Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava update 20 weeks

end 20 weeks
April 7 2007 at 4:20 AM nikky (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, i have now worn the device for 20 weeks.
here are my stats - i nursed two children - my boobs were D's when i nursed and after they were flat small B's

i wore the device every single day except 2 - the first day i missed was in week 12 and the second day was in week 18.

i wore it every day a minimum of 10 hours but mostly for 12 or above.

at one point i started sucking the air out manually to get more suction and my domes bit the dust within a few weeks so i just recently had to buy new ones.

i know that i had it on properly because when i took the tubes off in the morning i heard the "hissing" of the domes and my breasts were swollen.

so - after 20 weeks i am quitting. i am not one little teeny bit bigger than i was before. i still fit the same bra in the same way i did when i started.

i am so dissapointed. i am sorry that i had to pay 1,000 to realize that i should just be happy with myself the way i am -- oh and then wait for them to figure out how to transfer belly fat into the breasts. =)

i hope everyone has a different outcome than me. i know the device works differently for different people. i will probably be posting my system on ebay soon if anyone is interested - the domes are practically new. just like 3 weeks.
good luck out there in brava land

Author Reply
minhina
(Login minhina) disappointment April 7 2007, 10:00 AM

Hi
I am sorry to hear that the system did not work..especially given the amount of energy you seems to have put into it...20 weeks! that is so amazing...
I have just started using it and I can imagine achieving same outcome that you...I cant allow myself to be too pessimistic, i would not otherwise use the device, so I have to mantain some levels of hope. Nevertheless occasionally i think i have no control over it working or not..as if it was a question of luck: you are one of those for whom system works or you aren't...(given that you comply with treatment, just as you did, and as i intend doing).
But yes..i imagine the pain, of after 20 weeks wearing this thing comig to the same conclusion as before: i have to accept myself as i am...dammit if this was so simple you would not have bought the device (1000) and worn it for 20 weeks.
But yes, now you are like 20 weeks ago, with an added disapointment...

is funny what you say about the belly fat transfered to breasts...
One of the new procedures that might hit the market in around 5 years (well that is what they say) consists in extracting fat from the individual and together with stem cells, grow breats tissue to be injected into breasts..It will be own tissue, hence no side effects, and same shape and touch than natural breasts...

i hope that when this is availabale I have reached a good enough level of confidence not to do, and to have learnt simply to like myself...

Edit Message Delete Message

nikky
(no login) update 20 weeks April 9 2007, 6:44 PM

it has now been five days since i have taken off the system and now i am even morso dissapointed.

the little bit of growth i acheived has now gone =( i can't beleive it. i have to admit i thought that even people who were growing as slow as me, if i just put in the time, energy and hours - i thought i could get results. i was wrong. some people simply do not grow from the brava. =(

the other disturbing thing for all you breastfeeding mothers...
when i got pregnant my nipples got very dark. somewhere around week 15 in the system i noticed the pigment in my breast changing - my skin was flaking off leaving a spotted (half dark/halflight)nipple! i moisturized every day - finally - after week 20 i actually scraped (ouch)off the remaining darker bits - it was very hard to do so - i was pretty sure my skin didn't want to let it go. but i didn't want spotted nipples either.
buyer beware i guess... just shows you, you dont know what you are working with until you have taken the system off for a few days.

Update
May 14 2009 at 5:10 PM Rox3 (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am just finishing up my 17th week with no missed nights using the smartbox. Still getting about 1" of swelling in the morning, but I don't seem to have any new growth since about week 12 or so. I measure the same 35" in the evening that I did 4 weeks ago. I'll keep you posted...

Author Reply
elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Update May 15 2009, 8:52 AM

Thanks for the update, Rox!

It seems that the growth / increase in retention comess in increments. Several times people have reported of the same retention, week after week after week, and then Bam! it jumps up to the next level! How long are you planning to go for?

If I was you I would quit using the smartbox and start doing your own airlock instead! When I did my reserach for the "35 results" thread I read the same comment over and over - those that stopped using the smartbox and started to use their owen airlock did get more swelling and better results. I remember one girl who said that she believed she'd have grown more if she started using the airlock earlier on, instead of using smartbox more than half the time.

I use Louise' technique for getting maximum swelling: just suck out enough air so it doesn't hurt anywhere or the rims start rolling in, then wait 15-30 min and suck out some more air. Keep going like this, sometimes also letting out air if it starts to feel uncomfortable. The airlock is simply a rubberband on the folded tubing! It works great, I never have any leaks.

Of course people have had results with the smartbox (all studies are done with the smartbox, I suppose!), so you will probably get results with the smartbox as well, but I believe you could get more with the airlock ; )

Rox3
(no login) Re: Update May 15 2009, 11:56 PM

Next week is my last week since I'll be on vacation in Florida for 7 days. Looking forward to sleeping without those puppies on!!! I just ordered Noogle so I'll do that over the summer and do Cycle #2 in the fall with Brava.

I may try the airlock...what do I have to lose. I'm not measuring any more for the last 5 weeks and I feel like I've "stalled". I've got an inch growth in 17 weeks but honestly, you'd never notice. I'm still an A cup Sad

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Update May 16 2009, 1:43 AM

Yes, but an inch growth will after next winter potentially be 2 or 3, and I'm sure that WILL be noticable! I bet the extra inch looks lovely too. Just filling out the breasts makes a nice difference. Don't you feel that extra bit sexier naked? Congratulations on the results of your dedication and good luck with the noogle. Here's to next years noticeably bigger boobies!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Update May 16 2009, 2:47 AM

Rox,
An inch in 17 weeks is fantastic. If I get an inch that I retain after a year of wearing these frickin domes, I will be ecstatic. When you are coming from absolutely nothing, zero, notta....an inch is like heaven.
Hang in there. I know it is all relative and that you are wanting your breasts to be the size you want according to where you are starting. I agree that next cycle, an inch of growth can turn into 2" or 3".
As Stacy keeps reminding us, we are growing breast tissue "drop by drop." It takes a long time. Your results are amazing!
Have a great vacation, enjoy your summer, and store the domes under a huge comforter and forget about them until colder weather!

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Update May 20 2009, 8:15 PM

Rox,
your vacation is soon coming up, I suppose! How has your last week been? Do keep us updated what happens when you stop for a while - and then go get that next inch (and next after that.... ) ; )

Rox3
(no login) Re: Update May 22 2009, 12:39 AM

I am finishing up my 18th week and will take a break for the summer. Leaving for vacation this Sunday so Saturday night that's it. I'll measure with the tape measure and post and let everyone know how much growth I got after 18 weeks of wear. And, I'll measure again after a week to see if I lost any of it. Waiting for my Noogleberry to arrive. Can't wait to see how much swelling I can get. The most I've ever gotten with Brava is an inch and a half, which went away in a couple hours. But boy do "the girls" look nice in the morning Smile

Finished! 30 Weeks, average 15 hours per day....3155 hours total....
February 1 2008 at 8:05 PM Louise (Login Louise1982)

Right girls I've finished Brava. Will keep measuring and taking photos for the next 2 weeks but after 36 hours the recoil has been minimal and I'd say I've only lost about 10% of what I saw in the evenings.

Here's my measurements:

(I only check weight and waist measures in the morning on an empty stomach as I get bloated easily if I eat)

Initial Measurements 17.06.07 Recap:

Height 5'1
Weight 120lbs
Hips 36
Waist 25
Underbust 28
Underbust breathing out 26.5
Bust 31
Bust bending 32.5

12 Hours Post-Brava:

Underbust 27.5
Bust 33.5
Bust bending: 34.25

24 Hours Post-Brava:

Height 5'1
Weight 105lbs
Hips 35.5
Waist 24
Underbust 26.5
Underbust breathing out 25.5 (2 inches too small for Brava - show's what they know!)
Bust 33
Bust bending 34.25

36 Hours Post-Brava:

Underbust 26.75
Bust 33
Bust bending: 34.25

The oldest 32C bra fits well, the other 32Cs are tight, most 32Ds are full / almost full. 30D too small, 30E still got a bit of room. 34B cups fit but band huge, 34C good fit in padded style, cups pretty full in non-padded but band huge. I think I'm either a 30DD or 31D. Looks like I gained about 1.5-2 cups. The bras I bought to wear with the silicone inserts I can now wear without them and a padded push up almost looks like too much. What I need now is more roundness and fullness so they look bigger out of a bra but at least progress is being made.

Went from a difference between the underbust and bust measurements being 3-4 inches (equivalent to AA-A) to 6-6.5 inches (equivalent to C-C/D).

Hope to begin BB in 2 weeks....roll on the D cup!

Author Reply

Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl) Re: Finished! 30 Weeks, average 15 hours per day....3155 hours total.... February 2 2008, 5:44 AM

That is so inspiring. CONGRATULATIONS, LOUISE!!!!!

Your hard work and dedication really paid off!!!!!

I wish I had your measurements.

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Finished! 30 Weeks, average 15 hours per day....3155 hours total.... February 2 2008, 9:46 PM

Well Done, you've done Amazing! You've got a great result, especially considering you've loosed quite a bit of weight at the same time. It shows true dedication that you were able to stick with it for that long and get so many hours in Big Grin It'll be nice to have a rest from it I'm sure!

Laura37
(Login kicks6212) new user--excited user! February 3 2008, 9:00 AM

My hubby and I have just started researching the Brava system, and stumbled across this forum. First off, we're impressed with the information and community. Second, Louise, you said you're posting your pics...a lot of people said they are. Where are all these pics posted to anyway? Brava looks like a good system, but I don't want to trust just their website--the proof is in the pudding, after all.

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: Finished! 30 Weeks, average 15 hours per day....3155 hours total.... February 3 2008, 1:39 PM

Congrats Louise!

I look forward to the "final verdict" =P

Warmly,
Cara

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Finished! 30 Weeks, average 15 hours per day....3155 hours total.... February 3 2008, 2:59 PM

congrats! i'm really happy for you. and thanks for answering my questions and offering advice!!! i'm happy you've grown (while losing weight - amazing)! im sure you're super happy with your new body!

Louise
(no login) Re: Finished! 30 Weeks, average 15 hours per day....3155 hours total.... February 3 2008, 8:02 PM

Thanks for the support girls, 3.5 days later still about the same so hopefully that's final. Still got more to lose on the legs but just want you all to keep your heads up because it really DOES work. Ok, it's expensive and it's hard going and the result is far from implants but the average implant is 250cc for a 2 cup increase, if I can get that from 2 or even 3 Brava cycles then I've grown real boobs that don't look misshapen / fake / hard etc and I've avoided the risks of anaesthetic and post-op infection.

Laura - if you're willing to put in the money and the hours then go for it but have a good look at your life and consider if you can get in the hours required. I work full time so that means no social life, just work and Brava. I put the domes on as soon as I got in every evening and then did extra hours in the daytime on my days off to keep my average to 15 hours per day. I could only go out in the evening if I had the following day off to stay indoors and make up the hours. On the bright side I now have bigger boobs than when I was 30 lbs heavier this time last year, so I've dropped 2-3 dress sizes and my boobs are bigger not smaller. Also, I have taken loads of pics as it's easy to forget how small you are to start but I won't be posting any. There are a couple of Brava results in the Personal Picture Pages section about halfway down on the right hand side of the front page - look up Diana1978 and Manoloblah. Also have a look at www.brava-results.com, basically nearly all show varying degrees of growth and fullness but everyone shows some improvement and none of them used for as long as I did.

Good luck to everyone else, and good luck to me on my next venture....BB

fullness
(Login Fullnesss)
SENIOR MEMBER well done !! February 4 2008, 11:32 AM

Well done girl!!! You KNOW u deserved those boobies lol you worked so hard for them lol congrats, now to bb and beyond....... x

Excercise is a dirty word! Every time i hear it i wash my mouth out with chocolate!

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Finished! 30 Weeks, average 15 hours per day....3155 hours total.... February 4 2008, 1:43 PM

Congratulations Louise!! You've done great - especially with losing weight too. I just completed 10 weeks of my second cycle averaging about 13 hours per day. I'm aiming for another 8 - 10 weeks. I really like how they look up to about 6 - 8 hours of having the domes off but I don't want to quit yet because by the time I'm putting them back on again I still see that I want more. I have filled out a little more on the sides near the top because I can no longer see my pec muscles under the skin, but size wise, I would like to keep what I am seeing after having the domes are off about 6 hours. Here's hoping I'll make more progress. I am also trying to lose that last 10 lbs. so I don't want to offset my gains since I normally lose weight on my top half first instead of my hips and thighs where I really need to lose! Again, congratulations!

it works!
September 2 2008 at 7:28 AM StacyEllen (Login StacyEllen)

I never intended to post anything here...I just enjoy reading your messages when I can't sleep because of my brava domes! I can see that so many of you are discouraged because Brava is such HARD WORK and so many of you don't see results. I just want to post my story, maybe it will encourage someone to keep going. I bought Brava about 4 years ago, after I weaned my second child. I still had some pregnancy weight and was wearing a 36A bra, filling it out. I happily lost 15 pounds and looked great, but lost whatever boobs I did have. My A cups were baggy. It was all I could think about. I would never get implants, but I suddenly started thinking about them all the time. I felt so ugly and unsexy. Buying brava was a last resort for me. I decided it was probably going to be a waste of money, but I had to try. The first night was so bad I thougth I would never use it again. I slept two hours ( I am a belly sleeper) and I felt like a weight was crushing my chest. But I decided that since I had spent the money, I was going to stick it out for 10 weeks. By the end of week 5, I noticed that at night, my bras were fitting better. Obviously, not what I wanted, but enough to be encouraged. I went on for 32 weeks. Wearing the domes became second nature. I still had nights where I didn't sleep well, and it was self sacrificing for me and my hubby, as cuddling was hard! But by the time I stopped (I averaged 11 hours a day, only missed one day because of a vomiting bug)I was a pretty good sized B. The following year I did it again, this time for 20 weeks (had to stop when I discovered I was pregnant again) When I stopped I was a small C. The true test was to see what happened to my growth after pregnancy and breastfeeding. I breastfed this one for 1 1/2 years, and after weaning and losing all pregnancy weight, I was still a small B. (very saggy) The breastfeeding did make me lose all my "fluffiness" that I had gained with Brava, but I was still quite a bit bigger than the small A I had originally started with. I still had a "handfull", compared to the flat chest with a mosquito bite that I had before! So, greedy for more, of course, I am on week 5 of my third cycle. I am just hoping to get back what I had before baby #3. Once my swelling is gone, I stare at myself and think, I am no bigger yet. Darn. But I put on one of my 34B bras and my boobs are beginning to pop over the top. My Victoria's Secret 34B padded bra definitely fits better. Something is happening. I am hoping to be happy with my growth at 10 weeks, and then I will go another 10 to keep it. (I say I will stop thereSmile

So for all of you who are up at night wondering if you are gullible and stupid for going through all of this, I wanted to tell my story. I consider Brava, with all of it's aggrevation to be the best decision I ever made. It gave me a confidence with my body that I never had before. For me, it really helps to take it one day at a time (however cliche it may be)thinking of it over the long haul is overwhelming when you are sweaty and uncomfortable and awake at night. I keep telling myself that tomorrow night may be better (and it usually is) and I think how great I will look in my top in the morning with my almost D swelled breasts!!!!! Having success years ago certainly makes my discomfort worthwhile. I hope this encourages one of you!!!!!

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: it works! September 2 2008, 12:24 PM

It's so great to hear from someone who has done several cycles. I got a good result with 30 weeks the first time and last night was the first night of my second round - slept fine! Hope you get the elusive C cup. Thanks for the encouragement, I think we all need it x

jennifer
(no login) Re: it works! September 3 2008, 4:03 AM

Thanks StacyEllen for sharing your successful story. It's just what I need the most. Wish you the best.
jennifer

jennifer
(no login) Re: it works! September 4 2008, 3:25 AM

stacyellen,
Do you have to buy new domes since you have been wearing them for 52 weeks? If you did, was it because the old domes were worn out or you grew out of them?

StacyEllen
(Login StacyEllen) Re: it works! September 4 2008, 12:40 PM

I originally started out with medium domes. I moved to large after cycle one. I wore my larges for my second cycle of 20 weeks, plus I still wear them from time to time now. They have little tackiness left, but I can still wear them because I suck the air out so tightly (I don't use the smartbox anymore) that they stay on. I prefer them because even though I have new domes, the new ones with all the stickiness are more irritating to my skin. I have not outgrown the large size, although in the morning it is pretty close. I chose not to buy extra large because I heard they are so large that they are ridiculous, and frankly, I can barely stand the larges. I can't pick up my two year old and doing any housework is impossible (sometimes I try to empty the dishwasher or something before I take them off in the morning) Even though I am close to touching the domes in the morning, it isn't the ends.....it is hard to explain but my breasts swell inward, rather than straight out, because my breasts must be closer together than the average????? Vivian said to get the same size again, because when you are lying down your breasts "spread out" rather than stick straight out, so the only time my breasts are close to touching is when I get out of bed. If I do outgrow my domes, I don't think I will buy bigger ones until next year, if I decide to keep going. I almost died when I found out the domes are $275 now....a few years ago they were $160. I don't want to fork out anymore money this year! I am hoping to finish 20 weeks at a full B/small C and be happy with that.

Brava this far
July 18 2009 at 2:38 PM roakie (Login roakie)

Okay, here I am at 37 weeks! These domes are still irritating and my skin is still red all day after I take them off. But the bigger problem is this...

The swelling after 12 hours is getting less! How can that be? I hear everyone talk about outgrowing their domes, and I still have about 5" to go until I hit the end. There have been a few nights, here and there, where my boobs swelled large, but there is no correlation to anything. I use the Noogleberry pump, and if I pumped any harder, the pressure of the rims in my chest would kill me. Sometimes I pump them to the point that I have to let the pressure out in the middle of the night because the hard rims are digging into my chest too hard. So, I know it isn't a "lost pressure" problem.

I don't take anything to inhibit the swelling. I am on bioidentical hormones, take Flax oil, EPO, natural thyroid as prescribed by the doctor, eat extremely well, etc. I don't think I can do anything more. The main factor I can think of is that I am past menopause.

After 37 weeks, and after 12 hours, I am perhaps 1" - 1 1/2" bigger, so you can imagine what will happen if I lose half of that after stopping.

Should I just bag it? Forget this altogether? Or, do I go for 2 years now???? Should Brava post that this doesn't work for menopausal women?

Author Reply
StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Brava this far July 18 2009, 5:44 PM

Wow, Roakie....37 weeks is incredible. You must be ready to throw those domes against a wall. Maybe you should stop and just give your body a break. See what you look like and then reevaluate. I do think Brava must not work for everyone, since we have all read the stories of disappointment. Look at me, it worked for me, but I am not really much happier with my body. Yes, I am definitely not as self conscious, but that beautiful brava swelling ruins your real breasts forever, in your mind anyway! You get used to they way they look swelled, and feel flat chested when they aren't.....I intended to stop once I hit a full B/small C and all I think about is what I can do to make my boobs swollen! Herbs and noogle are disappointing next to the quick fix of brava. I just can't stand the thought of brava right now.

I am sorry brava has been such a long journey with disappointing results, so far, Roakie. IT stinks.

J.J.
(no login) Re: Brava this far July 18 2009, 6:55 PM

Roakie,

Sorry to hear you are getting so discouraged. 37 weeks is a very long time. Have you thought about doing the CD's with the hypnosis thing that Nyah mentioned? I guess if I were you and I tried that on top of everything else and still very little significant progress then I might call it all off. It all depends upon how much of a sacrifice it is for you to keep using Brava. If it isn't a huge inconvenience or problem with the rashes, I would keep going even if the results thus far are not huge. But, if it is something really hard to live with, then I might just give it up. I guess in the end you need to decide for yourself, but we are all pulling for you! If you leave we will miss you.

I never saw anything on the Brava site about how this works with women past menopause. But, if you look at the www.bravaresults.com site, none of those ladies is old enough to be past menopause. They might not have as many results for women in that stage of life.

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: Brava this far July 18 2009, 8:36 PM

Wow....you are a strong woman. I'm at week 7 and about at my wits end! I did read somewhere on the site that it is not for women past 40. Something about it...can't remember details. I will investigate further and get back to you! 1 to 1.5 inches is good though! As long as you retain it that is. Fingers and toes crossed for ya....

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava this far July 18 2009, 9:49 PM

I am sorry that you feel this way Roakie, but I don't think you have less of a chance because of menopause. We've had a member here called JellyDee who had amazing results with NBE(I think from a cup to D cup) and she was past menopause. She is now using Noogleberry and having good results I think. Don't give up just yet. After all, it takes years to grow some decent breasts for most girls.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava this far July 19 2009, 12:38 AM

A BIG THANK YOU to all of you for your replies and encouragement. Okay....I am not ready to give up quite yet. I just turned 55 today! I do not have a job or little kids to stand in the way of my continuing on for the full year, at least. Also, I was actually wondering if I should order one of those hypnosis tapes like Nyah mentioned. I think it is worth a try and I will order one. I also just started 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed in yogurt each morning (2 days so far!) because it is supposed to play some factor in natural breast enlargement. I am also taking 2 flaxseed oil capsules each morning. In either case, the ground flaxseed is supposed to be very helpful for any kind of hormonal symptoms.

The worst part of the domes is the left side, right under my arm. No matter how I position them, they pinch in the same spot and the skin is slightly raw. I can't keep a bandaid on.

Has anyone ever had a sore spot there? If so, any advice?

This message has been edited by roakie on Jul 19, 2009 3:06 AM

Nyah
(no login) All My Brava Women July 19 2009, 10:31 PM

Hey Ladies,

First of all, I'd Like to commend all of you for your hard work and dedication to Brava! I know it isn't easy, trust me, I've been there. I am not a member of the Forum, however, I have been browsing through during my Brava days. As I mentioned before, I packed up my Domes(for good) in early April of 2009. I would swell up to a large C, small D-cup while wearing the domes. But after 10-12hrs of not wearing them, I was a small B. I experinced 2 1/2 inches of growth post 1 month of brava use. It may sound like alot, but it only gave me a large A-cup.

I fell in love with myself every morning, and hated to see me shrink by the afternoon. I suffered from mild depression during my Brava days. I became discouraged and quite frustrated. I had no social life and my love life was placed on pause for a while. After almost 11 months of brava, I was thankful, yet not quite satisfied with my results.

Roakie,

Look up Steve G. Jones' website and give him a try. Your body is AMAZING and it will accomplish anything you put your MIND to! I tell myself that I'm a large D-cup everyday.... lol. It may seem silly, but it got me from 35 1/2 to 37 inches in less than 3 weeks (just measured today). My goal is 38 inches... I wont stop til I get there. Buy the CD and before you use it... dig out that picture you took with all of the Brava swelling (I know you have one *smile*). While listening to the CD (or MP3) imagine yourself becoming that size...or perhaps BIGGER!

The Brava and hypnotherapy CD may seem like a great combo. I'm just concerned that seeing your swelling go away may counter the image of yourself GROWING. I'm not telling any of you ladies to STOP using the Brava. I just know that we All have the same goal. We want to achieve it as painless, safely, and quickly as possible. I hope you can understand I mean well. Kudos to you and whatever you decide with NBE.

xoxo
Nyah

P.s.

As far as the raw, or tender skin under the armpit Roakie.... I posted Tips for Brava in March so you may wanna check that out. If you need to wear bandaids thats not a good thing. I was told to stop for a few days (2 or 3) and use Aveeno products. The Brava is supposed to be PAINLESS! Please don't continue if it isn't.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava this far July 20 2009, 1:51 AM

Thanks, Nyah. I will order the tape!

Perhaps the one thing I have going for me is that I actually don't like what I look like when the domes come off first thing. Even a size C is too big for my liking. I have always been totally flat-chested, tall and thin. I actually like the "flatter" look. So all I really want to achieve is a size A. That would make me happy. Primarily, I am trying to cover up a rib cage deformity where one side of my ribcage is quite depressed, making the breast area look hollow so the sternum sticks out. If I can achieve a small bit of permanent growth, I will be absolutely thrilled!

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Brava this far July 20 2009, 8:20 PM

You know Roakie... it is not for sure you will loose that much after you finish using Brava. I did not loose an inch after I finished, I lost a little less than half an inch (1 cm). I say: stay optimistic, you seem to be going good, quite slow but steady.

I think you should stop using Brava soon and see how it went. I think you need a little break from NBE ... both your body and your mind. I know I have never spent as much time hating my breasts as during that time I am doing NBE. I noticed recently that my breasts are more uneven then I thought and now I am more self aware about them then ever. I can't wait to finish evening them out!

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Encouragement for older women July 21 2009, 4:54 AM

Hi Roakie,

I have been doing Brava since Jan. 2009. I took a three-week break @ the end of April & into May, then started my second session on May 11, 2009. I just turned 54 & am a mother of 4. I had very small AA(or AAA!) breasts to begin with, then after breast feeding all of my kids I ended up looking like a boy! I had no chest & always wore "enhancers" so I would look normal. After my first session I actually filled out an A bra & had these cute little breasts & I started feeling like a woman again! I am in the middle of my second session(about 8 weeks into it)& I can tell that I am gaining some more. My last menstrual period was in April, so I'm not sure if I am "done" with that part of my life or not. I guess time will tell! My periods have been irregular for the last 6-8 months or so. I guess I am not really post-menopausal yet(I don't know for sure),but I just thought that I could encourage some of the older gals out there not to give up! I am athletic & slim, & eat healthy like you(except for my addiction to chocolate!), & am told all the time that I look 10 years younger than I really am. I have found this forum to be very informative & a great support. I have been reading it for awhile but haven't posted. I felt I just had to after reading your saga.

Best of Luck;

Kiagirl

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava this far July 21 2009, 5:34 AM

Oh my gosh, Kiagirl...thank you SO SO much for posting. I don't feel so alone in my age group anymore! You have given me a huge spurt of enthusiasm to keep going. I am sitting here with the domes one, wanting to rip them off and be done with this whole journey, but I also don't want to stop, either. I feel like I have gotten this far, there is a tiny bit of actual growth, and I should keep going. I think I will take a break when my year is up, for perhaps a month or so, and then start again.

Lucky you to have started Brava while you still have some hormones lurking around, even though they are waning. My blood and saliva tests showed that I was virtually depleted of anything resembling normal hormonal levels for a woman of my age, menopausal or not. I went through menopause at 48, which is quite early, I think. I don't like the idea of taking bio-identical hormones but I also felt like I was aging way too fast, physically and mentally. Thankfully, I am working with an excellent doctor.

Please keep posting from time to time. You have no idea how much support you can provide me, and the rest of us who are just trying to make it through another Brava night! Best of luck to you and "keep on growing!"

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Brava this far July 21 2009, 10:28 PM

Roakie, your post got me thinking...

If you are pretty much depleted of estrogen, phytoestrogens should indeed have an effect on you. All I can think of that may have worked against you is your low weight. That's where Brava should be able to make a difference because both Brava and Bovine Ovary are supposed to work even for women with low body fat, while herbs seem to work best for those who have a bit of fat on them already.

Could the combination BO and Brava work for you perhaps?

Also your post made me wonder about another thing.

If Vitex work to normalise and balance our hormone levels, what happens if one takes Vitex after menopause? Would it encourage the body to create more estrogen and progesterone to match the remaining testosterone levels OR would it lower the testosterone to match the super low estrogen and progesterone levels?

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava this far July 22 2009, 1:52 AM

Hi, Fennel Fairy!
I am a bit worried about taking anything, herbs or otherwise, for fear it will mess with the bio-identical hormones and thyroid that the doctor has prescribed. I have only been on these since the end of March. I don't feel a whole lot different but he is trying to get me up to basic levels for a women of my age. It is encouraging that Brava is not so dependent on already having body fat. It's not that I am trying to be thin. This is just my natural body. It's also interesting that both of my daughters have nice breasts and curvaceous figures. They take after their Dad. But my brother, who is skinny like me with a skinny wife as well, has two daughters with large breasts! So, I know that it is not just my body weight. I could put on 20 pounds and it would ALL be on my butt with huge saddlebags swinging out the sides!

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Brava this far July 22 2009, 9:01 AM

What's up with your thyroid? Does it produce too much? The reason I ask is that I myself is taking levothyroxine because my metabolism is far too slow because of an under-active thyroid. Started the meds early this year, after I had long finished NBE.

Thyroid meds take a long time to work so there is a good chance that NBE will be easier for you once your thyroid is functioning OK again, if it has been over-active for a long time that is.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava this far July 22 2009, 1:23 PM

Apparently I don't have enough thyroid hormones. I get cold very easily, have very dry skin, get very lethargic and tired no matter what I eat or how much I exercise, etc. I have had problems since I was a teenager! I have only been on the compounded thyroid for three months and the doctor is stepping up the dose very gradually in relation to blood tests every six to nine weeks. I guess I thought it would work immediately but perhaps it does take a while.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Brava this far July 22 2009, 3:51 PM

I see. I thought you might be producing too much since you are slender. Low production usually means over weight. I know how you feel - always tired and no energy. I have had this since I had my first child 13 years ago and gone untreated up until this year. It took several months on these meds until I noticed a slight change. I seldom need naps anymore but still ramping up the dosage slowly. Still waiting to feel energetic once more, can't remember what it felt like.

Perhaps your low body temp is stopping growth Roakie. Cell growth won't happen unless the temperature is high enough so try and raise it by taking at least a tablespoon coconut oil daily.

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Brava this far July 29 2009, 4:35 PM

Hi Roakie,

I'm still at it, too. I've just gotten so used to doing Brava, that I haven't felt any need to stop. My breasts have definitely grown (not hugely, but have filled out nicely on top, and have a nice fullness under the nip, too). I think that if you stop for a little while if you're feeling frustrated, that you can always pick it back up, whenever, for round two. I truly believe you WILL get results, it will take time, but regardless of hormones or anything else, the constant pressure and swelling of the breasts causes the cells to split and grow (albeit SLOWLY). Remember hearing about the lady who grew fat pads under her breasts from wearing the domes too low? It wasn't hormones that caused that, nor are hormones a major part of other things this system is used for (lengthening a too short leg etc). You'll get the breasts you're after. Your expectations are realistic. You have the time and ability to do it. It's all good!

My brava result
January 17 2009 at 3:38 PM jennifer (no login)

I think I should post this message to give the crews on the same boat some encouragement.
I have been using brava for 61/2month. about 29 weeks.I stopped 3 days ago. so far I have very minimum shrinkage(less than 1/4 inch). I gained about 2 inches at bust. No weight change during the pass 6-7 month. Right now the thing that borthers me is the skin rash. I have some red and brown marks on my chest and I'm truely hoping they will fade away after I stop using the domes.
I still miss the morning breasts after taking the domes off which is 2 inches bigger than I am right now. I might come back for a second round if my skin gets better. That might be in the summer of this year.
Good luck girls.
jennifer

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: My brava result January 17 2009, 7:37 PM

Hey Jennifer,

That's fantastic! More than I got....keep watching over the next few months. I don't think my actual boobs shrunk much but I lost some back fat so my measurements went down but my underbust got pretty small too. Don't panic about the marks, althouhg it may take as long as a couple of months they should got completely with time.

silv
(no login) Re: My brava result January 18 2009, 12:40 AM

That's great news Jennifer! Skin bleaching cream could help with dark spots. I found A&D ointment helps with itching and red rash.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: My brava result January 18 2009, 6:50 AM

Jennifer - that is awesome! You posted just at the right time for me. I have nearly finished up eleven weeks and have had a few feelings of discouragement, wondering if I will lose everything if I stop. Tonight was the first time I was forced to go as much as 16 hours in between cycles and I retained about 1/2 inch when i put the domes back on. Usually I only have about 8 hours in between so it is hard to know. I plan to do at least 20 weeks, and possibly 30 if I can handle it.
I am so encouraged and so happy for you!! Please keep us updated.
How is everyone else doing on the Brava train?

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: My brava result January 18 2009, 1:08 PM

2 inches! Wow, what a difference and what a reward for your determination. Congratulations Jennifer, I would be thrilled to get half of what you gained Smile

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: My brava result January 18 2009, 2:57 PM

Jennifer - how many hours a day did you average? Also, approximately what cup size were you when starting out?

Cousin Rose - how many weeks are you into Brava? Any results yet?

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) to Roakie January 18 2009, 5:20 PM

Roakie - I am two weeks and 2 days into it. Too early to tell I guess but I'm fuller in the evenings Wink

jennifer
(no login) Re: My brava result January 30 2009, 2:23 AM

Today is my 15th day without brava. I lost about 1/4 to 1/2 inches. I hope it will stay there so that I can keep the rest.
To Roakie,
Sorry I havn't been back for the past 2 weeks. To answer your questions, my avarage probably is 12-13 hours. I started the end of June,2008. Skipped 2-3 days in the past 29 weeks. But those days were around the holiday time which were toward the end of the 29 weeks during Thanksgiving and Chirstmas. I only skipped one day at a time. I started size A I guess. My measurement was 27-28 under and 32 bust and the Brava company sent me the wide large domes. I think that might be a mistake. The inner rim of the two domes always squeezed together from the very beginning. I reordered wide extralarge and got them in December because my right breast started to tough the left side of the right dome. I still suspect it's more of the positioning than the actual gain because my breasts had never swell enough to touch the end of the domes. Only my left side of the right breast touching the side of the dome. So maybe I should have order narrow XL instead of Wide XL. Anyway, before I figure this one out, My red bumps started to bug me. That's why I stopped. Now my underbust is 27-28, and 33 and 1/2 to 34 bust.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: My brava result January 30 2009, 2:38 AM

Jennifer,
It is so great that you have kept most of your growth. At 13 weeks I don't feel I have really grown at all. I am so afraid that if I am lucky enough to gain an inch, and then lose half of that, I will be terrible depressed. But I am so glad for you.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: My brava result January 30 2009, 4:18 AM

jennifer, can you post your before and after bra sizes too please? thanks!

jennifer
(no login) Re: My brava result January 30 2009, 2:27 PM

Roakie,
I know exactly how you feel. I was very worried before. I used to read this forum a lot more offen and Louise and many other ladies' successful stories kept me going. Besides even once a while there were some disappointing results, I think there are always some individual variations. If you have never tried, How would you know it's not going to work for you? Theoretically, Brava idea makes more sense to me. No pain, no gain. It takes a lot of self-discipline and sacrifice to be able to achieve an inch or two. It's not that of a big difference like the surgery would do to us. But every little bit counts. Just hang in there.

Dandelion,
My bra size has always been inaccurate. Before Brava, I wore 34B with paddings. I have never filled them except during pregnency. My right breast was smaller than my left. During Brava, I want to give them more rooms and not to compress the swollen tissue. so I were wearing 36C no padding. Now, I have all these different sizes of bra in my draw 34B,34C,36C. 34B is definitly too tight even without pads. 34C without pads probably is a better fit. But I still like to wear 36C with pads. It just looks so good and comfee.
Good Luck to you all!
jennifer

For Kiagirl - Brava time period...?
October 18 2009 at 5:28 PM Red (Login bluemoonlight)

Hi Kiagirl,

You said that your breast got more volume, which is what I'm looking for - how long did you wear Brava for to get your result? It seems like over 20 weeks.

Thanks!
Red.

Author Reply
kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Re: For Kiagirl - Brava time period...? October 19 2009, 4:44 AM

Hi Red,
Yes, what was left of my breasts(which wasn't much!)was very deflated and saggy after nursing 4 children. My first cycle with Brava was 16 weeks, but I noticed my breasts "perking up" and gaining volume that stayed(after the swelling went down) at about 7-8 weeks. I am on my second cycle with Brava now and am on my 23rd week because I want to get to a full "B" cup. I started out at a AA. It is definitely working and I am getting permanent growth, but of course, it is very sloooow-but so worth it! I hope you have good results with Brava also! I know it's hard, but be patient-it does work!!

Red
(Login bluemoonlight) Re: For Kiagirl - Brava time period...? October 19 2009, 7:55 PM

Thanks Kiagirl! It's getting closer to when I start so just looking at possible time frames!

Miriam41
(Login miriam41) Re: For Kiagirl - Brava time period...? October 20 2009, 1:16 AM

I just started my 7th week using Brava and I have noticed that a few days ago (around my 6 week point) I have started retaining some volume after 12 hours with the dome off (I am doing one breast at a time due to the need to sleep on my side). It is very encouraging. They don't necessarily stick out more but they are slightly thicker and fuller. I can only wear them for an average of 11 hours (I have 3 small children and nursed them all) I am a small A and am looking to become a small B. I am trying for 14 weeks on each side but will go longer if I have to.

Hope this helps!

Red
(Login bluemoonlight) Re: For Kiagirl - Brava time period...? October 20 2009, 2:53 PM

Thanks Miriam41 - it's encouraging to know that people are getting results!

Can I just ask anyone who pops on to this thread - what's the longest you should wear the domes for and the longest you should leave them off for? I have read that you shouldn't leave them on for more than 14 hours and should get them back on after 8-10 hours....

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: For Kiagirl - Brava time period...? October 20 2009, 7:50 PM

I never had a problem wearing them "too long", but then again, I never managed to get longer than 16 hours to wear them straight. I've heard of people wearing them for 18 hours, but that seems a bit excessive...

Otherwise is the general rule that the longer you can wear the domes (both hours / day and number of months) the better results you'll get.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon