Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

fennel seeds and fenugreek how to take them??!

fennel seeds and fenugreek how to take them??!
November 8 2008 at 5:03 AM Jen (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi girls please help me out, iv sifted through almost all the pages before i posted this because i ddnt want to post it and some smarty goes 'look it up' on the forum BUT..

i found fennel seeds at the supermarket but finding it difficult to find fenugreek... do you think it should be available at an indian grocer? seed or ground leaves heck i dont know what it looks like! i tried looking for the tablet form under natureway vitamins but couldnt find it hence looking for its natural form as with fennel so my Q is...

how do i take fennel seeds, orally (they are odd shaped so it looks hard to swallow unless i chew it, or do i take it as a tea or .... ?? and also the dosage in terms of tbs and tsp lol i dont have a scale sorry

and also, what form of fenugreek should i take and dosage again if i were to (hopefully) find them in the supermarket! Smile

and yes i will start at prob the lowest dosage (500mg-1000mg) and ramp up i know, but would just like to know equivalence in terms of what a tbs is in grams of each respective herb and best way to take it

im waiting for my order of natureday to come so just want to supplement it with these herbs. currently started my periods so i dont want to start taking it until iv stopped because i dont want to risk spotting or prolonged periods!

stats(if anyone should want to kno in order to give advice on dosage) 19 yrs, dont smoke or drink, never been pregnant, 34A size or aussie size 10A Smile yay thats bout it, and thanks to any1 in advance for reply

Author Reply
Marianne
(no login) Re: fennel seeds and fenugreek how to take them??! November 8 2008, 10:02 PM

Fenugreek seeds shouldn't be difficult to find. If you can't find them in the supermarket, try the Asian supermarket. I think most people take them ground, so you have to find a way of grinding the seeds

Jen
(no login) Re: fennel seeds and fenugreek how to take them??! November 9 2008, 1:02 AM

thanks marianne Smile

i went to the indian grocer and i found about a 750g bag of fenugreek seeds. they sorta look like little quarter sized peas and cost about $3.50 for the whole bag. can any1 clarify if thats it or was i looking at something els haha, there was also a small spice bag that read fenugreek leaves (dried) but not nearly enough id have to buy like 10 bags for taking it for NBE Smile the store looked a little run down... i dunno if i should trust that.. i'l have a look at the vitamin store for FG pills again next week thanks!

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: fennel seeds and fenugreek how to take them??! November 9 2008, 7:30 AM

Fenugreek seeds are what you need. The leaves aren't of any use for NBE, but they make a good soup.

Jen
(Login msjen_88) Re: fennel seeds and fenugreek how to take them??! November 12 2008, 2:13 AM

thanks molly, i just got a batch the other day and beginning to make fennel and fenugreek tea, i think i will ramp up FG later but im introducing that for now
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon