Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

How much of vitex?

How much of vitex?
December 11 2008 at 8:03 PM Kamila (Login Karamel83)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
after I'd done long research on this great website(precious source of info) I decided to start with taking vitex to get my hormones balanced. I just don't know how much I should take. I have the raw vitex dry berries, but all I could find was dosage of tablets or extract etc. It didn't have any instructions of using and dosage on the package I bought so I am stuck.
Could anyone help answer this question?
Thanks

Author Reply
waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: How much of vitex? December 12 2008, 5:07 AM

Hi Kamila,

I don't know what the milligram dosage on what you have is. With that info I could better advise you.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Kamila
(Login Karamel83) Re: How much of vitex? December 14 2008, 6:26 PM

Well I have the real raw vitex - berries of agnus castus bush. So I think it means it is 100% vitex or there might be some extra something e.g. the skin of berries might not contain the actual vitex substances. What I read, people usually take 800-1600mg of vitex per day. So I guess if I take 1600mg it shouldn't do any harm.
Anyway, it's same like with fennel seeds, where do you find how much of raw fennel seeds to take?
I am sorry if my post is confusing, my English isn't good, so explaining is quite hard for me Smile

Thanks

K.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: How much of vitex? December 14 2008, 6:53 PM

Hi Kamila,

Here is something I found that spoke of preparing the berries for usage:

"Vitex is available in a variety of forms including tinctures, capsules and tea made from the dried fruits of the plant. While dosage regimens vary for individuals, a standard daily recommendation is 40 milligrams of the dried herb in capsule form, or 40 drops of the herbal liquid extract. If you prefer, you can prepare a tea by infusing one teaspoon of ripe vitex berries in a cup of boiling water. It should be remembered that vitex works slowly and is not a short-term health treatment."

That came from this site:

http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001410.htm

So it seems that a teaspoon of ripe berries per cup of boiling water would be the dosage.

I am sure you could also find something about the use of raw fennel seeds. Just google it and see what comes up.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Kamila
(no login) Re: How much of vitex? December 14 2008, 8:57 PM

Thank you very much for the info. I think I should try to make tea from vitex, I am not a tea fan though Smile
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon