Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

newbie questions

newbie questions
February 5 2010 at 5:58 AM NinaLouise (Login NinaLouise)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm planning on getting started on NBE plan very soon for the first time and I have a few questions.

First off, I did the liver detox 2 weeks ago (fasted 7 days with fruits/veggies only and lots of apple juice and then olive oil and grapefruit juice- w/ the epsom salt water..it was awful btw!) and i think i am supposed to do that once more this week..do i even need to do that if i begin to use milk thistle??? i read that detoxes the liver.

I am 29, 32AA/A, 5'5, 110 lbs, i am not stick skinny...i have fat thighs, stomach and butt, never used birth control, never had sex. as far as the online quiz i dont have any obvious hormonal imbalances. i am planning on buying the greenbush 90 day kit. im not eating carbs anymore before/after exercise and before bedtime and started to eat a lot of protein and healthy fats. no more junk food. I have started doing aeorbic exercises about 1hr a day also.

questions are:

1. when is the best time to begin the program..does it have to be on the first day of your cycle??

2. Instead of using the progesterone cream i read i can use the milk thistle for 1-2 weeks prior to starting the program. I didnt find enough specific info on that topic here. I bought this milk thistle tea: http://www.vitacost.com/Store/images/ima...004701.jpg
Is that a good product, should I have purchased pills instead? How much should I take- there arent any usage directions on the box!

3. As I mentioned I have fatty areas on my body, I have been working out to lose some body fat aside from improving health and circulation, but should I work them out after I finish the NBE program? I know its good to have a certain % of body fat to help with NBE...I am confused about this tho. I am doing aerobics now 1 hr a day and every other day I do target training like lunges, squats, and stomach crunches.

4. i read here that MSM and Dandelion are good to begin taking before a program. is that very helpful or can i do with out doing that? What do they help to do?

5. do i need to buy protein shake or is eating high protein foods enough?

6. what is the best oil to add to my diet..EPO, Borage or Cod Liver Oil??

7. For the breast massage, is the greenbush fenugreek extract more potent/better than the greenbush fenugreek powder the 90day kit comes with...and also is that powder enough to make the teas AND to be used for massage or will I need to buy more fenugreek powder or extract anyway??

SORRY SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

i really would like to have a sucessful program but i need some help getting started.

Is there anything else i should know before i begin?? thanks for your help!! God Bless. xoxo

Author Reply
Taylor
(no login) Re: newbie questions February 5 2010, 11:40 PM

You sound like you off to a great start! Looks like your doing your research, and if you look hard enough you should find the answers to all your questions on this site since it's filled with imformation. I'm not an expert on this stuff yet, but I'll try to answer your questions.

1) I don't think it's extreamly important what day you start, but I've read the first day of your cycle is best. Also it's supposted to be good to start in spring.

2)Drinking a cup or two of that tea a day for a few weeks should be sufficient. Maybe drink one in the morning and one before bed.

3)It's totally fine to work out. You don't need to gain weight for BE, but it's hard to grow if you are extreamllyyy skiiiny! As long as you are a healthy weight with a bmi of at least 19 you should be fine. A lot of women gain weight during their programs from certain herbs so working out will help if your prone to gaining in areas other than your breasts. I would keep up that aerobics program! :0)

4)I didn't take MSM or Dandelion before i started so i don't think its a nessesity. However, I'm sure it couldn't hurt to try if you are gonna wait to start your program in spring. Dandelion is supposed to add receptors to the same cell types that are found in the breasts. Msm helps your body make collegen which is needed to grow breasts. So you don't haaave to, but it might be worth while to massage with dandelion and take Msm if you getting anxious to prepare your body before you start your actual program.

5) You don't need to take a protein shake. If you get enough protien in your deit you should be fine.

6) I'm trying to find the answer to this question too haha! I'm thinking about adding one of these oils to my routien and I'm leaning twards borage. It seems to be pretty popular and i read about epo causing headaches and other side effects for some people. If you are prone to gaining weight in places other than your breast than you might wana massage with borage oil so your breasts will get the full-effect and the benefits won't spread out system wide if you take it internally.

7)This question of yours is one i can't help you much with... I think either of them would work fine. The extract is definatly good for massage, but the powder can also be used if you seep it in some oil for a few weeks. I take fenugreek capsules internally, but for massage i open up a few capsules and mix it with olive oil. Idk how much the greenbush 90day kit comes with tho...sory.

Some other advise is to not stress out about your program. It should be something you enjoy and you'll see results if your patient and stick to it. Especially when you first get started you don't wana go overboard and stress out about finding everything that could possibly help your breasts grow lol. Start simple and add stuff as you go. You look like your off to a great start though so don't worry! Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon