Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Stinging Nettle

Stinging Nettle
August 22 2008 at 8:15 PM sunflower (Login ssunflower)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had any growth with this herb?

Does anyone have any information on it?

Thanks.

Author Reply
Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 22 2008, 8:47 PM

Um I don't wanna sound bitchy but the internet is full of information about anything. You could also make a search on this forum and find all your answers. Vortex health & beauty site also has a lot of info about nettle.

sunflower
(Login ssunflower) Re: Stinging Nettle August 22 2008, 9:28 PM

I did do that and didn't come up with what I was looking for.

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 22 2008, 10:40 PM

If you are asking if anyone has grown from Stinging Nettle alone - then the answer is no or at least not that I am aware of. I know alot of women have incorporated it into their routines, and some have grown, but there are always 2 sides.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 23 2008, 8:22 PM

There is some information on nettle in the reference pages. I take it myself but not sure if it does much for me but I will continue to take it anyway until it's gone.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/484503/th...%28root%29

tits2b
(Login tits2b) nettle August 24 2008, 6:48 AM

i just rememberd, a while ago when i was having trouble producing enough milk to breastfeed my daughter my naturopath actually had me on nettle tea so i believe it probably has some breast related properties whether they are related only to milk production and not breast growth im not sure, worth a shot i guess.

sunflower
(Login ssunflower) Re: Stinging Nettle August 25 2008, 5:46 PM

I posted this queston on another BE website and someone said that stinging nettle clears out the estrogen from your system. So it's good for people with estrogen dominance.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 25 2008, 6:38 PM

I've never heard that about nettle. Its most known action is as an androgen blocker, and by blocking androgens it actually in increases estrogen (androgens inhibit estrogens and vice versa), so it's recomended for estrogen deficiency (which is usually accompanied by excess androgens).

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 25 2008, 7:01 PM

"my naturopath actually had me on nettle tea so i believe it probably has some breast related properties"

What people take here though is nettle root. Is netle tea from the root or the leaf? Isn't it from the leaf?

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 25 2008, 7:03 PM

"stinging nettle clears out the estrogen from your system. So it's good for people with estrogen dominance"

But is that stinging nettle root or stinging nettle tea?

tits2b
(no login) tea August 25 2008, 11:45 PM

you're right the tea is from leaf, i havent used the root before, it may have entirely different properties

sunflower
(Login ssunflower) Re: Stinging Nettle August 26 2008, 2:34 PM

I have read dozens of articles on hormones and stinging nettle and There is research to support that stinging nettle decreases the production of estrogens.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 26 2008, 3:49 PM

Could you provide any links? I googled and haven't found any such info. It's important to consider details of the mechanism and circumstances of a certain action of a certain herb. Just ''this herb decreases/increases that hormone'' is simply too ambigeous to mean anything.

Elaine
(no login) Re: Stinging Nettle August 26 2008, 7:23 PM

There is research to support that stinging nettle decreases the production of estrogens.

So as someone else asked, is it the stinging nettle root that does this or the leaf?

sunflower
(Login ssunflower) Re: Stinging Nettle August 26 2008, 7:40 PM

Elaine,

One article I can rememember reading was on Vortex Health and it referred to stinging nettle root decreases the production of estrogens.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 26 2008, 8:26 PM

Well, I am thoroughly confused now. NBE makes less and less sense every day. :/

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 27 2008, 7:33 PM

Hmmm.... I wouldn't have thought that, but on the other hand I've always found information on the Vortex Health site highly reliable. As this information is stated there I have to say that I trust it.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging Nettle August 28 2008, 11:36 AM

I do beleive it's true, I was eventuially able to find other articles that said the same thing. It's just weird cause lots of estrogen deficient people are taking nettle. I take it and I find that it helps my skin. It never appeared to me that it would be hindering my growth, tho I can't say it contributed to it either cause I believe magnets and massage are the most responsible for my growth. Maybe it could be that the aromatase inhibiting action of nettle is only expressed in men and not in women. But on the other hand, the enzyme aromatase is exactly the same in both, so... dunno, weird.

HopsGirl
(Login HappyHopsGirl) Re: Stinging Nettle September 2 2008, 11:12 AM

If it's on the Vortex Health site I would trust it for that reason alone. I've always found their information pretty good. I agree with Moon though, sometimes it's hard to understand things in NBE.

Stinging nettle root
June 8 2008 at 8:56 AM Melanie (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in LOndon - how come nobody seels stinging nettle root. I found a couple of shops near me that has stinging nettle leaf, but I know for breast enhancement pupose I need the stinging nettle root.

Author Reply
Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging nettle root June 8 2008, 10:29 AM

If you're in the UK you can get stinging nettle root from Vortex Health - www.vortexhealth.com

Black Sheep
(no login) Re: Stinging nettle root July 15 2008, 7:57 AM

That's handy, I had never seen stinging nettle root in the UK. Those in the USA are lucky, they can get herbs so easily there.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Stinging nettle root July 16 2008, 8:38 PM

To be fair, you can get most herbs in the UK very easily. There are some that you have to look around to find, but only a few.

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Stinging nettle root July 22 2008, 9:51 AM

Yes I'm sure in the UK we can get everything we need here. I've not heard of anything for NBE that can't be found in the UK, except a couple of items which aren't allowed anyway. We may not have as many suppliers to hand as those who live in the US here, but we can still find everything we want (unlike some countries of course, as many people have said here that they find it hard to get NBE herbs in their own countries).

Brianna
(no login) Re: Stinging nettle root August 16 2008, 6:42 AM

What herbs are not allowed in the UK then? And what's the reason for that?

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Stinging nettle root August 17 2008, 8:55 AM

Some herbs are banned in the EU (not just the UK) because they are considered unsafe. The banned herbs are mainly Chinese. The EU is very strict about banning anything considered dangerous.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon