Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

anyone try herbs individually?

anyone try herbs individually?
May 10 2005 at 4:46 PM 74777 (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

greenbush sells capsules or liquid extracts of saw palmetto, fennel, fenugreek, & wild yam indvidually. Seems like if those are the 4 herbs to create breast tissue, would be best to take them in purest form at a high potency. Has anyone tried this?

Author Reply
Jolene
(no login) Re: anyone try herbs individually? May 11 2005, 8:22 AM

Many seem to have tried this, but the success rate of women doing it this way does not seem to be any higher (might be lower). Remember the way that herbs work for you is partly synergy, the way the herbs work together. You could miss out on this (there are also a lot more than 4 useful herbs in nbe).

prettysoulful
(no login) I'm using them now May 25 2005, 6:08 PM

I'm using Fenugreek and Saw Palmetto now. I've been using Fenugreek since February and added Saw Palmetto in March. So far, I have grown a measurable 1 inch. I'm getting about 1/4" each month with a spurt of 1/2" one month. I also take a multivitamin and hair, skin, nail supplement to make sure my other nutrient needs are being met.

One thing about the growth. I couldn't tell at first that I was growing, but it seems that for about 2 weeks between my period, my breast get quite tender like I'm about to start my cycle. A couple days after my cycle when the tenderness goes away and I'm not swollen up, I measure.

I've measured my breast out of habit for years because I always wished my breast would retain some of the swollen size. But they never did. Until NOW!

I admit, I've only been doing this for a few months, but I've planned to continue for at least 6 months with the intention of going a year if I continue to see development. I've read in several places that growth attained with the herbs for 6-9 months or longer are more likely to be permanent than size gained in a few weeks to 3 months. I have an idea now of what is meant about losing the fullness, but retaining the size as that is what I've been experiencing each month after my cycle when the swelling goes down. It's funny really because each month my breast swell bigger than month before, but when they deflate they don't get as small as they were the month before.

I also have put the Fenugreek into a lotion and I wear it at night and during the day. I usually put the contents of one of the capsules in hot water then leave it overnight and stir it before I put it in the lotion. That way I'm seldom bothered by the pasty feel I've read about. I try to massage for about 5 minutes at night before bed.

I haven't tried fennel or wild yam, but I have been using progesterone cream since April to ease some of my menstrual cramps. That may also have an effect in my breast growth especially the spurt, but I saw growth before I started using it, as well.

It all sounds like a lot but after the first month of doing it, it has become pretty routine.

Edit Message Delete Message

Lisa
(no login) Re: I'm using them now May 26 2005, 1:44 PM

Prettysouldful, I was wondering how high you dose the Fenugreek and Saw Palmetto? How much do you take of each a day?

I have been taking Breast Gain Plus for about three months now and have had only a slight increase in breast size within the first 4 to 6 weeks and since then nothing more has happened.

I am thinking about just taking single herbs if Breast Gain Plus doesn't work. I have just increased the dose by one tablet a day and hope that maybe like this I will see some more changes.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: I'm using them now May 26 2005, 9:30 PM

Right now I'm alternating between two brands of Fenugreek, one by Nature's Way and one by Solaray. The Solaray is both organic and vegetarian capsules but it is between $9-10 per 100 capsule bottle with 620mg per capsule, I can only get it from local natural stores. The Nature's Way is neither organic nor vege-caps but it is about $7 on iherb.com for a 180 capsule bottle with 610mg per capsule. No matter which one I use, I take 2 caps 3 times a day.

So far I've only used Paradise Herbs Saw Palmetto because I just trust the brand more than any of the others, but it is not the cheapest you can find. The extract is oil based so how it is manufactured and packaged is pretty important to prevent rancidity. The Paradise Herb version is standardized at a 10:1 potency, vege-caps, and is single dose meaning each capsule is 320mg. On iherb.com I can get a 60 cap bottle (2 month supply) for $20. I only take one cap a day. After 6 months or so I may bump up to 2 a day, but 1 seems to be working for me right now.

I read a study on Saw Palmetto using ovarectimized mice. It showed that mammary gland development took place in the mice when fed Saw Palmetto. That is one of the reasons I've considered bumping up my Saw Palmetto. But for now, I prefer to err on the side of caution and just take what the manufactures recommend. Of course, the Saw Palmetto dosages you will find on all the packages are based on studies performed for Benign Prostate disorders not for women, and definitely not for breast enhancement.

Lisa
(no login) Re: I'm using them now May 27 2005, 12:11 PM

Thank you for replying in such detail, I think I will try taking those two herbs as well once I have stopped taking the Breast Gain Plus.

Lara
(no login) how about black Cohosh? June 5 2005, 11:31 PM

I got both pills you are taking, PrettySoulful, and also this other one I see in breast pills called black cohosh. These are the only ones I found in my drug store.

I will be taking 500 mg of fenugreek 3 times a day, 450 mg of saw palmetto once a day, and I don't know what to do about the black cohosh...any suggestions? does the rest sound good? thank you for all your help.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: how about black Cohosh? June 6 2005, 3:40 PM

I'm reluctant to advise Black Cohosh, and I do not use it myself. It definitely has benefits, but it has been linked with liver problems, and many question its long term use.

As for Fenugreek, I believe your dosage may be a bit low for results. I am currently taking about 3000mg per day, and that is also suggested by the manufacturer so I believe it would be safe if you decide to increase the amount over time. However, only take what you are comfortable taking. A word of caution with Fenugreek, it has been known to cause bloating. Some people take Red Clover to counter this effect, but I have been able to eliminate it by taking the Fenugreek either 1 hour after or 2-3 hours before I eat a meal. It doesn't seem to affect me when I eat small snacks, but with meals I feel like I've eaten a bowling ball.

As for Saw Palmetto, be sure that you are taking the standardized extract and not the berries. The berries can be very inconsistent in their level of sterols and active ingredients, so you may find yourself wasting a lot of time and money. And with berries, you will need a lot more than 450mg to see an effect. I'm currently taking a 320mg extract(a 10:1 potency equal to 3200mg berries) one time a day. With Saw Palmetto, even naturopaths suggest the standardized extracts due to the fluctuations in berries potency. If you are taking an extract, 450mg should be okay.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Lara
(no login) uh oh June 6 2005, 8:36 PM

I trsut you about the black cohost and stop taking it. My saw palmetto says it comes from the fruit, which I assume is the berries. The dosage on the bottle is 900 MG which is 2 capsules. I should get the extract? Can I start using 3000mg of fenugreek right away? I already bumped it up to 2000mg.

Lara
(no login) how about this? June 7 2005, 1:45 AM

I do in fact have the berries and not the extract. I am going to get the extract, what should I do with the berries? Should I take them also?

I found this blend, how does it sound to you? http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?id=prod1177965&skuid=sku1177955&CATID=100166&navAction=push&navCount=4

If not, then I can just get a normal extract.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: how about this? June 7 2005, 1:46 PM

I would not get that particular product. It is a combination designed for men with benign prostate issues and I am not sure that the other herbs would be helpful. Also it is probably not a good idea to supplement vitamins and minerals such as zinc in a product like this.

Vitamin and mineral balance can be quite important. They can cause you to overabsorb one thing while underabsorbing another. I suggest you only get vitamins and minerals from foods or multivitamin/supplements that you are buying for just that reason.

Visit iherb.com and do a search for Saw Palmetto. You don't have to buy it from there, but that will give you an idea of some of the products available for sale that are just Saw Palmetto extract and not a BP product blend. Many can be found in your local health food store. I know that the Natrol line of products are available at BJ's, Sam's Club, Cosco type places in bulk. Also, Nature's Way is pretty popular and available in many health stores.

As for the berries, feel free to take them with your extract pills. Some people do that regularly. I suggest it just so you don't waste your money, I don't believe they are needed if you are using the extract.

Lara
(no login) alright June 7 2005, 5:33 PM

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?id=prod351855&skuid=sku351856&CATID=100166&navAction=push&navCount=0

How does that look for Saw Palmetto? It is Walgreens (the pharmacy's) brand. They are each 160mg so I can take it twice daily like you to make 320mg, right?

I stopped taking the black cohosh, and am currently taking 2500mg of fenugreek a day, and 900mg of saw palmetto berries. I take 2 multivitamins a day (its one serving, but at two different times), and a antioxidant A, C, and E vitamin too. Does this sound okay to you? As soon as I run out of berries, I will get the extract. Did you get any results before you added the Saw Palmetto into your regimen?

Thanks for all your help so far, by the way

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: alright June 7 2005, 6:29 PM

That Saw Palmetto sounds good.

The other doses of the herbs sound good as well.

I can't really say how much growth I had from Fenugreek vs. Fenugreek/Saw Palmetto because I started using the Saw Palmetto almost exactly one month later and I was able to see some growth before the end of that month. So, it could have been a slow response to Fenugreek or a fast response to Saw Palmetto or both.

I can say, that I believe the two are working well together, and with the results I'm getting I have no plans to change a thing. In four months I've gained over an inch and I'm not tender or bloated right now, just me.

I'm really glad to hear that you are taking multivitamins. I believe that has been an important part of my growth. I tried Fenugreek and progesterone cream a year ago with no results except some tenderness in the beginning. I didn't stay on them as long as now, nor did I see these results, but I believe now that it was partly because I wasn't taking any multivitamins. My skin, my hair, my vision, my sleep patterns, everything has improved since I started taking my vitamins.

My only advice regarding the vitamins and supplements is to make sure they contain d-tocopheryl acetate for the vitamin E and not dl-.... You probably already know that, but for long term use, the natural vitamin has been shown to be much better for the body than the synthetic.

Lisa
(no login) Prettysoulful, would you mind having a look at this for me? June 7 2005, 8:49 PM

Prettysoulful, I was wondering if you could give me some advice as well. I am taking Breast Gain Plus just now and have been for four months and it doesn't seem to be working that well at all. I have increased my two tablets to three about three weeks ago so that now I am taking 600mg Fenugreek, 525mg Fennel, 375mg Dong Quai, 187mg Blessed Thistle, 187mg Dandelion, 75mg Kelp, 75mg Watercress, 75mg L-Tyrosine and 90iu of Vitamin E a day.
The first thing is that just now I am taking some Vitamin B supplement and Silicea, both of which a doctor has recommended me to take.
I have heard that you can overdose on Vitamin E so my question to you is if it would still be safe for me to take a multi Vitamin Product in addition to the Breast Gain Plus even though there is already Vitamin E in it?
The other thing I would like to have advice on is that I am wondering if that Herbal mixture in Breast Gain Plus is enough for me to possible increase my breast size at all?
If I add up all the herbs I am taking about 2100 mg of herb a day but I don't think that all of them contain phytoestrogens or contribute to breast growth.
I just don't want to keep on taking these pills if they are never going to work, then I might as well ditch them now and go for the Fenugreek and Saw Palmetto like you.
Do you think that the ingredients in Breast Gain Plus could work, and do you think I should finish my last two bottles or just stop taking the pills?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me and thank you in advance.

Lisa

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Prettysoulful, would you mind having a look at this for me? June 7 2005, 9:41 PM

I have to admit, that aside from noting their active ingredients I have not given name brands much consideration. I say that to say, that I'm not familiar with the information on Breast Gain Plus. I don't know what the manufacturer suggests or if the product is based on herb powder or extracts, and if extracts, the potencies of these extracts.

If this product is powder-based, I would have to say that even considering the complementary relationship between herbs, it doesn't seem to have enough. I don't want to advise you on what to do with the remaining bottles. One thing to consider, many believe that the effects of herbs are only seen when enough of the product has built up in your system. Considering the dosage content of this product it may just take a longer time for the product to build up to an effective level.

If you decide to use the Fenugreek and Saw Palmetto, just read through the previous emails for some suggestions on amounts and brands. Keep in mind, everyone is likely to have different results and respond at different times.

As to the vitamin E, from the studies I've read, most don't conflict until you get to about 400 IU per day. Some suggest 200 IU. Currently, I'm taking between 225-300 IU. I'm not an expert, but I doubt you will overdose on vitamin E doses at or below 400 IU. Many of the studies have been done on older men, often with preexisting cardiovascular conditions, so we can only make the best guess we can make.

The good thing is that when you take multivitamins you have a better chance of balancing the vitamin and mineral absorptions with other enhancing or opposing vitamins and minerals. So definitely add the multivitamin if your doctor has no disagreements. You may be able to get a yea or nay from the doc with a simple phone call to the office with a question.

There should be no conflict with the B's except maybe B6, try not to take more than 100mg per day in supplement form. I'm not sure about silica, but most multi's don't include silica unless it is being used as a filler.

Lisa
(no login) Re: Prettysoulful, would you mind having a look at this for me? June 7 2005, 10:16 PM

Thanks a lot for the advice Prettysoulful, I appreciate it.
I will start taking a multivitamin product to maybe boost breast growth with that.
Do you buy yours out of normal stores or do you go to a health store? I like taking natural or organic products but I don't know if this makes a difference when taking multi vitamins.

Thanks again,

Lisa

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Prettysoulful, would you mind having a look at this for me? June 7 2005, 10:41 PM

Same here, I prefer organic and vegetarian.

But since I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for one month of vitamins or take 4-6 capsules a day, I use the basic brands.

Actually, I use both a multi and a hair, skin, nail supplement.

I was using GNC's Ultra Gold Multi, but only one a day instead of the two because I use the Country Life Maxi-Hair supplement, also one a day instead of two. I figure it balances out.

Then I found the Nature's Way Once Daily Multivitamin, so I use that with the Maxi Hair, now. It has a lot of vitamin A, so I will likely try the Nature's Way Twice Daily when I run out, but of course I will only need to use one a day with the Maxi-Hair.

Except for GNC, I get pretty much everything from iherb.com. It's just so darn cheap compared to my health stores here. Example: the Maxi-Hair. I bought a 60 capsule bottle from my local health store for about $15. Then I found a 90 capsule bottle on iherb.com for about $13. Same product, just more for less. Everything I compare is like that. My Nature's Way at the health store is about $25.00 for 100 capsules. At iherb it is about $14.50. Plus, there is no shipping when I buy $20.00 worth of stuff, and I only buy $20 plus. And it usually only takes 3 days for me to get the stuff. And best of all, they give me access to brands my local stores don't carry, like Paradise Herbs.

Lisa
(no login) Re: Prettysoulful, would you mind having a look at this for me? June 7 2005, 10:58 PM

Thanks for all the info.
Do you live in the US? I am in the UK so all the Health store stuff is a bit different here I guess so I'll just have a look about.

Thanks again,

Lisa

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Prettysoulful, would you mind having a look at this for me? June 8 2005, 12:02 AM

Yep, I'm in the US.

Lara
(no login) Wow June 8 2005, 1:57 AM

Wow, thank you for all the help!!

Since, I am using 2500mg of fenugreek now, eventually do you think I should increase it to 3000mg? Like in 2 weeks or so?

Also, where do you do all your studies? You seem to know very much on this topic which I highly respect. I respect people who know what they're getting into.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Wow June 8 2005, 1:46 PM

Thanks.

With the Fenugreek, you should have no problem going up to 3000mg. I started with 3000mg from day one, okay, I was a little excited and wanted to get things going. Fortunately, I had no problems except feeling bloated when I ate large meals, which I was able to remedy, months later, by simply taking Fenugreek between meals instead of with them.

As to my studies...

I just love the subject of natural health, and nutrition. I read a lot of info on the web, but I also read many health magazines and books. When I use the web, I will look up a topic that will lead me to another topic which I study thoroughly, which leads me to another...you get the picture. To me, it's just fun.

Lisa
(no login) Prettysoulful, another question for you :-) June 8 2005, 5:33 PM

Prettysoulful, I have now decided to stop taking Breast Gain Plus as I feel that I am wasting my time with it and would rather take single herbs.
I was wondering if you would maybe do me a favour and look at the Saw Palmetto and Fenugreek links I have from my local store and advise me on which one I would be best buying? I just don't want to get the wrong one and would really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind having a look.
The link for the differend Saw Palmetto products they sell is:
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/searchRes.asp?xs=705BDD906BC54D94A7BEABB56C01D763&searchtext=Saw+Palmetto&x=10&y=10
For the Fenugreek they only sell one product, would you mind checking it out for me and let me know if it is okay for me to take that?
The link is:
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product.asp?xs=705BDD906BC54D94A7BEABB56C01D763&PID=225&np=1&cpid=507

Sorry for asking you so much but you really seem to know your stuff and I don't
want to take something which is wrong or unhealthy and would like a second opinion and I trust yours.

Thanks for giving so much detailed advice all the time,

Lisa

Lara
(no login) Thank you! I'm ready! June 8 2005, 6:24 PM

I am going to up my doses of fenugreek to 3000mg then. I am also going to get the saw palmetto extract soon. How do you know when you are taking too many herbs at once? I also want to get either fennel or wild yam but I don't know if thats a good idea?

Which herb do you put in your lotion? Can I put in both? How do I do it? Can I leave them in there or should I open up a new capsule every time?

Also, I might start taking some of my capsules in tea form, maybe that way my body can digest it easilier.

Also, I found this website, tell me what you guys think...
http://www.greenbush.net/greenbush/hargirbrease.html

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Prettysoulful, another question for you :-) June 8 2005, 9:17 PM

Lisa,

I checked out each herb. I could only read the label for one, the 320mg standardized version of the Saw Palmetto. I also noticed that the other 2 Saw Palmetto capsules did not indicate that they are standardized even though they have more in them. I can only recommend the standardized versions as that is the only type that I would take myself. So, I would suggest the 320mg Saw Palmetto, standardized herb extract.

I looked at the Fenugreek, and noted the 610mg content of the capsules which is like the Nature's Way version that I sometimes use. I was not able to see if they used any fillers in the capsules as they did not show an ingredients list. I only use the versions that contain only Fenugreek seed, but I'm aware that there are some limitations in the varieties that are available to you. So, from what I could see of the Fenugreek, I would say that that is an acceptable version, as well.

Lisa
(no login) Re: Prettysoulful, another question for you :-) June 8 2005, 10:00 PM

Thank you very much for checking that out for me prettysoulful, I really appreciate it. I will go with them two then, I know that they have the Fenugreek in the shop so I will check if there are any fillers in it before I buy it.
Thanks for all the advice you have given, you have really helped me!!!

Regards,
Lisa

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Thank you! I'm ready! June 8 2005, 10:02 PM

Lara,

To your question regarding adding Fennel and Wild Yam, I suggest you wait on adding them to observe how your body responds to the first two. But, my opinion on each of these two is this:

Wild Yam: Wild Yam is often suggested for breast enhancement due to it having been used for the processing of estrogen from the diosgenin it contains. For some women it has had an effect. Personally, I know the content of diosgenin to be very high in Fenugreek as well. I am not certain of which herb contains the most diosgenin, but I do know that Fenugreek has quite a bit, and I have never seen anything that states that Wild Yam has more than Fenugreek. Several studies have been done using Fenugreek for other health issues such as treating high cholesterol and improving insulin responses in diabetics. Data varies, but I appreciate that Fenugreek has been and is being studied, therefore used by individuals capable of monitoring its effect on humans. Fenugreek is recommend for and used by nursing mothers who desire to increase their milk production. And Fenugreek is used as a spice and a food in many countries in the world. So, to me if I want more diosgenin, I'd just take more Fenugreek.

Fennel: It too contains phyto-chemicals, but every where I read, it is always noted as second to Fenugreek. It, also, has not be studied as extensively as Fenugreek. So, again, staying on the side of caution, I'd rather increase my Fenugreek than add another herb.

Having said all that, there is something to be said for complementary effect between herbs and it is possible that adding one or both of these herbs to Fenugreek or Saw Palmetto could enhance their effect. So, leave that option open. But, first see what effect you get, then you will know for sure whether that enhancement is needed or not.

Because herbs are essentially food, it is difficult to know if you are using too much. But, it is also difficult to use too much because you only have sooo many estrogenic and progestogenic receptors in your body. Filling them all up, and affecting everything with weak phytochemicals would be a challenge. Stomach upset and/or bloating is possible, but may just mean you need to rearrange the time you take them. Just focus on staying within the recommended or suggested levels, and you should be okay.

I use only Fenugreek in a lotion. I would not suggest using Saw Palmetto in a lotion mix due to it's susceptibility to oxidize and go rancid. It is my understanding that Saw Palmetto is fragile once extracted and not very versatile outside of the capsule.

I usually mix the Fenugreek in a small lotion bottle with a lotion and it keeps fairly well.

Capsules in tea may be helpful, I have not needed it. But I understand making it taste good can be a challenge, so be prepared. Also, I have found Fenugreek to become quite gelatinous in water, so I'm not sure what it will be like in tea.

Sorry to all for my long-winded responses, but to Lara, I hope this helps.

Lara
(no login) thank you June 8 2005, 10:18 PM

Its okay prettysoulful, I love your long answers!

In this website http://www.greenbush.net/greenbush/hargirbrease.html

I thought of maybe buying some of the extracts in liquid form, do you think that would help?

With the fenugreek, how do you put it in the lotion? Do you open up the tablet and let the contents out into the lotion and shake it? How much do you put in? Do you open a new tablet every time or do you empty a bunch and just use the same concoction every day?

I read in the website I pasted above that fennel is second only to fenugreek for its good properties that you were mentioning.

Thanks for everything!

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: thank you June 8 2005, 10:32 PM

When I put the Fenugreek in lotion, I open one or two capsules depending on how much lotion I'm blending, no real science to my method there. I don't measure the lotion content or anything. I don't put the Fenugreek directly into the lotion. Instead, I put it in a small cough medicine sized cup with a bit of warm water and let that soak overnight. It turns into a thick gelatinous mixture that is quite thick. I stir it up to make sure there are no chucks then add it to the lotion. I reuse the blend till I need to make more.

I think the extracts could be helpful. Once you get started, you can play around with a little of everything. But, I'd suggest you don't try to do everything at once or you may make yourself believe it is more trouble than it actually needs to be. Try the capsules, then build up as you see fit.

Lara
(no login) Re: thank you June 8 2005, 11:05 PM

Alright, I think I have everything I need! I am going to stick with just the fenugreek and saw aplmetto extract for now and see how it goes. I am also going to make the fenugreek cream. I will tell you if I see any results. Thanks you for eeeverything!

Lara
(no login) cream June 9 2005, 3:30 AM

I made my first fenugreek cream, but I think I put too much herb in it. When I massaged it in it became crumbly and it smells very strongly. Is this bad? Any tips?

dannielle
(no login) Re: cream June 9 2005, 3:51 AM

try a mix for menopause, they already are blended well, all things that work well with eachother, something like "Female Comfort" or something like that. TRY it, read the message i posted, all the ingredients are there, look them up

Dannielle

Lara
(no login) Dannielle June 9 2005, 12:49 PM

Why did you buy this cream? To continue lactating or for menopause?

Prettysoulful, when did you say you measured your breasts?

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Dannielle June 9 2005, 1:22 PM

I measure a couple of days after my cycle when everything is most normal, no bloating or tenderness, basically no PMS symptoms.

Lisa
(no login) Re: Dannielle June 9 2005, 3:29 PM

Prettysoulful, I just went to my local Holland and Barret shop and bought the Fenugreek extract, unfortunately they only sell Saw Palmetto 450mg berry capsules there and I don't want to buy the extract from them online because they are already so expensive, so I looked about and found this:
http://www.sawpalmetto-prostate.com/
Do you think that the product is okay for me to take? I am just not sure about the quality because it is so cheap.
Another one I found is: http://store.yahoo.com/sawpalmetto/sawpalmetto.html
but I'm not sure if they deliver to the UK.
Can you maybe check them out for me (again, sorry) and maybe let me know which one you think is okay for me to order?

I'm really sorry to bother you again with this but I just don't want to damage my body by taking something that isn't good for me.

Thanks a lot,
Lisa

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Dannielle June 9 2005, 3:43 PM

Lisa,

Like you, I'm not sure about the quality of either company. The first one seems a bit gimmicky, but it doesn't seem any worse than the other for content. I was not able to see the ingredients list for either product or any information about their extraction methods. But, I wouldn't think that either one is poisonous either. The second one claims to ship all over the world, but that may come at a premium. So, I would say just try the first one, one bottle, and see what you think about reordering. I also have no idea how reputable the company is for internet ordering, so just use caution there.

Lisa
(no login) Re: Dannielle June 9 2005, 4:23 PM

Thanks a lot prettysoulful, I will just order the first one then and see how I get on.
I have another question, while taking Breast Gain Plus you aren't supposed to drink any coffee or carbonated drinks. Now I am not too much a fan of either but now and again I like to have a cup of cappucino.
Do you drink coffee while taking your herbs and do you think that it will have a negative effect? I know that in homeopathy some doctors say that drinking coffee and being in contact with menthol can prevent the medicine from working, I am just not sure if it is the same when taking herbal meds.
Do you know about this?
Thanks again for all your help, I am really glad you are on this forum you have helped me so much.

Lisa

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Dannielle June 9 2005, 5:52 PM

I'm a tea drinker. I seldom drink coffee, and sodas even less so. But, both coffee and tea have caffeine which is considered the big no no. Caffeine is a natural diuretic and tends to wash water-soluble vitamins like B's out of the body before they can be much use and is also likely to hinder the absorption of beneficial nutrients in other ways. It is possible that it could affect phyto-hormones the same way.

I admit that while I've been taking the herbs I have tried to majorly limit my tea drinking, my primary source of caffeine. However, I still drink tea, but more green and oolong tea versus black. Of course, when I go to my favorite Persian restaurant it is next to sacrosanct to have my hot tea with dinner.

All in all, I still drink tea, but probably only half as much as I once did. I did it more for nutritional reasons when I started taking my multivitamins and supplement regularly in January, but I cracked down more when I started taking the Fenugreek in February.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: cream June 9 2005, 6:15 PM

Lara,

If you can, add more lotion. It also sounds like you may not have soaked it long enough in the water, or used too little water when you soaked it. I only use one or two capsules per about 3 oz. of lotion. But I soften the fenugreek in about 2-3 tablespoons of warm water overnight before mixing.

With my last batch, I also noticed that my non-organic fenugreek was coarser in the lotion than my organic brand. I couldn't say why, perhaps the organic company grinds it finer. But later, it became less grainy, still not as smooth as my organic brand, but it will do.

Also, the smell is not the most pleasant. I'd suggest adding an essential oil you like to it, or a more scented lotion.

Anyway, good luck, I hope it smooths out.

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) Your remedy... June 9 2005, 6:38 PM

Dear prettysoulful,
Ive been reading your entries, and you seem to know a very quite bit about taking herbs and remedies. will you please tell me your strategy on dosage of the breast enhancement using herbs?? I would like to know, what exactly you do..thanks

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Your remedy... June 9 2005, 6:50 PM

I use Fenugreek and Saw Palmetto. I do breast massage daily, and I use Fenugreek in a lotion that I mix at home. You can see the posts above for more details on how to mix it.

Right now I'm alternating between two brands of Fenugreek, one by Nature's Way and one by Solaray. The Solaray is both organic and vegetarian capsules but it is between $9-10 per 100 capsule bottle with 620mg per capsule, I can only get it from local natural stores. The Nature's Way is neither organic nor vege-caps but it is about $7 on iherb.com for a 180 capsule bottle with 610mg per capsule. No matter which one I use, I take 2 caps 3 times a day.

So far I've only used Paradise Herbs Saw Palmetto because I just trust the brand more than any of the others, but it is not the cheapest you can find. The extract is oil based so how it is manufactured and packaged is pretty important to prevent rancidity. The Paradise Herb version is standardized at a 10:1 potency, vege-caps, and is single dose meaning each capsule is 320mg. On iherb.com I can get a 60 cap bottle (2 month supply) for $20. I only take one cap a day. After 6 months or so I may bump up to 2 a day, but 1 seems to be working for me right now.

I prefer to err on the side of caution and just take what the manufactures recommend. Of course, the Saw Palmetto dosages you will find on all the packages are based on studies performed for Benign Prostate disorders not for women, and definitely not for breast enhancement.

Visit this site:

http://www.greenbush.net/greenbush/hargirbrease.html

It is helpful in helping you determine dosages of these and a few other herbs you may want to try.

I've not used their products, but the information is quite useful.

I hope this helps.

Lara
(no login) almost there June 9 2005, 7:49 PM

Hey, I got my saw palmetto extract today, and my fenugreek from before, so I am all set.

I am taking 6 tablets of 500mg of fenugreek a day, but I am taking each one seperately throughout the day with a small meal. (I eat 6-8 small meals a day, so this is no problem.) DO you think it would be better ti bunch up the fenugreek to the way you do the dosages? Having two three times a day?

I am going to take the saw palmetto extract twice daily, 160mg in the morning, and 160mg before I go to sleep. What should I do with my saw palmetto berries now? Should I just use those too? When should I use them?

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: almost there June 9 2005, 8:06 PM

It sounds like you are all set.

I would say sticking with a schedule of dosage that best matches your normal habits is probably best, so I see no need to adjust your fenugreek schedule.

As for the saw palmetto berries, I'd say split the recommended dosage between the saw palmetto extract doses and take them at the same time as the extract. They are more likely to complement the effects of the extract if they are taken at the same time, I would think.

Lara
(no login) one last thing June 11 2005, 2:50 AM

There is one last thing I want to know...how did you know when your boobs were growing? Did they tingle or hurt or become sensitive or anything at all? Or did you just realize one day? How long did it take for you to notice more or less?

Lisa
(no login) Received it today June 11 2005, 9:40 AM

Prettysoulful, I received the Saw Palmetto today which I ordered from the first website, the packaging is alright, it is just a plain plastic container with a sticker on it and it is sealed with one of those plastic things you pull off and it looks airtight. On the sticker it says that it contains 30 soft Gels, each containing 320mg of Saw Palmetto Extract standardised to 85%-95% fatty acids and steroids.
What do they mean by the steroids, is it normal that it contains that and is it alright for me to take them?
Beside from that it only tells me that it is manufactured by Saw Palmetto Harvesting, Frostproof, FL and for distribution by HealthWize.
From that info, can you tell me if it is an alright product to take?
Thank you so much for your advice,
Lisa

Lisa
(no login) Saw Palmetto June 11 2005, 10:04 AM

Prettysoulful, I just came across this website about taking Saw Palmetto for women, it tells you side effects about it (practically none) and drug interactions. Among those it says that it might affect birth control. Do you take the contraceptive pill? I do and I really don't want to get pregnant. Have you heard of this before and do you think I should take extra precaution while taking the Saw Palmetto?
I am really thrilled that I found that product as I have slightly elevated testosterone levels and this seems to counteract them so I will consult my doctor and see if she thinks that I can also use it in future as well, I only don't like the idea of my contraceptive pill not working with it.

The web adress is: http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/saw-palmetto.html

Thanks again,
Lisa

cyril
(Login Sassygirl444) Re: I'm using them now June 11 2005, 11:23 PM

Dear prettysoulful,
thanks for the response. Ive just bought the exact fenugreek & saw palmetto, is there anything else i need? And how long did it take for you to notice even a bit of change???

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) Re: your remedy June 12 2005, 4:25 AM

Dear Prettysoulful,
I appreciate your response. I admit I used Breast Gain Plus, i was somehow lured into their outlandish prices. I thought it would actually work! Im disappointed...using herbs individually sounds much more logical. I believe companies like BGP, dont have enough amount of herb, like it's watered down yet were paying so much for them.

I hope this whole new herbal thing will work for me. Ive bought the exact same fenugreek and saw palmetto that youve listed. Im taking fenugreek 2 caps 3x daily, and saw palmetto once a day. Im looking on to making the cream, do I have to boil the fenugreek? or is that bad? the herbs that you take are bulk??? what is bulk anyway? I read on the greenbush site that bulk is really good to use.

Although i try to massage every night, I'd like to know how fast u saw results using your remedy?? thanks for the information prettysoulful. Im also known as "Cyril" on my previous entries. Thanks a lot for your help. Smile

Lisa
(no login) Re: your remedy June 12 2005, 10:46 AM

Sassygirl444, I was wondering for how long you took the Breast Gain Plus Pills and if you tried to get your money back? If so, did you get it back or did they rip you off?
I am taking Breast Gain Plus myself and have for the pat four months and nothing has really happened so I'm hoping that I will get my money back.

To your question about buying bulk, it just means that for example you buy three bottles of Fenugreek instead of one and that the price for the three bottles together is cheaper than the price for the single bottle. So it is just a term and not a special form of herb.
Good luck with the herbs sassygirl444, I will start taking them myself soon and hope that we will both get more satisfying results than we did with the Breast Gain Plus pills.

Lisa

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) to Lisa June 13 2005, 5:02 AM

Hello,
I took breat gain plus for 2 months, I had a feeling nothing would happen. I havent tried to get my money back, because from what i remember, i never received a reciept or anything. I did feel a change for the first 1-2 weeks , then after that NADA. did that happen to you too lisa??

have you already started with the herbs individually? I have.. its been 2 days only! but hey its a start.

Sassygirl444

Lisa
(no login) To sassygirl444 June 13 2005, 12:01 PM

To me the same thing happened as well, I noticed how my breasts seemed to get sore and they felt a bit fuller in the first month or so, after that nothing. About three or four weeks ago I started taking three tablets instead of just two and at the moment my nipples feel quite tender but I'm not sure if that is connected to the BGP or the breast massages which I started about a week ago.
I haven't started the herbs yet, I'll just wait a bit longer and see if anything does happen after all.
Good luck with the single herbs to you though and would you mind keeping us posted on how you are getting on?

Lisa

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: I'm using them now June 13 2005, 2:56 PM

Hey all!

I hope I can answer all the questions in one post. I'll see if I cover everything.

First off Lisa, the term steroid that they use is likely the same as the 'sterol' used by many of the Saw Palmetto brands...

ster·ol (strôl, -l, str-)
n.

Any of a group of predominantly unsaturated solid alcohols of the steroid group, such as cholesterol and ergosterol, present in the fatty tissues of plants and animals.

These are the bioactive components of Saw Palmetto. They are not the same as the anabolic steroids used by athletes to get larger, but they are in the same family. Actually I have heard of bodybuilders using Saw Palmetto for bulking up, but you won't have to worry about that unless you are a weightlifting man.

As for the Pill, I don't use it. I can only suggest you consult your doctor on the effect of Saw Palmetto on the Pill. If it is suggested that you not take Saw Palmetto, keep using the Fenugreek consistantly, and I believe you will still see results. From what I have read, the two herbs just kind of boost each other's effect, so results should be possible with only one, but it may take a little longer. You may also consider trying another form of birth control for 3-4 months so you can try the herbs and see if they work. If they do work for you you may want to extend the time, but if not, you will know and can look for another BE alternative.

Keep in mind, that the purpose of all herbal enhancements is to affect your hormones, otherwise breast growth could not occur. The only reason you see so many warnings about birth control on Saw Palmetto, is because it is the one herb that the medical industry can no longer deny has real hormonal affect on the body. And safety warnings is an age-old tactic used to keep the populace paying big money for 'safe' lab designed medicines. I know that herbs are active and can have interactions with other herbs and medicines, but my policy is 'question everything'. I can say this because 15 years ago, when I first considered Saw Palmetto, and before it was THE herb for men's prostate, it was noted as an herb for women and breast development. And NO ONE was warning against its affect on birth control pills. But it still had the same components then as it does now. Only now it is cutting into someone's profits.

It will likely be about 2 months before you can tell that you are growing, but by 3 months you should know if SOME growth has occurred. My first sign of growth was earlier than usual premenstrual symptoms. My breast get tender earlier than they did before my cycle starts and the tenderness lasts a few days longer. I measure my breast several times a month just to see what kind of change is taking place, but I only determine growth by my measurements 2 to 3 days after my cycle ends. By the end of my 2nd cycle after starting Fenugreek I had grown 1/2 inch. Now, four cycles after starting Fenugreek I measure about 1 and 1/4 inch more than when I started.

Each month I still get tender earlier and stay tender longer between cycles. I believe that that is when actual growth is taking place.

Sassygirl444, I believe you have all you need to get started.

I really hope the herbs help everyone, and I'm eager to hear more about all of your results. I'll keep you posted on mine as well.

Lisa
(no login) Re: I'm using them now June 13 2005, 3:32 PM

Prettysoulful, thank you for your long reply.
Regarding taking the Saw Palmetto and the pill, I think I will just use extra contraception, but I don't really want to come off the pill as I got it prescribed for my hormonal imbalance.
The only reason I would consider to stop taking it is if you think that it might affect the effect of the Saw Palmetto. From what I have read I only figured that this would be the case the other way around, the Saw Palmetto affecting the effectiveness of the birth control pills.

I haven't started taking the herbs yet, my nipples started aching a couple of days ago and my breasts are starting to feel a bit tender now too. Usually I don't experience any tenderness in my breasts at all, the last time I felt that was when I was in puberty and my breasts actually grew.
Do you think that the Breast Gain Plus pills are maybe starting to work now, or can it be that the breast tenderness can be caused just by the breast massages I have been doing for the past week or so? Could the massages have that effect just by themselves?

Thanks,

Lisa

court
(no login) Re: I'm using them now June 13 2005, 3:34 PM

would 1" be relative to about one cup size?

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: your remedy June 13 2005, 3:37 PM

sassygirl444,

No, you don't need to boil the Fenugreek, just add a 2-3 ounces of hot water to one or 2 capsules and stir. Let the mixture set overnight and the mixture will thicken. Stir it till it is smooth, then add it to your lotion.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: I'm using them now June 13 2005, 3:52 PM

Lisa, the breast massages have been rumored to cause some breast growth on their own, but it is likely a response to your pill increase with the Breast Gain Plus combined with the breast massage. The massage helps circulate the nutrients from the herbs, and the additional pill may have tipped the scale just enough to encourage growth. The change may not be noticeable after this cycle, but after the following cycle you may be able to see some growth clearly. Good luck, your commitment may be paying off. Smile

Court,

Yes, typically 1" would be one cup. However, for me I started at a loose 32B, unfortunately, it is quite difficult to find 32C's. But I found that I now fit a 34B snuggly and can even fit a 34C unlined. Since I don't usually wear a bra, I will wait until I finish 'growing' before I buy another bra. I was hoping to be a 32D, but a snug 34C would be acceptable, hehehe.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: I'm using them now June 13 2005, 4:07 PM

Also, Lisa, I do not believe that the Pill will interfere with the Saw Palmetto. In fact after a few months of using both the Fenugreek and the Saw Palmetto, you may find your hormones balancing out quite a bit.

Lisa
(no login) Re: I'm using them now June 13 2005, 4:22 PM

Thanks for all your info and advice, I really appreciate it.
I'll let you know when I stop taking the BGP pills and when I'll be starting the herbs.
I actually found a woman who has been taking Saw Palmetto for years because of her hormone imbalance and she said that you can actually take quite a lot of it without having any side effects, that is for the imbalance. I don't think that I will be doing that but it is good to know that apparently it is that harmless.
Thanks again,
Lisa

Lara
(no login) Re: I'm using them now June 14 2005, 12:09 AM

Prettysoulful said that 1" would be around 1 cup size, more or less.

I have been using the herbs religiously now for a week, but I don't feel any different. I am very eager and am tempted to add fennel or wild yam or both. Which do you think is better, fennel or wild yam? Maybe I can lower the dose of fenugreek and add another herb in?

I saw saw plametto liquid extract the other day, do you think its good?

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) To Lisa & Prettysoulful June 14 2005, 1:42 AM

Fenugreek and saw palmetto: Day 4...My breasts seem to look fluffy. and bouncier. dont think im wierd by using those words, it would be best to describe my breasts as of right now.hehe. Im a little impressed, i wont get too excited YET! But i can feel it working, i feel pain in my chest area, and tingling sensations on and off. is that correct prettysoulful>? I will keep posts up lisa. and goodluck to you with the BGP.

Ive also began breast massages as well, & cream that i need to practice working on. ha

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) to lisa and prettysoulful June 14 2005, 1:47 AM

pls. scroll up to read my latest entry, i believe it is not easilt visible, it should also say "to lisa and prettysoulful" thanks

Lisa
(no login) To Sassygirl June 14 2005, 10:58 AM

Sassygirl, I just read your post, that does sound like you are reacting to the herbs already, GO GIRL! :-)
My breasts still feel a bit tender, my right one (the smaller one) is aching now a bit more than the left one so I am hopeful it might be catching up, fingers crossed! They also feel a bit fuller to me but when I look in the mirror they don't look much different so I'm not sure if it is just me being hopeful.
I think it is a good sign that you feel the herbs working already so early, seems that your body is really reacting to them so hopefully you will get results like prettysoulful.
Good luck,
Lisa

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: To Sassygirl June 14 2005, 1:37 PM

Lara,

Be patient.

I didn't feel any difference my first week using the herbs. I would not suggest adding another form of Saw Palmetto at this time. I would stick to the capsules for at least a month before adding another form of the herb. Don't be disappointed that others are getting results even though they have been using it for a shorter time than you have. I felt 'growing pains' before I saw growth, but I didn't know for sure that I was growing for 2 months, so it does take time. I was taking the Fenugreek for a few weeks before I had tenderness. Later, the tender periods got longer and I knew that something was happening. But, if you let yourself succomb to the 'need' to modify the system because you don't see immediate results, you will eventually make yourself more discouraged than encouraged. I know, that is what happened to me over a year ago when I tried the first time. The most important thing for now is to just stay consistent and optimistic. Remember to include some light massaging every day for a few minutes, and I believe things will go very well.

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) Re: To Sassygirl June 14 2005, 5:00 PM

is that last message for me prettysoulful?

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: To Sassygirl June 14 2005, 7:51 PM

No, Sassygirl444. That was to Lara. I just didn't change the topic when I replied to her email from above.

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) Re: To Sassygirl June 14 2005, 9:44 PM

Prettysoulful,

Thank you very much for for the advice and tips. You seem very intelligent and nice, I never really got to say thank you. I hope the remedy you've kindly given to us will help me. I think I am a little to excited, and hoping that little change will happen , i believe its been 6 days for me. Im dissappointed with the results of Breast Gain Plus, and looking to add a little something more to my boyfriend. Right now I feel a little bit of tenderness, But I DONT KNOWN YET! we'll see. Once again thank you very very much prettysoulful, And hope your sis does great with the herbs as well..

Smile

Lara
(no login) strange June 16 2005, 12:33 PM

I know this sounds strange, but do you oatmeal? I once heard that absorption of supplements can be detered by something in oatmeal, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I haven't felt any changes but am going it with religiously still. When do you think I should give up if this doesn't work? I am optimistic about this, but I am also curious.

Thank you for all your help prettysoulful.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: strange June 16 2005, 1:52 PM

Nah, I'm not a big oatmeal eater. But yes, the fiber in oatmeal, and any other high fiber food, can interfere with the body's absorption of minerals mainly, but some vitamins too. Fenugreek is quite high in soluble fiber, so I try not to take it with my meals, especially since I supplement. It wouldn't affect much anyway because it is only about 3 grams, but for long term use I prefer to take my vitamins/minerals at a different time than my Fenugreek. The oatmeal shouldn't adversely affect your response to the herbs, but if you have reservations, just take the herbs a couple hours after you eat oatmeal.

Believe me when I say, I know how you are feeling. I had no response for a few weeks when I started, and I didn't believe it was working. Even when I did have a response I couldn't detect the growth right away. It is hard to take 1/4" seriously. It took me 3 months to have enough growth that I was positive that I was growing. In fact, I'd suggest you use the herbs consistently for 3 months. Just make it a routine, breast tenderness or not, and keep at it. We know that the amount you are taking is a good amount, and has a high potential to have an effect, now you just need some time for your body to respond. Be sure you are taking a good multivitamin, it is necessary to ensure that your body absorbs and processes the phyto-hormones efficiently.

But most of all, be patient. 3 months seems like a long time, especially when you are counting each day. So, relax. Try to focus on something unrelated to the herbs and breast growth.

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) Sad June 16 2005, 9:16 PM

Yes, ive been doing this religiously too. But i'm kinda skeptical now, its been a week.. i'll keep going at it. is 1 cycle equal to a week??

Sad

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) help June 17 2005, 4:45 AM

I recently posted that my breasts were getting bigger due to the herbs.

dumb me, i didnt realize it was because of my menstrual cycle and water weight gain........

HELP?? Taking these herbs, you need patience.

I need help , i take 2 caps. of fenugreek 3X a day, and 1 cap. saw palmetto, a multivitamin, cream, and massages. Am i doing anything wrong?

It's only been a week, i know im being impatient

Help??

Lisa
(no login) Re: help June 17 2005, 8:05 AM

Why do you expect to see any results already after a week? I don't think that with anything you will ever take that could be the case, unless it is antibiotics. Herbal products take a while until they start working and you will have to take them consistently over months in order to see real results.
So stop thinking about it and keep on taking the herbs and have a look at your breasts again in a month or two but before that I wouldn't expect anything if I was you.

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: help June 17 2005, 1:32 PM

I second Lisa.

When I say 'cycle', I mean menstrual cycle. And if you start using the herbs within a week or two of your 'cycle', any swelling or tenderness could just be PMS.

Don't get discouraged. This is what I wrote to Lara, but it really applies to everyone using herbs for BE...

'Believe me when I say, I know how you are feeling. I had no response for a few weeks when I started, and I didn't believe it was working. Even when I did have a response I couldn't detect the growth right away. It is hard to take 1/4" seriously. It took me 3 months to have enough growth that I was positive that I was growing. In fact, I'd suggest you use the herbs consistently for 3 months. Just make it a routine, breast tenderness or not, and keep at it. We know that the amount you are taking is a good amount, and has a high potential to have an effect, now you just need some time for your body to respond. Be sure you are taking a good multivitamin, it is necessary to ensure that your body absorbs and processes the phyto-hormones efficiently.

But most of all, be patient. 3 months seems like a long time, especially when you are counting each day. So, relax. Try to focus on something unrelated to the herbs and breast growth.'

I really hope this helps, and please don't get discouraged so soon. Give it a few months, and stay positive.

Sassygirl444
(Login Sassygirl444) Multi-vitamin June 17 2005, 7:03 PM

What brand multi-vita. do you use prettysoulful?

And I will not get discouraged, thanks hehe

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: Multi-vitamin June 17 2005, 7:44 PM

I'm in the U.S., and my first multivitamin was by GNC called Ultra Mega Gold.

Now I use a vitamin by Nature's Way called Once Daily Multi.

I found a multi by a company called Super Nutrition, I think it is called Simply One Women. I'm thinking about trying it.

I also take a hair, skin, nail supplement called Maxi-Hair by Country Life. No matter which multi I take, I use that one.

All but the GNC brands are offered on iherb.com, but if you are not in the US, I'm sure there are many comparable brands that would work just as well.

question
(no login) To Prettysoulful June 18 2005, 4:07 AM

what is the Saw Palmetto for? Would it be okay to Just take fenugreek by itself and still get the same results?

prettysoulful
(no login) Re: To Prettysoulful June 18 2005, 9:18 PM

Saw Palmetto is considered to be an anti-androgen, meaning that it helps minimize some of the effects of testosterone, a hormone the even women have, but in smaller quantities than in men. That tends to suggest that by decreasing the effect of testosterone, it allows the effects of estrogen to have more impact on the breasts. Some have had growth using only saw palmetto.

However, if you desire to use only fenugreek, then by all means, try it. I can not say whether or not the absence of saw palmetto will have an affect on your growth. I do believe that the assistance saw palmetto gives fenugreek to express its estrogenic effects has a real affect on growth, and I would advise using them in combination.

Lara
(no login) Thanks June 19 2005, 12:54 AM

I just wanted to say thanks for all the encouragement, Prettysoulful.

Also, since you explained the importance of Saw Palmetto and Fenugreek, do you know the importances of Wild Yam and Fennel?

prettysoulful
(no login) Wild Yam and Fennel June 20 2005, 2:25 PM

Lara, to answer your question about wild yam and fennel, I have copied part of a post I submitted earlier:

Wild Yam: Wild Yam is often suggested for breast enhancement due to it having been used for the processing of estrogen from the diosgenin it contains. For some women it has had an effect. Personally, I know the content of diosgenin to be very high in Fenugreek as well. I am not certain of which herb contains the most diosgenin, but I do know that Fenugreek has quite a bit, and I have never seen anything that states that Wild Yam has more than Fenugreek. Several studies have been done using Fenugreek for other health issues such as treating high cholesterol and improving insulin responses in diabetics. Data varies, but I appreciate that Fenugreek has been and is being studied, therefore used by individuals capable of monitoring its effect on humans. Fenugreek is recommended for and used by nursing mothers who desire to increase their milk production. And Fenugreek is used as a spice and a food in many countries in the world. So, to me if I want more diosgenin, I'd just take more Fenugreek.

Fennel: It too contains phyto-chemicals, but every where I read, it is always noted as second to Fenugreek. It, also, has not been studied as extensively as Fenugreek. So, again, staying on the side of caution, I'd rather increase my Fenugreek than add another herb.

Having said all that, there is something to be said for complementary effect between herbs and it is possible that adding one or both of these herbs to Fenugreek or Saw Palmetto could enhance their effect. So, leave that option open. But, first see what effect you get, then you will know for sure whether that enhancement is needed or not.

I hope this helps a bit.

Lara
(no login) Thank you June 21 2005, 6:50 PM

I am sorry, I have read that before and completely forgot.

I am just getting really anxious, because absolutely nothing is happening. I have been taking the herbs for 2 weeks now, and I don't even feel sore. Also, I have had my period once.

Prettysoulful, how much have you grown so far, and are you still growing?

Thanks for all the help, once again.

Lara
(no login) Another thing June 21 2005, 6:53 PM

I have been taking the pills all seperately throughout the day. I am thinking maybe my body ignores it this way, or will respond to it better if it takes a bigger dosage at once. Do you think I should try taking the fenugreek 2 pills, 3 times a day instead of spreading out the 6 tablets? I think this would also make me feel safer since more people do it this way.

prettysoulful
(no login) Don't worry Lara June 21 2005, 10:14 PM

Lara,

As I mentioned before, it took me a few weeks to feel anything, and still took me 2 months to tell the difference.

If you started taking the herbs close to your cycle begining, it may take more time to see results.

W
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon