Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

UTI associated with nettle root and pumpkin seed oil?

UTI associated with nettle root and pumpkin seed oil?
September 25 2009 at 3:15 AM laisegirl (Login laisegirl)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok ya'll, has anyone had a problem with getting UTIs when taking NR and PSO? I started taking NR in AUg( i think, my concept of time is screwed up with being laid off), anyways, I got a UTI in aug, and it seems i have never gotten totally over it. Iwonder if it's associated with taking the NR. Anyone?

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: UTI associated with nettle root and pumpkin seed oil? September 28 2009, 6:07 AM

I can't imagine why any herb would be associated with a UTI. If you want something that will very likely get rid of it, try Colloidal Silver.

Mumma Bear
(no login) Re: UTI associated with nettle root and pumpkin seed oil? September 29 2009, 3:19 AM

If the herb lowers your estrogen levels significantly then you would be at greater risk of getting a UTI. Recurrent UTIs out of nowhere were the final piece in the puzzle in my GP figuring out my swag of symptoms were actually all caused by perimenopause. Topical estrogen (Vagifem tabs) was the answer for me - very quick relief and complete prevention!! The urethra as well as the vaginal canal are loaded with estrogen receptors and often the first place an estrogen deficiency will show up - the walls becoming fragile and thinner and much more prone to infection.

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl) Re: UTI associated with nettle root and pumpkin seed oil? October 1 2009, 1:16 AM

Wahaika, thank you for the suggestion. I read the info on the colliadal silver and some of it scares me. It talks about the possibilty of the skin turning blue or grey and it's permanant. Not sure if i want to risk that. Doo you know anythign about this????? I will con't to research it. Thank you so much!

Mumma bear, The Vagifem tabs that the you take,(ro did i read it is a topical?) can i buy them over the counter or so i have to get a scrip from a Doc? I am currently on unemployment( like half of the USA) and I have no health insurance so going to the doc is not an option. But the fact that your UTIs are associated with perimenopause is interesting. I am 44 and I know, due to family history, i am getting close to menopause. UGGGG!!!!!How the hell did i get htis old????? I have used info here to try to find herbs to ward off some of the syptoms but haven't really incorporated any of them into my routine. Guess i better start gettin serious about that too.

Wahaika and Mummabear, I am wondering if the NR and pumpkin seed oil are the culprits cuz i quit taking them for a couple days and the symptoms seemed to diminish. HOwever i took them again last night and then today they increased again. I don't have blood in my urine however the frequency to pee is strong. I think i will go off them for a couple weeks and see what happens. Something has to give i am getting tired of stopping every few 30 minutes or so topee. Its way worse at night!

Thank you both again! Take care!
Laisegirl

Mumma Bear
(no login) Re: UTI associated with nettle root and pumpkin seed oil? October 2 2009, 3:21 AM

Hi Laisegirl,
Here in Australia it's a prescription medication, I'd assume it was the same elsewhere too. Yes, it's a topical, in that it comes with a little applicator and the tablet dissolves very slowly. It's also bio-identical estrogen, not the nasty synthetic stuff. Hope this helps!

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl) Re: UTI associated with nettle root and pumpkin seed oil? October 3 2009, 1:13 AM

Mummabear, yea girl it does help. I did a littel research on it after i got your post. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until i get a job and insurance starts to go to a Doc to try it. until then I am going to stop the Nettle root and pumpkin seed oil and see if aftera awhile being off it, the symptoms stop. And if they do, maybe give it soem more time, then tyr the herbs again. until then i will just con't with things like MSM, wild yam, and fenugreek to hopefully work on my breasts. Thank you again for yourinfo. Hope all is well!
Laisegirl

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: UTI associated with nettle root and pumpkin seed oil? October 3 2009, 11:08 PM

If you get too much you can definitely have those problems. Some of them out there are not as refined as this one and that may explain why those can have that problem. It is only 10 parts per million. There is a book that can be ordered separately. You might get that also. It has a lot of good information in it. As to getting rid of infections, I have found nothing better.

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl) Wahaika. just an update October 15 2009, 1:00 AM

Wahaika, just an update for you. I quit taking the NR and pumkin seed oil approx 2 wks ago....for a few days after i stopped, i still had the UTI symptoms however i now have no uti symptoms at all.....I am gonna wait about a month and try again with the NR and PSO and see what happens. I also wonder if they conributed to my weight gain of 5 pds...or if the bad eating habits being off work finally caught up with me after 3 months....(i am almost back on track with the eating habits, so i WILL drop these pesky 5 pds)

Anyways, just wanted to update you....
Thanks again
Laisegirl
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon