM. Your other supps and doses seem pretty normal, and should be fine. On the other hand, your probably the first person to take this exact combination of supplements, so it's hard to give you any specific advice.

Have you actually been diagnosed with PCOS, and do you have a progesterone deficiency? If so, PC will probably work great, but if not, then it's hard to say what will happen. You could try it anyway, but if you do you should definitely have your progesterone tested every few months.

About Wonderup, I don't see why you should switch to a Wonderup program if your current program seems to be working for you. If you only want to switch because you are worried about long cycles, maybe you should try a lower dose of PM first.

I forgot to say that PC should probably be used according to the package directions, and not used as breast cream. I don't know if you already knew that or not.

Does anyone think I should be going about this differently based on my test results? What other options do I have? I want to make sure I've considered every angle. What would YOU do in my situation?

I've already decided that I am absolutely (fah realz this time) going to get in shape and stick with my diet. I used to be able to get away with avoiding all exercise and being a thin marshmallow, eating chips for lunch and painting my nails during gym in high school Tongue Lately it's caught up with me and I've really started to feel like crap. I know it's because I'm approaching 30, and things have gotta change. Not to mention, that I'm obviously not thin anymore, despite the fact that my habits, if anything, have actually gotten healthier. You guys probably think I'm exaggerating about being fat, but I recently started wearing size 10 jeans, and to be honest they are pretty tight. I am almost a size 12. 2 or 3 more lbs and I will have to by new jeans Sad

As usual, my diet is going to be a weight loss diet, but high in healthy fats and very high in animal protein. I'm going to go back to eating at least 3 tightly packed cups of cooked veggies per day. Depending on how I feel, I might even eat as much as 6 cups, but it gets tiresome fast. I'll probably be eating about 90-100 grams of protein. Luckily that's very easy for me to do, and I never have to rely on protein shakes and such.

As far as exercise is concerned, obviously my exercise routing will be focused on weights, but I'll be doing some cardio too.

*Edit* I forgot to say that I'll probably also start taking fish oil again.

What about DHEA? Would that help at all? What effect does it really have? Obviously most people say it raises testosterone in women, but from what I read, there's contradictory evidence for that. Wouldn't it also raise estrogen? I need to look at what the studies say about supplemental DHEA and estrogen levels, assuming that the studies even bothered to look at estrogen.

Isabelle thought that DHEA could totally prevent hormone down regulation and stalling, but I didn't really understand her reasoning.
Does DHEA really force the body to create more hormones even when those hormones are down regulated, or is it like throwing flour and sugar all over the kitchen floor and expecting cakes to be spontaneously generated? Sometimes supplementing a precursor really does raise the levels of the hormones (or other bodily chemicals) that are downstream from it, but other times it does not. Does anyone know more about this? I really need to get reading.

(07-02-2013, 03:14 AM)mochaccino Wrote:  What about DHEA? Would that help at all? What effect does it really have? Obviously most people say it raises testosterone in women, but from what I read, there's contradictory evidence for that. Wouldn't it also raise estrogen? I need to look at what the studies say about supplemental DHEA and estrogen levels, assuming that the studies even bothered to look at estrogen.

Isabelle thought that DHEA could totally prevent hormone down regulation and stalling, but I didn't really understand her reasoning.
Does DHEA really force the body to create more hormones even when those hormones are down regulated, or is it like throwing flour and sugar all over the kitchen floor and expecting cakes to be spontaneously generated? Sometimes supplementing a precursor really does raise the levels of the hormones (or other bodily chemicals) that are downstream from it, but other times it does not. Does anyone know more about this? I really need to get reading.

you can just eat oats every morning? I think no matter what, you may be aromatizing some of your T anyway. DHEA also help makes estrogen so there is no guarantee it will become test. from personal experience, I have experienced High free T in my blood as well as high estrogen due to high dhea levels. The rise in dhea was from herbs and literally taking dhea. So go ahead, you'll see, you just have loads of hormones floating in your blood freely.

I became a mild hirsuite after this!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon