Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone Cream aka PC

I was wondering if anyone could give me a little bit more info about progesterone cream. I'm a biological female in my early 30s. I want add it to my program and cycle it with PM. I know that a few people mentioned that progesterone can stop growth (not what I want, obviously), but I also saw a few people have success with it.

Is it a biological male/female difference? How does it actually work? I want to make sure I balance out my hormones so I don't overdo it with estrogen, but I also very much hope to keep growing. Any thoughts?

Hi Malina. I'm glad you started this thread. I just started a progesterone cream during this luteal phase. This is my 3rd month on pm. I don't cycle pm so I didn't want to become estrogen dominant, either. Since I just started the progesterone cream yesterday I really cant give you any opion.

Hopefully you get some knowledgeable replies so I can figure this out too!

Thanks

Malina, the only way to find out is to just go for it. I was tired of trying to figure this out based on what others said.

You are not only trying achieve growth, but remember you are trying to achieve balance.

If you had your hormone panel done, this would be a far simpler decision. But if you can not afford to so, just try it and see how you feel.

Note: when I had added progesterone, my tests noted High progesterone but I had much higher estrogen.

I had my best growth when adding it in my second week not third. So many on here have and would continue to disagree to do this (mind you, they were based on researched facts) but this was the only way it had worked for me! (for the first 2 cycles) I had a noticeable and real growth spurt. I am so glad I did not listen.

It wasn't pumping, it wasn't herbs. It was PC that got me from a full A cup to an obvious B cup.

Its the same deal with L arginine. I knew I would be better off with all aminos blend for total body balance instead of just one of them based on MY NEEDS.

So again, you will not get all the answers you are looking for until you do it yourself and evaluate. Always base your program on your needs instead of what others advise (albeitWink we are all trying to be helpful).

Good luck Malina!

oooo, ok, tell me more. So I was planing on cycling PM first 2 weeks and then last 2 weeks PC. How would I do this if I went your route?

(If your response was directed at me)
First off, do you have any idea if you are estrogen or progesterone dominant?

If not, then you are def going to experiment here.

My guess(again, just an opinion not a true biological fact):
I'd say if you did what I did, give it 3 months. If you don't see any noticeable growth, then its obvious you have not benefited from it.

I would then start PM. This would be your guess as to whether or not to cycle with PM or just do PM topically along with your internal cycling.

I don't know your body so only you can make that decision based on your own hunch or intuition.

When PC stopped working for me, I start PM /PC and cycled PM internally as well. I did this for four months and had no noticeable results or growth.Sad

So when acne picked up, I knew I needed antiandrogens more than PM or progesterone like chemicals. I took a break from all herbs for 1 month. The following month was when I decided to drop PM,PC, Progestins and do only PM topically through out the whole entire cycle, every day while I figure out what my newly tweaked program for the future was going to include.

first 3 months of NBE- grew from PC alone

the next 4 months of NBE- (PM/herbs combo w/ pumping) nothing

month #8- anti andros / minor pumping + aminos+ topical PM= new growth

So far(for me anyway), its working out even better this time.

Yeah, that was definitely directed at you. I'm not sure what kind of dominant I am, but I'm guessing given some symptoms it's estrogen not progesterone. It's true for experimenting. So far, PM seems to do me good. I think I've mentioned I'm wearing the Brava abomination, PM helps me keep my swelling throughout the day. That happened almost the first day I took PM, so it may have been a coincidence. I do want to make sure I cycle, I don't want to overload my body with it. So I guess I'll give PC cream a go this time around as the second part of the cycle and see what comes of it. But I do appreciate your info, it's something to take into consideration, for sure.

Tibetan,
When you used PC the second week of cycle, was your period delayed? Since I read that using PC before ovulation delays ovulation, therefore, delaying period.
Thank You!

Hi Melissa, I had not noticed any delays. However, it could be different for you or anyone else. I had used PC before on lut phases and have never had a growth spurt like I had when using it on the 2nd week of Foll. phase. I guess you can say I was experimentingBig Grin

Also, I did have better dietary habits as noted in my program page.

Thanks Tibetan!
So did use PC from the second week of follicular phase until the day your period came? Or do you withdraw from PC a few days to allow menstruation?

I used it till 2 days before my menses.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon