Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM & Vitamin B?

Anyone know what effect vitamin B has on PM/ Estrogens?

I know i have been feeling awefully sluggish and tired. I know estrogens and the like have been linked to lack of libido and overall lack of energetic feeling. even after sleeping a good amount of hours, i still feel sleepy.

I do take a vitamin B complex but i was wondering if anyone knew if it counteracts the PM or even helps it.. certainly would like to gain the full effect of the PM, if possible...

Have you ever been anemic? I sometimes am and for some reason, it's always the last thing I consider and is so easily fixed! Now I just take a good multi-vitamin, geared for women, with lot's of iron.

If anything vit B would be beneficial.

I am slow pretty slow and sluggish Sad but i have been taking a hair, nail, and skin vitamin that has b vitamins in it and it seems to be helping a little. It was on a different post about to take that multivitamin since it has collagen and all sorts of things for healthy growth in it. so you may want to try that?

How are you sleeping?

To answer all these questions in a "nutshell" :

I have pre-hypertension stage 1 but am not on any blood thinners, predominantly my cuts clot in less than a min. I do take asprin/ibuprofin regularly, but still have a good thickness to my blood. so i am pretty sure its not anemia, plus i am rarely "cold" that comes along with anemia.

Sleep? well, i tend to get my fare share, though in the last few weeks i have been shift-hopping, soon to be settled on second shift, so i can get a normal night time sleep instead of sleeping in the land of sun. But sleep? i get enough, at least 6 to 8 hrs per "night". though this has been a long term energy exhausting situation far outside of my current shift hops...(like a six month term at least). Shift hopping only within the last month or so.

I have considered taking a multi-V geared towards women, and may do so, was just wondering before i do that if the B's would help vs harm the Pm growth, etc. I know the B complex is supposed to help with mood, energy etc..

Appreciate all your foward thinking and response to this question.

Little know fact of the day : Hard vitamins are sealed with a food grade shalac that is not digestible by the human body, break it up before swallowing( lesser "glossy " grade) or scratch teh surface. New York City dredges 10,000 lbs of undigested vitamins from their sewer yearly....( read that somewhere online) ....

thanks again Tongue

With my PM, there was somewhere on it's website that actually said it should be taken with both calcium and vit B-6, but I don't know the reason and for the life of me, I cannot find where it said that about the B-6 now. And of course I didn't follow that part of the directions.

opti-men is my favorite (but it is for men)

It just disintegrates when wet so you know it being absorbed.

Vitamin supplements have come a long way in the last decade. I think the undigested vitamins thing is more an urban myth than a present reality.

Take your vitamin, and put it in a glass of water. All the ones I've tried dissolve within an hour....and I have a feeling stomach fluid is much more effective at breaking down food than water is.

Or maybe my bottled water is just poison. I should see if the tap water breaks things down faster lol...

(16-04-2012, 10:19 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  .....Or maybe my bottled water is just poison. I should see if the tap water breaks things down faster lol...

lol i hope not Tongue gotta watch out for the "bpa" in plastics..however now they are finding bpa in canned goods.. a heck of a lot higher than they expected

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon