Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to measure out powder?

Can someone please tell me how I can measure out 800mg of Goat's Rue powder? I'm not going to be filling my own capsules or anything, so I need to know how to measure that amount through other means.

Thanks!

Hi shortcake,

800 mg is a small flat teaspoon. I use a letter scale or a diet scale, throw 30 teaspoons on it, and weigh what it adds up to.

Thank you for your help on that, Isabelle! Now I have another question for you. This is completely my own fault due to lack of really paying attention to what I was ordering, but it turns out the GR I ordered is not powder, it's dried herb. Blush I guess my first clue should have been that it was listed under the heading of "Bulk Herbs." But it came up when I did a search for Goat's Rue powder and I was in a hurry to order something that would arrive quickly. My own fault. Anyway, I have no problem making a tea of it, but I'm needing to take 1800-2000mg per day and I'm not sure how to make sure that's how much I'm getting when taking it as a tea. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi shortcake,

I use dried herb too, 4,000 mg as tea in three batches. I have a porcelain mug, with a porcelain tea strainer in it, and a lid. I fill 1/3 of the strainer for each mug of tea. Filling 1/3 of the strainer 10 or 20 times and weighing the total told me how much that is.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon